Tiger Monk Kit - Now under the Monk Submenu, and will level accordingly.
Above is the link to the compressed kit files. The Kit installs under Monk, and requires Human, and Lawful.
The kit is loosely based on the Greyhawk 2E Monk. http://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/monk/monk.htmlhttp://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/monk/flan.html
Staffs auto-create on level, and Garb creates at Level 1. (Reason for Garb is to allow the WIS modifier to AC ... and a little more umph).
A big thanks to @requiem
for all the help and ideas.
This is my first MOD (for any game), and I am not a programmer by trade. This is my attempt to give back to such a great community that has extended this games replay-ability. I did a complete run-through of the game with this MOD and I didn't see anything out of place. Initially it might feel a little weak, but it picks up fast. If you want the first few levels to be easier, download my Shuriken MOD, and kite your enemy when needed.
******* Description ********
TIGER STYLE MONK:The Tiger Style is no longer formally taught in any known locations. It is a ancient, vital style that concentrates on unleashing the fierceness of the fighter in a nearly uncontrolled fashion by using the monks Chi. The wisdom required to master Chi to this high of a level reduces the monks overall physical prowess, which he more than makes up for with his spell-like abilities.It is also the only martial arts style in the Relams that actively makes use of weapons in its training. Trainees use a variety of improvised weapons, but the chief weapon of the style is a sturdy stick known amongst the order as "tiger sticks." These weapons are easily manufactured or obtained from common everyday implements, or from sundering staves, farming tools, or household cleaning implements. Masters often carry these shellacked sticks carved in a tiger-stripe pattern (which sometimes leave that same pattern upon their opponents). Tiger sticks are treated as martial arts weapons for practitioners of Tiger Style, and can be used to focus his Chi powers through. As the Tiger Monk progresses in his mastery he gains the ability to manufacture "tiger sticks" infused with their own Chi power making them much more fierce.
- Must be Human
- Must be Lawful
- Must have an 18 in Wisdom.
- May advance to Grand Mastery in Quarterstaffs.
- May add 2 points in Two Handed Weapon Style.
- Moves 2 points faster than other characters initially, and improves by 1 every 5 additional levels.
- Recieves a -1 to Armor Class at level 1 and every 2 additional levels.
- Gains Chi Heal at level 7.
- Creates Tiger Staffs at level 1, 3, 6, 9, and 15.
- Recieves Tiger Monk Garb at level 1.
- Gains -1 weapon speed at level 8 and 12.
- Immune to Charm and +1 to saves at level 9.
- Immune to Poison at level 11.
- Gains Chi Powers starting at level 1.
Level 1 - Take down - Knocks an opponent down with a crushing blow.
Level 2 - Improved Take Down - Attempt to knock the opponent out with a crushing blow. (If/when the opponent wakes, he may drop his weapon and flee).
Level 3 - Bolster Self - The Monk draws on his Chi to become more powerful.
Level 4 - Tiger's Ferocity - The Monk spins his staff so quickly as to terrify his opponents.
Level 5 - Death Strike - The Monk attempts to crush the life from his victim.
Level 6 - Daze and Confuse - The Monk strikes his opponent so swiftly that the victim losses his senses.
Level 7 - Tiger's Frenzy - The Monk moves with the swiftness of a tiger.
Chi Power Uses by Level
- May not wear any armor except for Tiger Monk Garb.
- May not wear helmets or bracers.
- Can only be Human and Lawful.
- May not find traps or use stealth.
- Suffers -2 to Strength and -2 to Charisma due to Chi focus and lack of socialization.
- Cannot use fist progression and special fist moves.
- Loses MR.
Feel free to give feedback.