Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I almost feel like my designed are going to waste in a sense. Why? Because I could utilize so much more space if I was able to utilize the transparent background mod. I'm torn because if I continue to do designs and this bug gets fixed I will ultimately have to go back and make a lot of changes and resdesgin my screens to utilize the TBM fully. What should I do? Keep moving forward and then have to backtrack if things get fixed or wait and see then move forward? I really don't want to backtrack again. I'm just scared I'm going to start to lose interest if I keep moving backwards...
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    That's quite a dilemma indeed. Maybe we could ask an official word from the devs if the bug is being worked on or prioritized to be on top of the list. I'm sure they'd want to keep one of the most famous mod for BG:EE alive.
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    Did you ask to work in Developer Team???you are really a genius...very very great Mod!! I'm only image what you can do if the trasperence bug is going to be fixed!! Please don't stop to do this work!!you are really a good worker and you made we happy with you fantastic UI!! really congratz!! and go to work with the DevTeam...you are really reallt good again!!
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    Perhaps you could try to automatically hide the bottom UI Line which causes the Bug when going into a new UI element created from you. The bottom UI is unused when inside Spellbook or something else. And if the Devs fix it... you could just "switch" the hiding off.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    well, while I understand what you're going through, the best thing honestly is continue down the current path and if/when that bug gets addressed/fixed you can then switch over to the transparent layout. Reason is, when/if they fix that bug, what is that going to break? the transparency is something unheard of in the BG games and wasn't intended, so I'm sure you'll find more bugs along the way. Plus with the engine this old, fixing one bug could break something else. ::drops his two credits in the jar::
    edited January 2013
    @Tim - If I was able to fix the bug I sure would've by now. I don't have control over all elements in the game. These elements that are showing up are the bug that I cannot fix. Thanks.
    I'm taking care of a few touch up things from the TBM removal and working on the mage book and priest scroll.
  • fritzlfritzl Member Posts: 12
    Hi Friends. I jus t want to use the bigger fonts of this mod. I like it, but I prefer the vanilla one. Would it be possible please? Thanks in advance
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    fritzl said:

Hi Friends. I jus t want to use the bigger fonts of this mod. I like it, but I prefer the vanilla one. Would it be possible please? Thanks in advance

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13161/font-mod-larger-font-size-for-bgee-beta-1-0

Extra development in that one seems to be "on hold"(I'm not even sure what would be left to add other than extra fonts) but since I don't see anyone complaining in that thread I don't think you will experience any problems using it as it is.
    @fritzl - Sorry, its not a standalone mod anymore. I don't have time to support 2 mods at this time. Maybe once Archaic GUI is finished. Thanks.
  • fritzlfritzl Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Archaic. Your beta 6 looks awsome! Good work
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Thanks a lot for percentile news. This way we all know how far we are from final release. Hope all modders could do this rather than "it will be when it will be ready".
    I actually prefer "It will be ready when it's ready" It puts less pressure on the modder, and weeds out the impatient jerks who don't respect the modder enough to not ask and to just be patient. :)
    Hopefully I will be resuming the BETA 6 design process tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back at it!
    edited February 2013
    Mage Book for BETA 6:
    http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5509/guimgbredesign2.jpg
    I made a lot of adjustments based on everyone's feedback. I add the Mystra logo to the top right. Let me know what you think of the changes.
    Post edited by Archaic on
    I like it, but do you really need that many magic missiles? O.o
    @ShadowSmuggler - Its a concept design not an in-game screenshot...
    edited February 2013
    @Sylvus_Moonbow -

1. Doesn't make sense to design 3 different type of buttons for each screen. If I make buttons that match the the GUI buttons it doesn't look as good with the color scheme in each screen. I would then also need to go back and do this for each screen. That is a CRAZY amount of work.

2. I like the idea of circles - I will see what i can do.

3. I purposely made it a watermark to avoid people saying it was too distracting. I can bring it out a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback.
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    Which one do you like better? Spell Level Navigation on top or bottom?
    Bottom. Makes it easier on the eyes when working with the spells.
    edited February 2013
    Can I throw in some suggestions? Wouldn't this make for a better Mystra logo? Here:
    I'm not sure if it would be distracting also, as others may complain. Same style can be applied though. I also don't know about canon lore, so I'm not sure if the logo suggested would fit to the lore. Was the text from before also complained? IMHO, the add realism to the book. The previous colored circles also gave a bit more color. And nice work as always. Welcome back @Archaic.
    @Illustair - I saw that logo but as you mentioned it felt too busy. I went with the holy symbol of Mystra from: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mystra

I don't understand what you're saying about the text?

I will check into making the circle spell borders a different color.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Archaic said:

Made a few adjustments...
    Changed up the color tone and removed a few things...

Sorry, I wasn't too clear. I mean the text right beside the skull logo from before. Thanks.
    @Illustair - That text was not complained about so maybe I will see about bringing it back. Good suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.