Skip to content

Killed Drizzt in 3 seconds!!! are werebears OP?

I met drizzt as a lvl 11 Druid Shapeshifter playing solo... summoned 2 werebears with conjure animal lvl 6 druid/cleric spell and than made them attack him. 3 SECONDS later he was dead... yes i said seconds not minutes...

I bet these 2 bears can just solo the final boss and his army lol...
MessiSCARY_WIZARDlolien

Comments

• satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    am not hacking am just following D&D rules and not nerfed Baldurs Gate rules...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Well, I will admit that the final battle was a good deal easier than I remembered it. Zero Hacks and the only mods were Tutu and unfinished business. Level Cap in place. I did use some cheese, but...

and yeah, to the OP's question, yes. If you are fully kitted out and above the level cap by that much (would have to have 200k XP to be level 11 Druid), you should expect things to be a little on the easy side.

But I'd bet you were exaggerating the time frame. I think 3 seconds is less than 1 round. Even if your werebears both criticalled at the same time, I'd be surprised if that would kill him.
    TJ_Hooker
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2013
    Werebears aren't OP, Drizzt is just less of a challenge in BG1 so he can be killed by a mid level party. It's not the WB fault you modded the game and introduced them into an environment not used to them. Think about what you're doing to the ecosystem! ;)
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I think Druids can only reach level 10 in TOTSC, but I'm not sure how much more powerful level 11 would make them.
  • HadrianBlackwaterHadrianBlackwater Member Posts: 121

.... is there anyone on this forum not using hacks and going 'lul diz game iz esey!!!'

sure :) but thats minimum of players. But these ppl dont know how you feel OP when killed Drizzt with group around 3-4 lvl or how to think in fights.

Because than you can just charge and kill all

Yes i reached lvl 10 fast since i play solo (no party) and than i stopped gaining exp so i used the exp remover. I can solo drizzt as well since i have protection from normal weapons as a werewolf.
    XP cap in ToSC is 161K (or 10th level Druid). 11th level for a druid is 200K.
    edited January 2013
    Kaigen said:

satyrion said:

So I'm sure you gave Drizzt the powers and abilities he should truly have by D&D rules for being a level 16 Ranger, right? Right?

Ohh so in BG1 he is nerfed?

that sux!! Didnt know that... the only reason i can solo him is cuz he cant hit me cuz i have prot from normal weapons. The werebears can however solo him 10x better than i can myself so i wont be using that spell... too OP and according to D&D rules its impossible to summon werebears with conjure animal spell when ur a lvl 11 Druid.

All i ever wanted was a game with TRUE D&D rules...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]
    satyrion said:

Yes i reached lvl 10 fast since i play solo (no party) and than i stopped gaining exp so i used the exp remover. I can solo drizzt as well since i have protection from normal weapons as a werewolf.

Drzzt's weapons are not normal.

As for you 'not hacking', using a Mod is considered hacking. And the game is balanced for a maximum of 161K XP. Allowing yourself more than that is going outside the parameters of the games's intent. You are free to do so, but you can't say that you aren't hacking.

am not hacking the D&D rules am i?

screw the game i want real D&D rule and not be limited and nerfed to BG's limitations.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Protection from normal weapons shouldn't work vs twinkle and icing death. I imagine he isn't flagged as having magical weapons since again, u aren't supposed to be able to cast that spell in bg 1
    The_New_Romancebooinyoureyes

Protection from normal weapons shouldn't work vs twinkle and icing death. I imagine he isn't flagged as having magical weapons since again, u aren't supposed to be able to cast that spell in bg 1

everyone else with +1 wespons can hit me but Drizzt is unable to hit me because he is not using twinkle and icing death in BG1 he is just using normal undropable weapons...

See here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14978/drizzt-unable-to-damage-me-when-i-fight-him
    elminster
    Then step away from the computer and go pick up some dice.
    Problem solved.
    ReadingRamboZanianlolien
    edited January 2013
    Splod said:

Then step away from the computer and go pick up some dice.
    Problem solved.

I am not in a position where i am able to do that at this time in my life which is why i wanted to play Baldurs Gate... again. Just sux that they cant use the real rules, but they use their own modified D&D rules

One good thing about D&D is that its not about balanced gameplay and all that stuff. D&D can be unfair as #¤%& but to please the masses bioware modded their own ruleset...
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    Mate, we aren't saying you can't play the game the way you like... but we are saying that you can't say you're not hacking the game.
    satyrion said:

screw the game i want real D&D rule and not be limited and nerfed to BG's limitations.

The game you are playing is BALANCED for the 'nerfed' rules in BG. But again, feel free to play as you enjoy. Just don't claim that you aren't hacking THE GAME if you are using mods that alter the original product as presented.

And if you are really that insistent on claiming that you are playing Real D&D rules, Druids should be Neutral. What possible reason within alignment could you have for attacking and murdering someone?

I never said i was not hacking the game, i said i played with true D&D rules and not the nerfed BG rules

If playing with the real rules is hacking than i guess i am a hacker...
    edited January 2013
    satyrion said:

I never said i was not hacking the game, i said i played with true D&D rules and not the nerfed BG rules

If playing with the real rules is hacking than i guess i am a hacker...

satyrion said:

But it's all cool. Enjoy.

TJ_HookerGodKaiserHellCrevsDaakButtercheese

satyrion said:

The game you are playing is BALANCED for the 'nerfed' rules in BG. But again, feel free to play as you enjoy. Just don't claim that you aren't hacking THE GAME if you are using mods that alter the original product as presented.

And if you are really that insistent on claiming that you are playing Real D&D rules, Druids should be Neutral. What possible reason within alignment could you have for attacking and murdering someone?

Matter of fact i do play as a Netural Druid, and reason for killing drizzt was just to test my characters VS him. I can just reload, i dont really hardcore roleplay but i prefer following the real rules.

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    satyrion said:

I never said i was not hacking the game

satyrion said:

Okey dokey
    TressetGodKaiserHellCrevsDaakButtercheese
    So you mod the game to suit how you think it should be played, which throws the balance out of whack... Then complain you're too powerful for the game?
    TJ_HookerGodKaiserHelllolienButtercheese
    Splod said:

So you mod the game to suit how you think it should be played, which throws the balance out of whack... Then complain you're too powerful for the game?

i mod the game to TRUE D&D rules or as close as i can get...i bought this game because i wanted a true D&D experience, not a nerfed washed out D&D experience.

edited January 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

satyrion said:

I never said i was not hacking the game

satyrion said:

Okey dokey
    ok u got me there but as i said *If playing with the real rules is hacking than i guess i am a hacker...*

Meaning if i play a D&D licensed game with D&D rules i am a hacker...
  • I can't find two people who can agree on what the "True D&D rules" are in a PnP setting. I don't think you're going to have much luck finding a video game that offers that.
    TJ_HookerlakridsCrevsDaak
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    What people are saying is that BG is not built around a 'TRUE D&D' experience, it is built around its 'nerfed' ruleset. Therefore playing it according to 'TRUE D&D'(tm) rules causes massive balance issues, such as making Drizzt a joke.
This discussion has been closed.