Skip to content

ETA?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    The game is being tested. As Trent Oster twitted a crash bug has been found and is being solved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited January 2013
    Jan 27, 2012
    Cerevant said:

Q on Twitter: "Is BG for the Mac platform dead?"
    Trent Oster: "No. I'm hoping next week."

• GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    This is gonna be awesome to play at work. Hahah jk.
  • SwaggerSwagger Member Posts: 1
    If I was not needed in controlling the denizens in the nine hells of Baator you would have my sword of apple bug slaying at your disposal.

Just a note of hope for us Mac users: These aren't Apple bugs and this game will rock by passing Apple standards.

Go for the eyes, Boo!
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    Oh yeah. It's gonna be released soon! :)
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    I can't confirm anything other than that we're busily working on the Mac version. :) I know it's annoying when there's no transparency and you're just waiting, but believe me, people are hard at work!
    FignousVirren
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Aosaw said:

There's something else about the Mac release that will, I think, make a lot of people happy. I don't have time right now, but expect a short announcement later today.

Squeee!!!

Boo approves of this tease, but it better be good.
    Fignous
    @Evinfuilt Would it be too much of a tease if I said I probably know what he means? ;)
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @Evinfuilt It's good. :)
    mlnevese said:

@Evinfuilt Would it be too much of a tease if I said I probably know what he means? ;)

As mentioned in the dead thread, I've been waiting over 10 years for a stable Baldurs Gate on mac. I can handle a few more hours of waiting on news.

mlnevese
    I wanna know!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JairyannaMoomintroll
  • AdamAdam Member Posts: 3
    Aosaw said:

There's something else about the Mac release that will, I think, make a lot of people happy. I don't have time right now, but expect a short announcement later today.

Is is a vapor, nah, a cloud? Hmmm... wait maybe it is a Steam?
  • doenerdoener Member Posts: 18
    @TrentOster Is BG for the Mac platform dead?

"@Doener No. I'm hoping next week."

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Okay, so it looks like my bosses want it to be a formal announcement, which means it will be a few days yet before I can say anything. Sorry to get people's hopes up.

Suffice to say, though, it's good news. ;)
    MoomintrollScooterKnoland
    @Aosaw
    /sob

but understandable. Now to consols myself on my iPad version. I've been told there's a damsel in distress who needs rescuing, and who can turn that down.
  • vdoxpvdoxp Member Posts: 6
    Hope it is coming very soon. :-(
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    vdoxp said:

Hope it is coming very soon. :-(

anticipation is half the fun.. ;) just give it 1 or 2 more weeks and then it will be out. i guess.
    vdoxp
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Aosaw said:

Sorry to get people's hopes up.

@Aosaw - You can make it up to me by telling me in a private message. I promise not to let the cat out of the bag. :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FuzzyPuffinmlneveseEudaemoniumMoomintroll
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    ? Added where?
    Bhaaldog said:

Apparently they have added *** This post has been moderated to prevent spoilers *** to the Mac version.

this was either done on purpose (and is hilarious) or after the fact (and still hilarious.) It's as if the teasing is even worse.
    Stickan
    Bhaaldog said:

Aosaw said:

Sorry to get people's hopes up.

@Aosaw - You can make it up to me by telling me in a private message. I promise not to let the cat out of the bag. :-D
    Apparently they have added *** This post has been moderated to prevent spoilers *** to the Mac version.
    Now we only have to investigate how you discovered that...
    StickanEudaemonium
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    More DLC, new characters, map editor? I wonder what it is.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292

hey, my initials are DLC...i think the world only needs/can only handle one of me...
    free stuff sounds like a great idea, though...
    maybe those of us who have waited oh-so-patiently will have The Room of Magical Ring-Making added into the game...
    oh fart knockers...I was getting all geared up to be unexpectedly surprised and excited.
    rexreg said:

hey, my initials are DLC...i think the world only needs/can only handle one of me...
    free stuff sounds like a great idea, though...
    maybe those of us who have waited oh-so-patiently will have The Room of Magical Ring-Making added into the game...
    Hey all the clones out there may resent your comment! :)
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    I'll go ahead and break my NDA, who cares. Mac users have suffered long enough.

A predesigned Steve Jobs playable character has been added to the game, exclusive to the Mac version. He's a Wild Mage, of course, representing his infamous, unpredictable nature towards his employees.

His soundset features memorable clips from his Keynotes, such as "insanely great," "just one more thing,"
    and "boom."
    RyanPKPhyraxoldsch00l