Skip to content

Anywhere that buys Wyvern Heads in BGEE?

Hi - I've done Coran's quest and received the reward from Kelddath at the Song in the Morning Temple near Beregost for giving him a Wyvern head, but he doesn't seem to give any reward for the remaining Wyvern heads in my inventory, nor does Officer Vai buy them anymore. Will Kelddath buy any more Wyvern heads if I return later and/or will anyone else buy these in BGEE? Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    You can still sell them in Sorcerous Sundries for 500g a piece.
    Oxford_Guy
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    SionIV said:

You can still sell them in Sorcerous Sundries for 500g a piece.

Okay, great, so I just need to stockpile them before I can get into Baldur's Gate
    I also think you can sell them at feldpost if i'm not mistaken.
    SionIV said:

I also think you can sell them at feldpost if i'm not mistaken.

I'll try and will report back
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I noticed one thing with Coran's quest. He'll deliver his "now we need to bring the head of the beast to the temple" after killing the BABY wyverns in the cave with Peter of the North. They don't drop heads... I bet that's confusing for new players.
    killeahOxford_Guy
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I sell everything to Thalantyr. He buys everything that is sellable. Also to answer your first question Kelddath only takes one.

What I want to know is why no one buys bolts of any kind!
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    edited March 2013
    Tresset said:

I sell everything to Thalantyr. He buys everything that is sellable. Also to answer your first question Kelddath only takes one.

What I want to know is why no one buys bolts of any kind!

Because everyone that can use a crossbow uses a bow instead? Edit: (In BG:EE)

(sorry thought that would be obvious)

Post edited by Wanderon on
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm pretty sure you can sell magical bolts to Taerom and/or the Nashkel merchant.
    edited March 2013
    In BG2 the best ranged weapon is a crossbow / throwing dagger.

[Edited] : And a sling share the top place with those two if you got a very high strenght score and fancy slings.
    My Blade in BGEE will use the Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy as doesn't have any proficiency points to spare on ranged weapons after going Scimitars and pilling the rest into dual-wield, so needs all the help he can get to hit anything! Also, with offensive spin, this can do pretty serious damage, as does max damage +2 at 2 APR.

Also as @SionIV hints, the Firetooth crossbow in BG2 is great...

I noticed one thing with Coran's quest. He'll deliver his "now we need to bring the head of the beast to the temple" after killing the BABY wyverns in the cave with Peter of the North. They don't drop heads... I bet that's confusing for new players.

Yes, I noticed that too...

My Blade in BGEE will use the Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy as doesn't have any proficiency points to spare on ranged weapons after going Scimitars and pilling the rest into dual-wield, so needs all the help he can get to hit anything! Also, with offensive spin, this can do pretty serious damage, as does max damage +2 at 2 APR.

Also as @SionIV hints, the Firetooth crossbow in BG2 is great...

It's amazing, and no bow will ever come close to how good that crossbow is. Have used it on a figher with 5 in crossbow once, he obliterated mages and fighters alike.

The dagger + 3 firetooth is just as good with its 2d4 + 3 +1d2 fire damage. That 2d4 is the same you roll on a bastard sword, now add that to a dagger you throw from afar with several APR and fire damage to go through mages stoneskin.

Sling of seeking + 2 is the best sling in the game. You're probably thinking why a sling + 2 would be the best sling in the game, and i'll share something with you that most people miss. It's got +2 damage AND + strenght bonus.

18 strenght -> +2 damage
    20 -> + 8 damage
    25 -> + 14 damage

So if you're throwing bullets at 25 strenght, you're dealing + 16 damage without the bullet. With a bag of plenty + 2 you're doing 1d4 + 19 damage with every bullet.
    Oxford_Guy