Skip to content

Belladonna Flowers

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    CaptRory said:

I hold onto them for sentimental reasons.

I do too. I keep it until the end of the game.
    CaptRory
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Samus Well, If you read Dradeel's logbook carefully you will notice that he says it can be used to deter the werewolf curse if you get infected. If you eat one by putting it in the quick item slot it will poison you but supposedly give you more time before your party transforms. Not sure if this works or not but that is what it is supposed to do.
    [Deleted User]Anduinlunar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited April 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    im actually interested are these flowers helping for something? got the book but it kind of doesn't work for me (or can't see the difference)
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Well, um.. how should I put this; Lady's elements are pure lunacy; deadly, too.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    CaptRory said:

LOL. I'm a BG packrat too.

I hold onto everything that could be useful. I keep a stash in a Baldurs Gate or Amn (in bg2) so that I can get it if ever I need it.

CaptRoryfrancoGozeta
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    CaptRory said:

In just about every RPG I play I end up, near the end, trying to choose between my large amount of useless quest mementos (including keys) and freeing up space for new things. Luckaly most modern games have homes and strongholds that I can store all my mementos.

...I just realized I'm the kind of person that Hearthfire in Skyrim was made for.
    CaptRorySCARY_WIZARD
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I have never used the flowers, didn't know they could be used.
    Awong124
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Tresset said:

You know, a belladonna is a real plant. It is a creeping poisonous weed with a pungent smell.

Here is an image of the belladonna known as "deadly nightshade" which is common where I live.

On the other hand, it's commonly accepted though that belladonna is werewolf repellant. So you could say there are pros and cons of deadly nightshade.

CaptRory said:

Tomatos are a member of the Nightshade Family. For a long, long, loooong time people thought they were poisonous because of it. Someone must've been reallllly hungry to eat the first tomato.

@CaptRory Even I didn't know that!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @Tresset Did that need a Spoiler Alert? ^_~
    Tressetfranco
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    CaptRory said:

Tomatos are a member of the Nightshade Family. For a long, long, loooong time people thought they were poisonous because of it. Someone must've been reallllly hungry to eat the first tomato.

So are potato's and eggplants. One of the reasons your not supposed to eat potatoes that have gone slightly green on the skin.
    CaptRoryAnduin
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Tresset said:

@Samus Well, If you read Dradeel's logbook carefully you will notice that he says it can be used to deter the werewolf curse if you get infected. If you eat one by putting it in the quick item slot it will poison you but supposedly give you more time before your party transforms. Not sure if this works or not but that is what it is supposed to do.

@Tresset Do you for how long the curse is postponed?
    @Loremaster I have no idea. Not even sure it works at all. It can't put it off for very long though.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Tresset said:

@mashedtaters The absolute best place for your stash in BG2 is actually Watcher's Keep. Think about it...

Watcher's Keep is the only place that exists in both SoA and ToB. If you stash stuff there during SoA then you get to keep your stash once you move to ToB!
    Wow...I feel like such a moron for not realizing this before...but now I love you.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    I always kept mine, too, and edited them into linked BG II games, along with the Autograph and Gorion's notes. And The MDK2 Spell.
    Post edited by SCARY_WIZARD on
    CaptRorylunar
    @SCARY_WIZARD What is that MDK2 thing supposed to do? All it does for me is crash the game.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    They are supposed to help you in case you are infected with lycanthropy but I don't think that was implemented. Still, they do have a purpose--someone asks you for some.....
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Starlily said:

So are potato's and eggplants. One of the reasons your not supposed to eat potatoes that have gone slightly green on the skin.

Eggplants are poisonous if you don't cook them. And potatos nearly ended the Spanish monarchy because they ate the wrong part of the plant :P