Skip to content

New Kits Tips & Bugs

DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
I did some tests with most of the new Kits (in the Black Pits) and found some interessting facts.

- Dragon Disciple can Dual Class into a Fighter/Mage/Cleric -> Bug cause strange effects
- Shadow Step only works out of combat (is this a bug ?) I Dont see the use for it out of combat.
- Shadowdancer can put 2 points in Axe ? (I have a Halforc, maybe its a bug?) but cannot use them
- Shadowdancer cannot use traps (description missing ?)

Let me know what you find about the new Kits :)
Post edited by Darkersun on

Comments

• Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    I'm on the ipad so I don't have access to these yet. Can you dual class from fighter to dragon disciple?
  • OutsiderSubtypeOutsiderSubtype Member Posts: 10
    Seems like Shadowdancer is buggy as hell.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

I'm on the ipad so I don't have access to these yet. Can you dual class from fighter to dragon disciple?

Sorcerer isn't an option for Dual Classing, unfortunately.
  • blipmusicblipmusic Member Posts: 36
    Aww, say it ain't so. Looked forward to another sneaky class (if I can let go of Posion Weapon). Bug or not, I'd be ok with Shadowdancers having 2 pips in dagger instead of axe, though... *cough*
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    Dragon Disciple can actually dual to a fighter, cleric, or mage. But you can't dual to a Dragon Disciple.

Edit: Nevermind. You are able to click dual class, and go through the whole process, but when you click done to finish, you're just brought back to the character records screen with no changes having been made (i.e. you're still just a dragon disciple).

Edit 2: Ok, there are some changes made after you go through the dual class process. Whenever I enter and exit the dual class screen (whether I actually complete the process or not), I get +1 CON. If I go through the process with a fighter, my current proficiencies are replaced with whichever ones I chose for the fighter. Ditto for cleric. Dual classing to a mage also replaces your proficiencies, but also lets you add more level 1 spells to your spellbook. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that being able to enter the dual class screen is a bug.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    Darkersun said:

- Shadow Step only works out of combat (is this a bug ?) I Dont see the use for it out of combat.

To avoid Imoen and Elminster, perhaps?

• CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Didn't try Shadowdancer yet, but the kit seems to be the perfect petty thief: Take what you want in front of anyone... Flaming Fist will have a hard time :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Darkersun said:

- Shadowdancer can put 2 points in Axe ? (I have a Halforc, maybe its a bug?)

All Shadowdancers (any race) can put two stars into axe proficency. However, they can't actually USE any axes.

I think the probablility of it being a bug is rather high...
    Cactus said:

Didn't try Shadowdancer yet...

It shows, by your use of the word "perfect" in the same sentence...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Fardragon said:

Darkersun said:

All Shadowdancers (any race) can put two stars into axe proficency. However, they can't actually USE any axes.

Have you bug reported it?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,194
    Also shadowdancers seem to have standard thief backstab multiplier.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited February 2013
    I've tried Shadowdancer and even though I can't set traps (reported it), the proficiencies are wonky (saw it reported) I'm having lots of fun soloing. The ability to lose aggro (HiS) every few seconds is great. Helps reposition for either a backstab or go to max range if if I'm using a ranged weapon, cancels the enemy's spells, etc. I hope they don't nerf it. :D It's a mage spell eater.
    Currently lvl 6, chapter 3 and I will probably run it a few more hours then leave the save alone till they fix the class. In spite of the bugs it's been very enjoyable. :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Fardragon said:

Darkersun said:

Have you bug reported it?
    I've just checked, this has been bug reported
  • InvalidInvalid Member Posts: 10
    Can Shadowdancer dual into Mage, cleric or fighter?
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    @Invalid Should be able to, as it's not listed in the kit description that they are prohibited. If they can't dual class it's another bug.

A human with Boots of Stealth(20 MS / 15 HiS) and 18 Dex would only need 100 more points to successfully stealth every time. So a lvl 7 shadowdancer/mage or lvl 6 shadowdancer/cleric or fighter (because they could wear the Shadow Armor) would have a get out of jail free card every ... 6 seconds is it?
  • InvalidInvalid Member Posts: 10

@Invalid Should be able to, as it's not listed in the kit description that they are prohibited. If they can't dual class it's another bug.

A human with Boots of Stealth(20 MS / 15 HiS) and 18 Dex would only need 100 more points to successfully stealth every time. So a lvl 7 shadowdancer/mage or lvl 6 shadowdancer/cleric or fighter (because they could wear the Shadow Armor) would have a get out of jail free card every ... 6 seconds is it?

