Skip to content

ETA?

Comments

• ElessarElessar Member Posts: 44

Apple is not going to accept it if it doesn't work with trackpads.

And to answer your question, most Mac users own them. MBPs are by far the most common Mac on Steam and the most commonly sold Mac.

I agree, but that didn't stop me from buying a mouse in anticipation of this game (during last September, that is).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    MBP is what I will be playing it on, and I don't have a mouse at present, so no trackpad would be bad for me. I have the iPad version until then, but the lack of modding capabilities is getting to me. Hoping the OSX version will be better.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    Until a compatible version of Weidu is launched the only mods that will work are those that use only the override folder. If it needs to change dialog.tlk or chitin.key it will not work.

We can only hope a compatible Weidu won't take long after Mac version is released, although the Windows version itself is still in beta.

Maybe @Wisp can shed some light in this...
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    I have a MBA. I wanna get a thunderbolt display so I can really get on with my BG love/addiction.
  • willwillwillwill Member Posts: 23
    I'll play this with touchpad too. I've moved from desk to sofa with my laptop so using mouse is pain. I even do some simple tasks with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with touchpad.
    Goddard
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I use a touchpad for music production and video editing but I have to use a mouse for gaming.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LCohen7LCohen7 Member Posts: 15
    If all that is left is a bug in the trackpad, then it is an easy one to fix.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @clocknova: all new MacBook Pro's come with a touchpad. I never ever use a mouse anymore, the touchpad is much more versatile.
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    Patch 2012 got released for PC a few days ago, for Ipad yesterday.
    Next point on the list would be OS X release, right?
    ElessarCerevant
  • clocknovaclocknova Member Posts: 23
    Phyrax said:

@clocknova: all new MacBook Pro's come with a touchpad. I never ever use a mouse anymore, the touchpad is much more versatile.

Of course, they do, but they're impossible to game with. I take a mobile mouse with me everywhere I go for that reason.

• GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    I have a Apple Magic Mouse and that is the perfect middle ground between a touch pad and a mouse. The track pad works perfect for everything except selecting multiple things while dragging. So selecting a few members from your party by dragging across the screen is harder to do. The magic mouse makes this super easy.
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    Twitter: @wmusial Mac version had another crash bug. Found and fixed. It starts again
  • DrackoniusDrackonius Member Posts: 1
    Bhaaldog said:

Any particular recommendations?

My wife and I swear by the Logitech MX mice. They are nice and small and have great functionality and the batteries seem to last forever.

I have Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX. It's portable and can be used even on a glass surface. But my old VX Revolution felt more accurate.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Is this game ever coming out>:(
  • psullipsulli Member Posts: 4
    Something like 15 years after its initial release ... and people are still complaining about the release date.

Buck up drawnacrol ... this team has decided to re-learn the lessons of project development by investing zots into The Apple Way. Seems like they aren't ready to call it quits on The AppStore™ yet.

But they might have better luck getting involved in a land war in Asia.
    Goddard
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    The magic mouse is not good for many games because you can't do two clicks at once.

That said, Apple makes killer trackpads and I have zero problems using them for games that don't require reflexes, BG included.
    I rethought this and now I don't think it is a problem that mac version is late.

Bigger problem is that other versions seem to be shipped out buggy as hell. And quite major problems like game not working with Intel integrated video cards.

This is not the right way to do this? Buggy games make players unhappy.
    [Deleted User]Sixheadeddog
    Sixheadeddog
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Q on Twitter: "Is BG for the Mac platform dead?"
    Trent Oster: "No. I'm hoping next week."
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    Cerevant said:

Q on Twitter: "Is BG for the Mac platform dead?"
    Trent Oster: "No. I'm hoping next week."

Is that referring to next week submission, or has it been submitted to apple already? I haven't kept up

• NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    It's exhausting trying to keep up! I know they are working hard but it's been pretty frustrating. This is the first game I'll be playing on my Mac, so first time I've had to wait for Mac release. I now understand why Mac games get released so much later :'(
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    edited January 2013
    @Nichols Be glad you weren't gaming on the Mac ten years ago, when a year or less was considered "soon"
    after the PC release. Ah, the good old days...
  • bersbachbersbach Member Posts: 14
    As someone who knows little about programming, I comfort myself by believing that resolving these platform/engine-related issues now will result in a smoother rollout of BG2. I sure hope that I'm right about that.
    Goddard
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    In short, yes.
  • blueblue Member Posts: 39
    OK. so... is this game ever coming to Mac? This is beginning to feel like Kafka's "The Trial".