Skip to content

Limited edition boxed set: ideas and brainstorming

Comments

• thabananathabanana Member Posts: 2
    MAP!!!!
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    All of the above :D But I do really like the bound manual idea. The one that came with Shadows of Amn is the most prized possession I own! I love Volo and Elminster's banter about the spells and monsters!
  • BjornsidesBjornsides Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2012
    I already own a physical copy of the original, but I was wondering if the game would be download only, or if it would be available as a physical copy with a CD, and manual, and all of the things that make me moist.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Q: I want a boxed copy!

A: We'd like to do a boxed collectors edition and have asked for permission to do so. Currently we are in negotiations.

Check the FAQ Pre Order. Reason its here :O)
    Cheers! I was about to start a game of LoL, so posted this instead of searching.
    We only play BG here so not funny :P
    Search and youll find :O)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited July 2012
    There are already some topics about physical copies of the game.

I'd love a physical copy to admire too.
    He he he. I've been cheating on BG with Icewind Dale... o_0

You seem to be quite an informed fellow. Will we know about the possibility of a physical edition reasonably soon, as I would like to pre order, but don't want to buy both a physical, and online edition.

I really really want some sort of physical edition though because BG is a game that I played since I was about 13 years old. I loved every second of it. If they do do a box, then I hope that they put in a good manual. EA, and some other game companies seems to have stopped giving manuals in games, and it makes me sad.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I wouldn't stand on your head, any hard copy which follows won't come for a long time.

You're better off buying the game now because the wait will be very long. It's up to you, I'd wait but I want to test it really early.
  • CharlytanCharlytan Member Posts: 27
    @Bjornsides I couldn’t agree with you more! I would definitely get a hard copy, should they ever release one, but I hope it comes with a BG2 type of manual.

That book was like my personal bible. I’m not kidding either! I would always keep it somewhere near me. Be it in my desk, in my bags, or near my bedside. When I would run into something that posed questions, I would immediately think “It’s time to dive into the Ye Olde scriptures again!” o.o’
    Charlytan said:

@Bjornsides I couldn’t agree with you more! I would definitely get a hard copy, should they ever release one, but I hope it comes with a BG2 type of manual.

That book was like my personal bible. I’m not kidding either! I would always keep it somewhere near me. Be it in my desk, in my bags, or near my bedside. When I would run into something that posed questions, I would immediately think “It’s time to dive into the Ye Olde scriptures again!” o.o’

I love a good game manual, and the PDF for BG's manual looked epic. I remember how excited I got when I bought my first ever game, and I had the manual out on the car ride home, and would just stare at it. I have the embarrassing habit of taking game manuals with me to the toilet...

Got it :P
    lordkim said:

Got it :P

I kinda hate you a little bit right now :P Really jealous.

Anyone notice how bad the TotSC and ToB pdfs are? They look as if they were scanned from the book.
    :P Dont actually think its illegal to give a copy of a manuel out, is it ?
    @lordkim

Not technically. But it probably isn't legal for me to use licensed artwork as my avatar here. :P
  • davidhxcxdavidhxcx Member Posts: 10
    i voted for Cloth Map, but Soundtrack, dice set, artbook would be great too.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2012
    custom dice set with bhaal's symbol.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Have to go with the ring, I wanna show my BAAL bling!
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Voted for cloth map, but a manual like BG2 is #1, no question. I've never seen a manual with that much love put in it. Reading about spells helped long road trips go by.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    I personally would like an in game npc/quest/item/kit to come with the box set.
  • ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    I mean c'mon, who wouldn't want a little, soft, fluffy, cute "Boo Plushie?"
  • BLack_XIIIBLack_XIII Member Posts: 32
    Well, a marmorized action figure of Sarevok of course *_*
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    I still want my Cameron Tofer quote t-shirt.
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    That awkward moment when you google "Custom made doormat logos"
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    Either a map, either a figurine of a Demogorgon, or a Demon Knight, Either Sarevok that looks like the one you have to fight at the bg1 end. But a Demogorgon figurine....wow that would be awesome.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    A life-sized BG1 horned helmet
  • zhangmeng_ckzhangmeng_ck Member Posts: 6
    I choose figurine but actually anything is fine for me. I'm not quit interested at buy a digital game that I played many times before, But I'll definite buy a box edition for my collection even if the price is doubled.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited August 2012
    Merged several similar threads.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Quick question, if they failed to get the negotiations done, but it sells really well and BG1 + 2 are safely out and riding high in the charts if they managed to get the rights then and made a Baldur's Gate Saga Special boxed edition, would you get it?