SD dual will become popular and OP, unless vs true seeing enemies? Can't be dispelled as well.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    HIPS should really be changed a bit to be made less OP.
    It's basically the staff of the magi included in a class ability..
    The ability should be limited a bit somehow.
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Aranthys said:

Why? If people don't like the class and think it is OP, nobody forces them to play this character. Even the dual, well, some like powergaming, some don't,,,,

• JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    Invalid said:

SD dual will become popular and OP, unless vs true seeing enemies? Can't be dispelled as well.

Perhaps you can fool true-seeing enemies with the Non-Detection spell.

• FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    edited February 2013
    Invalid said:

Yes, they can dualclass. And yes they are pretty OP ATM, because they have the regular thief backstab progression instead of the neutered version in their kit description. Their lack of thief skill pts is pretty painful though. And true seeing is easily countered with a cloak of non-detection in BG2.
    Aranthys said:

Well, they are kind of less OP in the sense that their available thief skill pts really suck, so they can't even hit 100 HiS/MS until lvl 10 if they're a Human with 18 dex. Also, they get the huge negative check to stealth if they aren't standing in shadows. But other than that... yeah seem really good ATM.

Has anyone else tried Dragon Disciple yet? I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting their disadvantage, but it says they can only learn up to 4 spells per spell level. Well, I'm getting the same vanilla sorceror progression (5 learnable spells per spell level), but instead, I can only cast the spells of each spell level 1x less than a vanilla sorc. In other words, if a vanilla sorc can cast 6x a day, a DD would only cast that same spell level 5x a day. It could be a conflict with my XP cap remover though.

All of the other stuff seems fine, though it would be nice if they get a buff icon for fire resist like the other classes, if they're immune to something.

Dark Moon Monk: their Chill Touch attack only does normal punch damage (1-2) +1-8 cold, rather than monk punch damage (1-6 at level 1). This makes it ratehr week compared to Stunning Blow and Flaming Fists.
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Fardragon said:

Dark Moon Monk: their Chill Touch attack only does normal punch damage (1-2) +1-8 cold, rather than monk punch damage (1-6 at level 1). This makes it ratehr week compared to Stunning Blow and Flaming Fists.

Hmm, it seems to be bug, doesn't it? I also think that the attack should add normal punch damage...

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited February 2013
    Fenghoang said:

Invalid said:

Yes, they can dualclass.

I can't dual my Shadowdancer into a mage! Is it a bug?

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    edited February 2013
    Oh dear...I have blank spots where the new kits should be and random in-game dialogue where the descriptions should be. Wonder what happened there.
    edit - nevermind, deleted my override folder contents and it's fine.
    Fenghoang said:

Has anyone else tried Dragon Disciple yet? I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting their disadvantage, but it says they can only learn up to 4 spells per spell level. Well, I'm getting the same vanilla sorceror progression (5 learnable spells per spell level), but instead, I can only cast the spells of each spell level 1x less than a vanilla sorc. In other words, if a vanilla sorc can cast 6x a day, a DD would only cast that same spell level 5x a day. It could be a conflict with my XP cap remover though.

Mine is only level 1, but yeah, he can cast less frequently, but has the same spells known (two) as a regular Sorcerer would.

Maybe I'll try one in the Black Pits and see what he gets.
    I just dualed shadowdancer into fighter and got 4 pips which I could all select to one weapon, hence giving him mastery from the start.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Pecca said:

I just dualed shadowdancer into fighter and got 4 pips which I could all select to one weapon, hence giving him mastery from the start.

That's a bug with anyone being dualled to fighter. Fortunately, it's not game-breaking, since you don't have to take advantage of it.
    Nifft said:

Fenghoang said:

Mine is only level 1, but yeah, he can cast less frequently, but has the same spells known (two) as a regular Sorcerer would.

Maybe I'll try one in the Black Pits and see what he gets.
    Yeah... but is that intended? The wording from the kit description seems to me like it's supposed to be the other way around - less spells you can learn but same # of casts.
    Madhax said:

Pecca said:

That's a bug with anyone being dualled to fighter. Fortunately, it's not game-breaking, since you don't have to take advantage of it.
    Hah, I never noticed this, because I don't usually dual to fighter. Good to know though.
    bengoshi said:

Fenghoang said:

Invalid said:

Yes, they can dualclass.

I can't dual my Shadowdancer into a mage! Is it a bug?

I think Cha counts as part of the Shadowdancer's Primary attributes. So you need 15 Cha in order to Dualclass. Let me test it some more, and i'll come back to you.