Skip to content

[BG:EE] PLEASE READ - LIST OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @RavenX - The installer will be made available for download from Beamdog's website on 28th November, which is the game's official release date.
    RavenX
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    Much appreciated, AndreaColombo. Thank you. :)
  • PiecefuldaysPiecefuldays Member Posts: 37
    There is an error in the first post, it is : Michael Hoenig and not Michael Hoeing ^^ !
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012

Adventure Y will be a post-ship DLC and won't be out before one month after the release of BG:EE at the very least.

I just want to make sure you saw the interview where Trent said post-ship DLC will wait until after BG2:EE is finished. That likely means DLC for BG:EE will come after BG2:EE ships or around the time 2 is shipping, assuming the majority of work was done and the team moved to DLC before ship.
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @bigdogchris

Eh, I really don't think that BGEE DLC will come after BG2EE is released. That's a very long time.
    mch202
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@bigdogchris

Eh, I really don't think that BGEE DLC will come after BG2EE is released. That's a very long time.

Taken from the interview on Shacknews
    Shacknews: Will DLC take precedence over BG2:EE or will you work on them simultaneously?

Oster: BG2:EE will take precedence over DLC. We're under contract on the game, the DLC doesn't have a hard ship date, so it is going to come after.
    Based on that, I think it's possible that DLC for BG:EE is released before BG2:EE ships. I'm just saying it will probably be after the bulk of the BG2 work is done and they are just cleaning up loose ends.

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188

Tanthalas said:

@bigdogchris

Taken from the interview on Shacknews
    Shacknews: Will DLC take precedence over BG2:EE or will you work on them simultaneously?

Oster: BG2:EE will take precedence over DLC. We're under contract on the game, the DLC doesn't have a hard ship date, so it is going to come after.
    Based on that, I think it's possible that DLC for BG:EE is released before BG2:EE ships. I'm just saying it will probably be after the bulk of the BG2 work is done and they are just cleaning up loose ends.

Sounds like they want to get both core games out before worrying about the extra content. If that's so then I guess I don't have to worry about waiting for the DLC to play the game.

• NefariusNefarius Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    BTW: How big is game instalator ?
    Post edited by Nefarius on
    edited November 2012
    @Nefarius

At one point Trent said 1.7GB but on the Beamdog website it says 663.9MB.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited December 2012
    @PhillipDaigle said:

""" Unfortunately subraces won't make it into the shipping version. I hope to patch them in later, and definitely hope to include them in BG2:EE. We have them all planned out and whatnot, but didn't have a chance to include them. """

I know you are bussy man and i am sorry for bothering you, but this waiting is killing us and we must know at least approximate time release. Is any guess " when " ?
    As you might have guessed, with the game having been released this thread has officially been discontinued: You can see what is in with your own eyes, and new things are not "announced" as much as "implemented" through new patches (which the devs are practically releasing at the speed of light).

In order to keep track of the newly implemented fixes and features you may refer to the BG:EE Patch Change Log Archives; you may however keep discussing them in this thread, since the archives are meant as a quick reference tool and are therefore a closed topic.
  • kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76

As you might have guessed, with the game having been released this thread has officially been discontinued: You can see what is in with your own eyes, and new things are not "announced" as much as "implemented" through new patches (which the devs are practically releasing at the speed of light).

In order to keep track of the newly implemented fixes and features you may refer to the BG:EE Patch Change Log Archives; you may however keep discussing them in this thread, since the archives are meant as a quick reference tool and are therefore a closed topic.

When I post this comment I kind of represent 3/4 of the community in saying where are the new voice sets? The game has been out for more than three months now and most of us have made characters that are for even the casual of gamers mid tier level.

Id also like to say that I still have no idea why the zoom feature on my mouse does not work with BG1, but to be honest its probably my end that is the problem and I find it not that "important of a feature"

@kingthrall - The new voice sets have been there since release (they are included for free in the PC version). The original game had three voice sets plus "Default", and BG:EE has six plus "Default".

Zoom works fine for me. Are you sure your mousewheel doesn't have any issue?
  • kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76

@kingthrall - The new voice sets have been there since release (they are included for free in the PC version). The original game had three voice sets plus "Default", and BG:EE has six plus "Default".

Zoom works fine for me. Are you sure your mousewheel doesn't have any issue?

Ok it makes sense to me now, you added 3 to each sex. I would of thought you added 6 to each sex as 3 seems kind of small to me.

My mouse is actually quite fancy tis a cyber Snipa with Macro embedded commands that can be implemented.
  • juggalettejenjuggalettejen Member Posts: 1
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so I figured here was probably the best place to ask.

I've heard a lot of rumors saying that BG:EE will be released on PS3/PS4, followed by BG2:EE.

Any truth to this? I'd love to have it again (boy do I miss dvd-rom!) But I can't go out and buy a laptop or tablet.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @juggalettejen I may not have any connections to the dev team or anything, but I still feel confident saying that there is no chance of BG:EE/BG2:EE ever coming to PS3/PS4 (or any other console).
    GodKaiserHell
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    As long as this does not generate a flame war as often happens when someone thinks the EE is of the old Dark Alliance games...
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    mlnevese said:

As long as this does not generate a flame war as often happens when someone thinks the EE is of the old Dark Alliance games...

Oh, yeah, that hadn't occurred to me. To be honest, if there ever was some sort of remake of the console games à la BG:EE, I'd probably buy them. Those games could be a lot of fun.
    mlnevese
    As I said in many previous threads, remake the Dark Alliance Games or release a third one and I'll buy it.
    TJ_Hooker
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    TJ_Hooker said:

@juggalettejen I may not have any connections to the dev team or anything, but I still feel confident saying that there is no chance of BG:EE/BG2:EE ever coming to PS3/PS4 (or any other console).

I seem to remember reading somewhere (Here? The Reddit AMA?) that Overhaul was approached by Sony about the possibility of a console (PS3/4) version, but after a few discussions they realised that it would require massive and time-consuming interface changes, which was more than Sony was willing to invest in, and so the idea was withdrawn.
    TJ_Hooker
    @AndreaColombo

Well, four months pass...

Still any progress with subraces and Adventure Y ?
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    "Adventure Y" ?
    edited March 2013
    @Iecerint
    Yes, long time forgotten Adventure Y.

Adventure Y will be a post-ship DLC and won't be out before one month after the release of BG:EE at the very least.

• IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Ah, cool.
    Adventure Y is not forgotten at all :)
    Eudaemonium
    *sigh* Looks like we'll have to send Death Star III to the Bothan homeworld after all...
    Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I am glad Adventure Y has not been forgotten! Looking forward to it muchly...
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    ohhh Adventure Y... where is my Adventure Y....
    EdvinEudaemonium
    Maybe they want finish adventures A, B, C, etc., before start work on adventure Y...
    Eudaemonium