Skip to content

You know you play Baldur's Gate too much when..

123457»

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    When you quote the characters, like Sarevok's line in the intro cinematic, despite knowing that none of your friends will understand.
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    When you convince a friend to play BG2 with you, and you quote every word Jon Irenicus says in the startup...
  • SpidersBaneSpidersBane Member Posts: 20
    When you meet someone new and ditch one of your old friends because there's not enough room in your party
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    When you watch JourneyQuest ( ) and the first thing that pops in your mind when the Sword of Fighting is introduced:

" It's Lilarcor!
    Man I miss him :( "

Then proceed to play all your MP3 Lilarcor quotes in WinAmp.

• diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132

When I say to my boss "It will be done with skill and care, if not brevity." :)

Or... "if you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant..."

Weecraig said:

Incidently, I wanted to call our daughter "Morrigan" and she was all for it until she happened across where I got the idea.
    She's gonna be really pissed when she finds out that it's actually "Moradin."
    Mathuzzz said:

Elandir said:

...When you install BG on your Pc and Windows says... AGAIN??????

Wait a second...you ever uninstalled BG from your PC? Blasphemy!

Heh I have three hard drives in five partitions and I swear I've got them installed in four different places. Disc version, gog version, bgt, etc...

• Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    When you sit on a forum and talk about how much you play Baldurs Gate.
  • ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    ...when you "search for traps" in a place you have never been.

...when you think you have to find an inn or go outside to sleep.
  • ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    ...when you run around tall people yelling, "Beware! Your knees are mine!"
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    when you go all out to get baldur's gate working in multiplayer...and with succes
    Well, I know someone who did this... *coughChesebellycough* But hey, if it weren't for his patience, we wouldn't be playing a multiplayer match together right now. :)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Game Ranger is the answer to all multiplayer problems :)
  • MachineOfLightMachineOfLight Member Posts: 15
    ...when you go around town yelling "I'm actually quite shy!!"

...when you still quote the game in daily life 10+ years after first playing it.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    bgplaya said:

When you get caught up in the excitement of finding out the release date...

...and accidentally pre-purchase the Windows version of the game, when you have a Mac. Doh!

Guilty as charged!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    When you play with MOD's and Cheats
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Vasculio said:

When you play with MOD's and Cheats

*raises hand* Yup, that's me. Shadowkeeper is addictive, to say the least. XD
  • Eldoth_KronEldoth_Kron Member Posts: 18
    You mean the "Nestled atop the cliffs that rise from the Sword Coast, the citadel of Candlekeep.." and so on?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Phyrax said:

bgplaya said:

When you get caught up in the excitement of finding out the release date...

...and accidentally pre-purchase the Windows version of the game, when you have a Mac. Doh!

Guilty as charged!
    I did this too. In my defence, it was because I had a PC at the time and was going to get a Mac in the future. I got my Mac, and then my PC broke a week later. Waiting for the Mac version and playing the iPad one in the meantime...

So maybe: '...when you buy three copies of a game you played and completed over a decade ago'?

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    .... When you're no longer looking for high stats when you make a new character, but simply a pattern of stats you haven't already had with another character.

.... And when that still takes you three days to get.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    ... you use "will you be my witch? I am nothing without a witch" as a pickup line.
    ... you call your girlfriend "pretty dove" to make yourself look romantic.
    ... you've done something good and you tell to yourself "Gorion would be proud of my actions."
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    ... When you stand in the middle of the road for precisly 8 hours to memorize spells

... When you try to sell your tin foil helmet of Doom to a shop so you can afford a twix bar

... When you start breaking open coffins to make off with their jewerly not expecting anyone to care

... When you go into a pub and ask the barkeep if his heard any rumors

... When your misses wants to have sexy time so you turn off the lights and immidietly turn them back on and try to start up a morning after conversation

... When you start talking to everyperson on the steeet in hopes one of them has a quest for you

... When your walking through a park and see a stick that makes you think 'The Sword of Orc Slaying +3' O.o

... When you keep sticking your cat in your backpack incase it gets killed and you lose a constitution point

... When you try and walk really fast and pretended youve been hasted

... When you keep shifting your make shift sword from your right hand to your left depending on where you believe the camera is

... When standing in front of a door and try to open it without touching it

... When drinking a bottle of coke pretending its a health potion
  • LoneWolfDonLoneWolfDon Member Posts: 25
    When about to go through a door, you say "I must gather my party before venturing forth." ;)

When you feel tired you say "My training didn't prepare me for *yawn* such extended activity".

After taking a shower you exclaim "My bottom's as clean as an Elven's arse".

Before going to bed, you check the ceiling to make sure there's no dangling giant spider that might drop down on you.

When waking up you think "I need a +1 Cup of Coffee".
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    ...When you find yourself quoting Lilarcor more than you should.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    ...you hit spacebar on every other game you play
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Djimmy said:

...you hit spacebar on every other game you play

-lol-
    Or anything else you do, like browsing a forum.