Skip to content

Translations are under way !

Comments

• CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279

@CameronTofer Me and my forum friends would like to help Turkish translation. Please, add Turkish language to your list and give us the documentation.

Alparon said:

If a "Turkish team" is formed, I would like to be part of the team.

There are a lot of people who would be astonished if BGEE comes in Turkish...

I think we can help for Turkish translation. We would like to see a Turkish BG :)

We can start a team as soon as we have a leader. Any volunteers? Nominations?
  • XenowarXenowar Member Posts: 21
    Now that there are specified roles I'd offer my services as translator and/or proofreader for the German
    language. I don't know if there are any teams yet, but if there are, let me know if you need my help.
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    Just wondering, is the french translated to "France french" or "Canadian French"?
  • SilthisSilthis Member Posts: 27
    Xasil said:

Just wondering, is the french translated to "France french" or "Canadian French"?

I think it's mostly French from France. But is there real differences between both? You'll be able to understand even if it's not Canadian French right?

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I know someone that does Polish translation but she only does it for income. Are these volunteer only positions?
  • ChristianChristian Member Posts: 2
    Are there any openings to volunteer for the Spanish version of the game?
  • QumiQumi Member Posts: 7
    Hi :) I'm a Polish-English translator, native Pole, and I would love to help with translating BGEE :) I don't have much experience yet, since I graduated a year ago, but I would be honored to help :)
  • OWKJTSOWKJTS Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I can help with the spanish translation if it's necessary some more people.
    It would be a pleasure.
  • TarrusTarrus Member Posts: 10
    I can help with italian translation. If you need help, pls contact me on f.scaglione@teletu.it
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • stecavastecava Member Posts: 24
    @CameronTofer
    I would like to help for the italian translation.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58

@CameronTofer Me and my forum friends would like to help Turkish translation. Please, add Turkish language to your list and give us the documentation.

Alparon said:

I think we can help for Turkish translation. We would like to see a Turkish BG :)

Again I would like to mention that we are willing for creating a Turkish Translation Team. We are already discussing it under the Turkish/Türkçe forum.
    causeisunknown
    edited August 2012
    Alparon said:

Alparon said:

Again I would like to mention that we are willing for creating a Turkish Translation Team. We are already discussing it under the Turkish/Türkçe forum.
    @Alparon, it's been created and I've added you.

• OphlyumOphlyum Member Posts: 255
    edited August 2012
    @CameronTofer I can help for italian translation. Boo will be pleased!
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    @CameronTofer
    I think this is the third time on different posts I have offered to help with the Spanish.
    I really do not feel like being a pain in the neck, so give me a hint if you need any help with the Español.
    Lekian said:

@CameronTofer
    I think this is the third time on different posts I have offered to help with the Spanish.
    I really do not feel like being a pain in the neck, so give me a hint if you need any help with the Español.

Congratulations! You are now team leader! :)
    Lekian
    Ophlyum said:

@CameronTofer I can help for italian translation. Boo will be pleased!

Please contact @AndreaColombo, he's the Italian team leader.
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108

Lekian said:

@CameronTofer

Congratulations! You are now team leader! :)
    Thank you I am honoured! I have just sent you a PM.

For Spanish members:
    Cualquiera que quiera ayudar con las traducciones al español que me mande un mensaje privado para ver como nos organizamos.
  • La_VoixLa_Voix Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 772
    Lekian said:

@CameronTofer
    I also offered my help with the french translation a few posts ago (here : http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/24888/#Comment_24888), and I've got no answer yet.
    I don't want to be a pain in the neck either, so give me a hint if you need help (or if you don't) with le français :)
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited August 2012
    Alright, now where do I report for duty? :) I guess there already is a German team - you point, I ... proofread.
  • ichaos1985ichaos1985 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2012
    @CameronTofer
    I'll sign anything (I'll even give you my soul) if I'm aloud to translate texts for BG:EE/BG2:EE/[Title]:EE into German. I also wrote my willingness to help into the German thread of this subforum.
    Post edited by ichaos1985 on
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    Why Turkish not in the list ?
    causeisunknown
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @CameronTofer any updates on translation progress?
  • FeylingFeyling Member Posts: 2
    I would like you to add Turkish to the list. I will gladly help the translation.
  • ArientaariArientaari Member Posts: 2
    I would gladly help as a Turkish translator and if need be as a Rules Police and/or Proofreader.
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    Hello there, if I am up to the time schedule I am offering my help for an English to Greek translation. I am a graduate of the University of Wales and Greek is my native language so no problems to the task, except time of course. I have worked as a translator in the past, finished BG1+BG2 plus expansions more than 20 times in the last 10 years and I can work for up to 10 hours on a daily basis.
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    @ioannisman Please get in contact with @CameronTofer as there is no Greek Leader yet. As soon as the Greek Team has got a Team Leader, report back to let me add him to our collaboration discussion.
  • killykilly Member Posts: 18
    I can help with french and spanish if need be, I also know a fair amount of italian. PM me if you need me.
  • nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17

Would there be ANY hope for a Greek translation?

Sure, would you like to volunteer?
    I dont know i am currently in my fourth year of university. Sure i would like to contribute to my favorite game but i cant make promises. It depends on what i will be doing and my free time. I have never done something like this before though.

• RavRav Member Posts: 2
    I can help with polish translations.