Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

Comments

• CountBorgulaCountBorgula Member Posts: 5

Kindle Fire HD Please! It would be hard for me to put my kindle down if this game was out for it.

The thread specifically says not to comment unless to add new devices ;P

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61

Kindle Fire HD Please! It would be hard for me to put my kindle down if this game was out for it.

The thread specifically says not to comment unless to add new devices ;P

Which accounts for >95% of the posts in this thread so far. No point in policing now...
  • CountBorgulaCountBorgula Member Posts: 5
    Lol, just shows how excited everyone is. I must check this forums 4 or 5 times a day! :D
    Schnitzel
  • HenchwomanHenchwoman Member Posts: 3
    jbeige said:

Toshiba Thrive 10"!!! Please! Or any Tegra2 device, and hopefully I can get it to work..

Yes please! I've been waiting for this to come out for awhile now and will be crushed if I can't play it on my tablet.

• TritiumTritium Member Posts: 2
    tf201 with dock and keyboard. Although I'm told it's pretty similar to the tf300.

Tritium
  • GryfffGryfff Member Posts: 1
    Asus Transformer 600. I voted for the 300 model now, thinking it will run on 600 too.
  • sfamsfam Member Posts: 2
    ASUS Transformer TF700. The screen resolution should give lots of space for gameplay. I'm still patiently waiting...
  • voltairevoltaire Member Posts: 1
    Please make it for the samsung galaxy note 10.1 and make it work with the pen. when will you release it? I have been waiting a while to play this and I hate apple products so yeah bring it to andriod already. it will be the only game id pay for. I own all the baulders gate games for the pc. I want it on my tablet please hurry..........
    jonasnicholls
  • jonasnichollsjonasnicholls Member Posts: 7
    Release! Please! Samsung galaxy note 10.1 ;)=)
  • babalonisbabalonis Member Posts: 3
    Asus Transformer tf101
    Sylviuscelticbear
  • larsdidriksenlarsdidriksen Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    look people with cheap c... devices just have to look it in the eye. GAMES WONT RUN WELL on old s.... Deal with it or get a better device. You wouldn't expect crysis to run on a pentium 4 with 2 gigs of ram and a geforce MX would you? Simple solution is higher end devices higher end games.
  • AmiciAmici Member Posts: 9
    Galaxy Note 2 with stylus support would be PERFECT for this game.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    "I don't care, I just want to see the poll results" ;) (though maybe I'm just dumb ...)
  • SonnobluSonnoblu Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy Note 10.1 with stylus support would be great!
  • TheFairlanerTheFairlaner Member Posts: 1
    I'm surprised to see the Note 2 being considered. Not overly popular in the poll but if the Note 10.1 is tested, the Note 2 should be fine as they're pretty similar spec wise. Really looking forward to this!
  • TIME_12TIME_12 Member Posts: 1
    Any drive with nVidia Tegra 3.
  • kikutokikuto Member Posts: 1
    Motorola xoom
  • tyrannicaltyrannical Member Posts: 19
    jbeige said:

Toshiba Thrive 10"!!! Please! Or any Tegra2 device, and hopefully I can get it to work..

please!
  • TheGeneralTheGeneral Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2, now hurry up and take my money!
  • Archie_DragonArchie_Dragon Member Posts: 29
    you should concentrate on finishing work on bg1, eg. localization
  • goldenturkeygoldenturkey Member Posts: 1
    Asus Transformer TF101 please - Tegra 2 support - DO IT!
  • EtherionEtherion Member Posts: 2
    Transformer Prime TF201, but I voted for TF700, because TF201 is something between TF300 and TF700
  • DorfusDorfus Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy Tab 2 7'!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I was thinking of getting the new HTC One (which I saw mentioned a couple times in the last couple pages). Apparently (?), it is better than the Sony Xperia S when it comes to hardware, which currently has 46 votes, so...

I am curious if this device would be good enough to play BG:EE (PC hardware is one thing, but I have a limited knowledge when it comes to phones or tablets). It's going to cost around ~£520, which is the reason I'm asking instead of just rushing out and buying it. The cost compared to what it will be used for won't really be offset if I can't at the very least play BG:EE. There are cheaper phones that will easily do what I need, sans BG.

(Note that I am not interested in a tablet)

The main question is this: do people think it would run BG:EE well enough?
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    @Troodon80 I think the only phone that has a chance of being playable is the Note 2. And Beamdog hasn't said if they will even support that (or any other device)...
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @etotheo, I guessed it might be a long shot. I suppose we'll have to wait and see :).
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    The killer is button size. When you need a toothpick to press the buttons it just is not a good gaming experience.

-Trent
    IecerintTroodon80
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ceramic_golemceramic_golem Member Posts: 10
    I'd like to see support for the Nexus 10. Until the situation is better on the OS version fragmentation front, it's a good tablet to target because it's practically the baseline for future ones, specs-wise. Up-to-date stock Android, ARM A15 CPU, retina display, etc.

In the near future, these things will be expected by consumers from most major manufacturers (aside from AOSP stock OS). May as well make the game more adaptable toward future tablets if you guys don't plan to play an endless game of catch-up.
    Chet