Skip to content

ETA?

Comments

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    Loving the game so far. Just met up with Minsc, next stop is going to save Dynaheir!
  • KampriKampri Member Posts: 42
    I can't access it. I keep getting a error message saying PowerPC applications no longer supported. I'm really frustrated. :(
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Kampri BGEE is not a PowerPC application. It's a native intel program. Try downloading the game again, somethig must have corrupted your download.
    Kampri
  • KampriKampri Member Posts: 42
    mlnevese said:

@Kampri BGEE is not a PowerPC application. It's a native intel program. Try downloading the game again, somethig must have corrupted your download.

Ugh...
    Thanks for the fast reply @mlnevese.
    I'm re-dowloading it now.
    Hopefully that resolves this painful little hiccup.

• LegolpLegolp Member Posts: 14
    Woah ! You can now zoom in BG : soooooooo cool !
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Yieww! Reading the patch notes (finally get some time). Hope everyone's enjoying buttkicking for goodness!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Bhaaldog said:

Now if only I had more time...unfortunately so many things to do.

No matter, they will only prove a slight delay.
    EudaemoniumMoomintroll[Deleted User]
  • janda8287janda8287 Member Posts: 5
    ok i keep starting over. what is everyone's take on the best character to play as?
    @Janda8287 All of them? :)
    janda8287EudaemoniumAvatar1138
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    If this is your first play through, you might want to go for a Fighter or Paladin. They tend to be the easiest to get to grips with IMO. Magic can be hard to wrap your head around at first, which makes spellcasting characters somewhat tricky if you're new to the game.

For example, my first playthrough was a Multi-Classed Fighter/Mage, but I just used her as a Fighter and hardly got magic at all.

My personal favourite classes are Bards, Fighter/Thieves and Cleric/Thieves.
    janda8287[Deleted User]
  • janda8287janda8287 Member Posts: 5
    thanks guys! i chose a paladin inquisitor for this round. i tried the wild mage and that is one crazy character!
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I forgot how hard BG1 was. Straight out of Candlekeep and I get savaged by a Direwolf:L
    bgplaya
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    I found a "Difficulty" slider bar in the gameplay controls section. I haven't touched it, though,

I forgot how hard BG1 was. Straight out of Candlekeep and I get savaged by a Direwolf:L

Yeah, I find it quite a bit harder than what I remember BGII to be like. My thief gets one-hitted by some pretty weak stuff at times. And I only won the fight against the assassin outside the Friendly Arm because the guards were around. His fear spell kept rendering my whole party useless!
    As promised I posted a quick tutorial on how to install mods in the OSX version. It's not as simple as in Windows, but it's far from impossible :)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16334/installing-mods-in-osx-a-quick-tutorial
    janda8287
    Bhaaldog said:

janda8287 said:

thanks guys! i chose a paladin inquisitor for this round. i tried the wild mage and that is one crazy character!

Paladin Cavalier probably would be better. Mages are not too much of a threat in BG1.
    I'm not far enough in to say for sure, but I'd have to disagree so far. My hardest fights are against magic users. Mainly because their fear and stun spells wreak havoc on my whole party.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    bgplaya said:

Bhaaldog said:

janda8287 said:

Paladin Cavalier probably would be better. Mages are not too much of a threat in BG1.
    I'm not far enough in to say for sure, but I'd have to disagree so far. My hardest fights are against magic users. Mainly because their fear and stun spells wreak havoc on my whole party.
    Point a few bows at them and they will usually die before casting anything.
    JairyannaElessar
    Since I started testing the OSX version I thought it was a smoother experience than running the same game version in Windows. The game just seems more responsive and faster. Of course it may be just some trouble in Bootcamp, but generally I have the contrary experience. The windows version is always faster.

Well, for me, not this time :)
    Cerevant
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @mlnevese probably because OpenGL sucks in Windows.

It's certainly a nice change from all those DirectX ports.
    mlneveseCerevant
    @Bhaaldog Just go the the Baldur's Gate shortcut in your documents, click, create a Portraits folder in the target folder and copy the portraits you wish to use.
    [Deleted User]
    Eudaemonium
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Bhaaldog - reported it, thanks!
  • sebudessebudes Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone played the Mac OS X version on a Macbook Air? How much heat does the computer generate when playing?
    I have a windows PC sitting around I could play it on. But it would be nice to rock the Macbook (mid 2012). However, any demanding game makes the poor little thing freak out, generating enough heat to cook a cow and more noise than my vacuum cleaner. I wouldn't be surprised if it could run BG fairly cool, but I would like to hear some impressions from those that have tried.
    Thanks.