Skip to content

Limited edition boxed set: ideas and brainstorming

Comments

• TonaraskyTonarasky Member Posts: 7
    Boo hand puppet! Then I can yell out Minsc quotes all day long (not that I don't do that already...)
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150

A door mat with the words "You must gather your party before venturing forth" on it
    Haha, I love the idea! :) Even just a sticker would be nice, if easier to make.

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    They could make a t-shirt with the writing "I have gathered my party before venturing forth and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
  • XenowarXenowar Member Posts: 21
    Some sort of Steelseries Mousepad with the BG logo on it would be neat. But I would be content with the
    game and the soundtrack already. The map on cloth would be pretty cool though.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2012
    I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but doesn't the printing/fabricating of all of this extraneous stuff make it LESS likely that we'll get a boxed edition? What about the people that just want a physical copy of the game for when Beamdog goes out of business 15 years down the road (just a hypothetical)? Hope there's not a thread for this already, but I was redirected here from a similar discussion.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Random die-cast figurines! Mock gem bag! Miniature reproductions of famous game weapons! BG Coffee Mug (this could come in handy)! Stickers!
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    edited July 2012
    @Smaug Well a thread entitled "Show some love for a boxed edition" was closed for being too similar to this one, so I think that this is where all support for any boxed edition should go. As for all the extra stuff being requested, I doubt that it will actually discourage the creation of a boxed edition. As far as I can tell the team has very little interest in creating a non-special/collector's edition physical copy of this game, which is why this thread is focusing on the limited edition idea. Either way, putting your support here for any physical copy of the game can only increase the chances of it being made. The team won't end up including everything that's requested obviously, so these posts just serve to show that a lot of people want a boxed copy of the game.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    jaysl659 said:

Either way, putting your support here for any physical copy of the game can only increase the chances of it being made.

A physical copy definitely has my support in any form. However, if the devs are sold on only a special edition physical copy, I just worry that they might decide not to do it at all b/c they don't want to disappoint fans who have such high expectations for what is going to be in the box. Having said that, I will throw my weight in with the die-cast figurine crowd.
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    A boxed copy would be amazing, 5 blank cd's with new/redrawn concept art on them would be funky and a nudge to the old day
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Just the fact that you guys are working on my favorite game of all time, I don't really need anything. I still would laugh though if there was a montaron statuette with an angry and frustrated face. I might take that for a good laugh.
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Im all for a boxed version, and I will order a collectors edition if it is available.

But please.. if you make one, let it have the game on a usb.

Beside the usb, the one thing I most want, is ingame content.
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    For a special (physical) copy of the game. The game needs to be on disc. A bonus soundtrack CD + cloth map should be included. That is more than enough considering all the licensing issues you get into with the more things you want to include (figurines, USB copies etc.)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    A coin with Bhaal's logo.
  • More86More86 Member Posts: 13
    + coin
    + dice set
    + soundtrack CD
    + artbook

A Sarevok plushie.
    A full size Sarevok armor I could actually wear while walking the streets to look more badass than the average, armorless Joe ;D
  • QfwfqQfwfq Member Posts: 12
    Transferable tattoos...
  • armodellarmodell Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to see d&d character sheets
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    ^I'd love that!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @Elandir hahahahaha well said :)
    The Boo plushie thing is starting to gather a significant number of supporters - it started out as a joke and is ending up as something the devs will have to seriously consider =D
  • IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    The cloth map seems the best addition for me, but without the Boo plushie I'm not going to buy that even with this full-scale Sarevok's armor anyway ;)
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Yes! I want my Boo plushie! I'd even like on that squeaks :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    hmm.. Thought id ask this here, but is it pretty much confirmed there WONT be a boxed edition? just wanted to clarify
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @Excalibur
    The latest from Trent Oster:
    "Boxed product negotiations are stalled. We're trying to get it moving, but no recent movement.”
    For a while he’s talked about trying, so whilst its definitely not confirmed there won’t be a boxed edition its looking like its becoming difficult, from previous tweets it seems as though we probably won’t be getting a boxed edition at the time of the game’s release. But I wouldn’t say the idea of a boxed edition is completely closed just yet.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    whats a peluche? My translator dont spit out that word.