Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• irendieirendie Member Posts: 421
    How large is that file?
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    @Archaic i simply love you :D
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Going as fast as I can...both files together are over 500mb. About 10 mins...
    Archaic GUI BETA 6 is live at http://www.ArchaicGUI.com
    Download Started :D
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Finally, after so many months. I remember when you were estimating release date for end of February. Let me thank you for all your hard work you have put into making it. Now only NPC Project release and BG:EE will be truly "Enhanced Edition" :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Well done! Take a well earned break now (for no more than one day)!
    finished!!!and now TRY!!!!!
    47 downloads in less then 10 mins of BETA 6 release! ☻
    WTF beautifull works is that????It's a WORK of ART!!! you are the best!!!
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Just loaded it up, it looks great great using the scaled settings. I still await a more BG1 inspired GUI, but I dont know if any ones working on one *cough cough*. This one is still pretty damn amazing regardless, so give yourself a pat on the back.
    I'm aware of the scrollbar issue I'll get a fix up for that later.
  • KrudarKrudar Member Posts: 95
    @Archaic how do I get a better resolution than the default so great? I put the Non-Scaled to 1920x1080 but it remains as before
  • irendieirendie Member Posts: 421
    I will need a hammer and person who destrou my monitor with that hammer or I will be looking at this wonderful GUI to end of my life. Thank you @Archaic
  • KrudarKrudar Member Posts: 95
    Here is the scrollbar fix. Replace this file in your override folder after install.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3l03xib26zpg1rk/guiscrc.bam
    edited May 2013
    @Krudar - First go to: http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com to find your resolution.

Then check your Baldur.ini file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition) to add this:

'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '0',
    -OR-
    'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '1',

0 means scaling turned off. 1 means scaling turned on. If you don't see this line at all then you have the default settings which means scaled turn on.
  • ivavlakulivavlakul Member Posts: 31
    Great work! \\ The coolest BG GUI ever.

P.S.
    (a perfectionists would see a minor horizontal shift when going to the 'options' from the main menu in the 'scaled' version).
    edited May 2013
    @ivavlakul - I'm aware of this bug. Its a BGEE bug and not related to the Archaic GUI. Thanks.
    Archaic said:

I found & reported another bug in the options screen which affects scaled settings: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18462/options-screen-background-bug

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Congratulations. Awesome work. :)
  • ivavlakulivavlakul Member Posts: 31
    Archaic said:

@ivavlakul - I'm aware of this bug. Its a BGEE bug and not related to the Archaic GUI. Thanks.

Sorry =(

So, another-possibly-known-minor-glitch-probably-not-related-to-gui, missing font letter (?) in the large font (see attached file).
    temp.png 105.5K
    edited May 2013
    Few bugs i have caught:
    1) Portraits at right side are unclickable for me.
    2) You get this bug when you expand chat and roll it down later.
    3) Polish fonts are messed. They are partially messed without your mod, but still they look better in default version (did you change font for character screen?):
    Default:
    UI:

Check "biegłości", "długi miecz" and attributes.
    4) Font change size when expanding chat.

Post edited by Etamin on
    @ivavlakul - No problem. Yes, I am aware of this bug as well. The larger font mod doesn't support a few characters like the dash mark (-). There is not anything I can do at this moment until a solution for creating fonts comes around. Thanks again. ☻
    edited May 2013
    @Etamin - I cannot reproduce your issue with the portraits. I'm not having the same issue. Did you select scaled settings in the installer?

I did change the font on the record screen. As I stated before I cannot offer support for languages other than English. I will consider changing it back...
    I will make note of all the issues/bugs that you guys report over the next few days. I will get them fixed and release a new download.
    Yes, i have chosen 1600/900 non-scaled. But i just noticed 1 and 2 bugs doesn't exist with scaled version, so it seems it's fixed.
    Please, reconsider changing font back or offer few different ones for non-english users.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Thank you so much for this! I didn't use your previous version, and I feel like I've been missing out on something wonderful!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited May 2013
    Great job! Looks amazing.

Little quirks:
    * When in the Baldur's Gate menu and you select options the entire screen moves a tad to the left.
    * It's very easy to miss the tutorial and credits button. I almost thought the credits button wasn't working as it loaded the Black Pits every time. I was just not hitting the exact center of the button. Perhaps reduce the radius for opening BG and BP?

EDIT: It seems the opening area for both Baldur's Gate and Black Pits surrounds the Tutorial and Credit buttons. So if you are not perfect with your selection you could potentially miss it.
    Post edited by Balquo on
    Very minor thing - scroll in voices tab.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    The level up screen is apparently held sway by the Nine Hells.
This discussion has been closed.