Skip to content

Metal heads.

123457»

Comments

• BrightNightBrightNight Member Posts: 36
    Ruckus3 said:

Ruckus3 said:

Anybody listen to Dillinger? The album with Mike Patton was absolutely sick. Of course, anything with Mike Patton (besides Peeping Tom, which was just awful) is freaking insane in my book. I know it's not metal, but have any of you heard Mr. Bungle?

Mike Patton is a very creative guy indeed. I like his work with Faith No More best.
    Faith No More is sick, ever hear of Fantomas? It's some pretty good shit, but not as good as Tomahawk.
    I remember when a good friend put Fantomas on....my first impression was; what the hell am i hearing right now?' this is weirdo music.

But actually after a few times listening its pretty cool. What else can one expect with the likes of Dave Lombardo no? :-D

• Ruckus3Ruckus3 Member Posts: 73

Ruckus3 said:

Ruckus3 said:

Anybody listen to Dillinger? The album with Mike Patton was absolutely sick. Of course, anything with Mike Patton (besides Peeping Tom, which was just awful) is freaking insane in my book. I know it's not metal, but have any of you heard Mr. Bungle?

Mike Patton is a very creative guy indeed. I like his work with Faith No More best.
    Faith No More is sick, ever hear of Fantomas? It's some pretty good shit, but not as good as Tomahawk.
    I remember when a good friend put Fantomas on....my first impression was; what the hell am i hearing right now?' this is weirdo music.

But actually after a few times listening its pretty cool. What else can one expect with the likes of Dave Lombardo no? :-D

Hahaha exactly. Honestly, it reminds me of Disco Volante (or however you spell it) a lot. Just a shit ton of random noises, and Mike screaming "AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!". Hehe good shit.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    If you like super weird metal that is at the same time extremely catchy and melodic, I would highly recommend you Unexpect:

This band is sooooooo good!
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Not sure if it's metal, but it's weird and a classic. I Hate Jimmy Page. Really I do.

Not sure if it's metal, but it's weird and a classic. I Hate Jimmy Page. Really I do.

MSI is the shit dude. Lights Out is one of my favorites.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

Beautiful.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2013
    Ruckus3AHF
    That's badass dude.

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Love that periodic chart!

My high school year book lists Queensryche, Alice in Chains and Rush as my favorite bands and some double digit number of years later those are all still bands in my wheel-house (Queensryche being the one that has been the most disappointing with recent content and AIC being the one that surprised me in a good way). Haven't read the whole thread but some of my favorites:

Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Heavy Porcupine Tree, Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Opeth, Symphony X, Nightwish, Alice in Chains, Rage, Judas Priest, early Dream Theater (they lost me after Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence), and others.

I don't get far into black or death metal (generally liking aspects of it but getting put off by the vocals).

Lots of others people have mentioned that I like but that I haven't immersed myself in like Diablo Swing Orchestra, etc.

Some of the heavier classic rock and alternative rock is also great but not really "metal" in my book: Rush, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Soundgarden (not their recent release), etc.
    Ruckus3
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited February 2013
    Mera said:

If you like super weird metal that is at the same time extremely catchy and melodic, I would highly recommend you Unexpect:

lol, this isn't really "super weird" Metal - it's called Prog... here's another example:

• rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    @HORSE
    thanx for posting Unepect...i was not familiar w/ them...
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    I tend to love most genres of music, but I guess you could say my heart will always belong to Power Metal.
    I'm only going to post a few since my like list is absolutely huge.

Timeless Miracle - Curse Of The Werewolf

Instanzia - The Desert Fox

Судный День - Черное Пророчество

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Wintersun

Wintersun, Summoning, Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Linkin Park... I have many(not so many) favourites but Wintersun is out of this world...
    Darrylson
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    Djimmy said:

Wintersun

Wintersun, Summoning, Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Linkin Park... I have many(not so many) favourites but Wintersun is out of this world...

If this is the Summoning you're talking about:

Then I love you, I also strongly recommend Drudkh to anyone looking for a "softer" and more melodic flavor of black metal.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Summoning is so cool.

From the other thread I posted this

Skálmöld - Baldur from the album Baldur (2010)

• chladaschladas Member Posts: 1
    Amon Amarth
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I'm more of an electronic music guy myself...
    I got to see Meshuggah last Wednesday!! Holy shit it was insane! My buddy caught Haake's drumstick, then gave it to me!! Aaahhhh!
    Sorry. Had to get that out.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

I decided to pop this CD in tonight after several years of not listening to it, and was reminded how awesomely addictive this song is.

Keldian - Requiem For The Light

@Oxford_Guy
    I'm more of an electronic music guy myself...
    Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTtI-JETzc

• BlackBrilliantBlackBrilliant Member Posts: 11
    If you're gonna kill some dragons at least listen to some *good* dragon killing music.

Agalloch:

High on Fire:

Darkthrone:

Weakling:

• 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    Machinae Supremacy:

Blood Stain Child:

Kvelertak:

Pharaoh:

And for dragon killing:
    Dream Evil:

Fitting song for trap-infested dungeons: