Skip to content

Limited edition boxed set: ideas and brainstorming

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Boo plushie (ergh, americanisms sound weird to say. From here on "soft toy" = "plushie" in my posts) is all well and fine, but why not take it to the logical conclusion? I'd like a Minsc soft toy! It makes more sense as well since Boo can't be separated from Minsc.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    @Cadros

I wonder how many people got that joke other than me. +1 Respex.

Hey. Instead of a t-shirt, why not just an iron on patch or something? Why have something which half the fans won't be able to use?

A good iron on patch could be used on any shirt. Then if you ever wanted to remove it, cut it out and stitch it on another.

Minsc + Boo soft toy, for those who enjoy butt-kicking for goodness in their dreams.
    Post edited by Ward on
    KoreMajoritaskiai
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
  • RhannasRhannas Member Posts: 2
    If there's going to be a ring I would totally want it to be Koveras' Ring. I remember it took me forever to find out who this mysterious man was. When I did find out I felt so dumb it was awesome. Well played, Sarevok, well played! xD

Also interesting about the ring is that you can import it with your character into BG2. (This was the case in the originial game anyway) It's in Irenicus' room in a drawer I believe. So it also has a link with BG2. (Makes me wonder why Irenicus didn't throw it away with all the other stuff your character had at the time.)
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Nexlit bobble-head.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Ward
    I got the Xvartian People's Front joke from @Cadros... It's just that the People's Front of Xvartia aren't just splitters. They also compromise with the Flaming Fist. Sellouts!

@Kore
    I'm in the US. I thought "plushie" was British. Hehehe... Never heard it before in my life until this thread. That's why I suggested "stuffed animal," but who knows if Americans have adopted a new term I've not heard yet.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Isnt there a way to actually make a poll on this stuff in here.. voting system of any kind ? @ScottBrooks :P

Yorleen
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited June 2012
    I'm in the US. I thought "plushie" was British. Hehehe... Never heard it before in my life until this thread. That's why I suggested "stuffed animal," but who knows if Americans have adopted a new term I've not heard yet.
    Well, I'm neither American nor British, but I've first heard (pardon, read) the word "plushie" on American websites, and specifically websites advertising plushies that resemble some of the characters featured in their webcomics (namely, Looking for Group and Cyanide & Happiness). I'd never bothered looking it up as it sounds very similar to the French word "peluche", which is what I use on a daily basis.

• HominicusHominicus Member Posts: 7
    @AndreaColombo "Mr. Hankey the Christmas Boo?"

I would love a "Pull string to talk" Minsc doll
    AndreaColombokiai
    ^ Awesome. Both things.
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    I'd like to see a poster of sorts in the LE boxes. Oh, and a plush of everyone's favorite miniature giant space hamster.

(suddenly I want to get a pet hamster now)
    AndreaColomboMajoritas
    I'm going to get OVER 9000!!!!!!!! disagrees but here it goes.

Baldur's Gate Official Merchandise TM undergarments! Made of historically accurate linen fibres of the Middle Ages. What better way to show your special gal your video gaming prowess (among other things), than to purchase a Bhaal Bra! Yes, a Bhaal Bra! Specially designed to get the juices flowing and to possibly get you to level up!

Hamster not included.
    AndreaColomboMajoritaskiai
    ^ Had the hamster been included, Beamdog could have had a stellar IPO after announcing this proposal.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    I guess "pull string to talk" Minsc doll would be awesome as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G19jSMFtURI#t=84s it just needs better sound quality than this :)
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I love boo, but I don't think I want a plush toy hamster...
    Can't believe you guys think a rodent (who isn't a miniature giant space hamster -a fraud) is preferable to Nexlit.

Perhaps there was a time, long ago, when Boo was the icon of BG. With BGEE we must accept the inevitability of fate and the rise of Nexlit as the one true icon. (And I'm not just saying this because I'm the head of the Nexlit the Xvart fan club :) or because I'm the secret leader of the 'Kill Boo Militant Group')
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @HeroicSpur I thought the one rule for Baldur's Gate forums was not to in any way diminish Boo. The original portraits were based on those working on the game, who do you think Boo was modelled on? Tread carefully.
    Anton
    edited June 2012
    We could have a "Boo" Boxed Set Edition, and a "Nexlit" Boxed Set Edition: each coming with the relevant soft toy. Then, meetings could be organized to enable owners of the opposing toys to make them fight and see who wins. Let us settle this Nexlit vs Boo dilemma the way gentlmen would.
    powerfulallyMajoritaskiaiYorleen
    @AndreaColombo: As ever an impeccable solution.

AndreaColombo
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    I am both glad and a little bit sad that I wasn't the first to think that Larry, Darryl and Darryl's signatures on a piece of paper would be the ultimate thing. Must be the best item in all of the BG series......or in gaming overall.
  • EcthelionEcthelion Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2012
    I'm for a pair of golden pantaloons in the boxed edition. Then you will have the silver ones in BG2EE and at last the copper for BG3...
    And if you bring them back to Trent Oster, he will give you a 1:1 big metal unit with his signature on it.
    (Or i will be just happy to have the plans to build it from the items)
    Post edited by Ecthelion on
    Flashburn
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Oh man. I'm picturing a pair of "one-size-fits-all" gold tights packaged in every copy of the Collector's Edition, with no explanation as to why.
    kiaiFlashburn
  • ZaccaroZaccaro Member Posts: 39
    I would suggest The shirt like in Baldur's Gate 2 packages. Cloth map idea I really love. Posters would be great too. The Medallion and necklace thing too! :D ALL THE THINGS!
    GrungeChlapecWard
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    I hope very much that this Limited Edition Boxed Set will be announced soon :D
    AndreaColombo
    BG1-themed comic books are something I had long sought back when BG1 was first released. It would be a nice touch, but the time and monetary costs involved would likely make it a subpar choice, be it a stand alone release or a bonus for the limited edition boxed set (a stand alone release would actually have a chance to make a profit, but that would depend on several factors).
    Zaccaro
    Urgh, Baldur's Gate comics? I guess that's an idea but I have no interest.

Golden Pantaloons are a good idea. No doubt Trent and the gang have a few pairs of those lying around. ;)
  • MalcoreMalcore Member Posts: 2
    I'm late to the discussion but what about a LE vendor. If I remember right one of those came on a separate disc with BGII. The other thing that would be neat (and borrowing on todays MMO game environment) would be to have a "pet" like a familiar as well. It's not like we couldn't have familiar pets on just about anyone in the original version with the bug using the summon familiar scroll.

I guess my suggestion would be a bonus CD with a few extra perks for the collectors edition.