Skip to content

Black Pits FAQ / Guide

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KidCarnivalEudaemonium
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited May 2013
    H͟i̛s̶ m̨iŗror̕ş wil̀l̨ ̵b͠e͞ o̢n ͜t͠h̷ę ̶flo̶o̡r b́e͞c̛aus̶e̵ ͝h͠e̴ ͡ha͘s ̕n͠o ͝a̧rm̧s͞ ̛t̨o ̸pu̷t ́them͢ on͞ wal͞ĺs.҉ A̡nd̡ I͞'m ̀a ̧f̵a͢m̛il͢i̕a̕r͜,̕ n̷òt a̶ ̧serv̵ant,̛ so I ͏wi҉ll̷ ̴c͜er͏ta̴in̷l͠y ̷n͠ot ̧he͡lp w͟i̶th̡ ͞t̨h́at!͏

Checking shops in Black Pits, someone must have... gaffa tape or something...

T3 Final Battle Hogarl
    Beholder Hint: Fire is as powerful as ice.
    Reward: 305423 XP, 7000 gold
    Strategy: So this was absolutely stupid. So stupid it was amazing. First, I had planned to confuse the fire elementals and poison Hogarl - both worked fine. I had Southpaw and Anduin summon skellies; they are immune to the fire and though they barely do any notable damage, they are useful to build a buffer zone between casters and elementals. Hogarl can easily kill them with 2 - 3 hits, but as long as he's distracted, it keeps the elementals busy. I had enough gold to buy 3 x Health Elixir (given to FinneousPJ - frontliner without own healing ability; Anduin, Eudaemonium - improved invisible, couldn't be healed by Southpaw) and 1 x Health Potion (given to Samus, also invisible), and Eye of Helm with 90 fire resistance. This worked well; FinneousPJ and Eye of Helm killed Hogarl; Southpaw threw in some healing after the skellies; the mages glitterdusted, Samus confused. Then, there were just elementals left, and FinneousPJ died in the explosion from a freshly slain one - which interrupted Southpaw's healing on himself, and he also died. This was... bad. So Samus became visible; I had been smart enough to replace her Burning Hands x 3 with Chromatic Orb; and helped out. And died in a dying elemental explosion, too. There was 1 elemental left, engaged in a battle with Eye of Helm. Problem? Eye of Helm's weapon was ineffective, so were Eudaemonium's and Anduin's; and the elemental was unable to hit Eye of Helm. They were caught in an eternal struggle neither side could win. So... no effective weapons... Anduin finally said "screw it" and cast Ice Storm on them, Eudaemonium was out of useful spells except a lonely Magic Missile. In the end, the battle was won because the fire elemental was too stupid to leave the Ice Storm area. In other words, I would recommend to not depend on ONE character having a useful weapon against the elementals, especially if it's not the melee with the high fire resistance. Oh, and my Deafness is gone; it just disappeared after the fight.

Quest for Buttoned Cardigan Events
    Eye of Helm: no changes, Cavalier 8
    FinneousPJ: Ninjato ++++ Berzerker 9
    Southpaw: memorizes Righteous Magic, Priest of Lathander 9 --> Amulet of Life Protection
    Samus: memorizes another Invisibility 10", Jester 11
    Anduin: memorizes another Animate Dead, Necromancer 10 --> Ring of Princes +1
    Eudaemonium: memorizes another Breach, Assassin 4/Mage 10 --> Wand of Paralyzation
    [Deleted User]Eudaemoniumlolien
    EudaemoniumKidCarnivalAnduin
    You got all 3 Orbs fired. One could say you went out with a big bang.
    [Deleted User]AnduinEudaemoniumlunar
    AnduinEudaemoniumKidCarnivallunar
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited May 2013
    TIL, @Samus is our #HoneyTrap
    [Deleted User]
    Southpaw said:

- which interrupted Southpaw's healing on himself, and he also died.

@FinneousPJ, carries the body of Southpaw on his shoulder towards the cleaning staff
    *I am not dead!*
    "What?" The cleaning druegar slave raises his eyebrows. "This one is not dead."
    "Yes, he is." confirms the huge rakshasa.
    *I am not dead!*
    Druegar raises his eyebrows even more.
    "He is dying".
    *I'm getting better!*
    "No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment." grumbles the berserker
    I don't want to go on the cart.*
    "Oh, don't be such a baby!"
    "I can't take him if he's not dead. Baeloth would not allow it"
    *I feel fine!*
    "Come on, I'll give you this cauliflower." offers the rakshasa
    "Make it two and we have a deal"
    *I think I'll go for a walk.*

The druegar bashes the mindflayer on the head with a +2 Hammer
    ...wait a second... Southpaw was killed one elemental explosion after FinneousPJ... does that mean... we now have an undead rakshasa berzerker?

AnduinEudaemonium[Deleted User]lolien
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

"You and Eudaemonium earned the 500 Agrees badge."

That means familiars do level up with charname now, right?

I think you mean that charnames level up with their familiars.
    KidCarnivalAnduin[Deleted User]lolien
    Simians.
    KidCarnival[Deleted User]oldsch00llolien
    What's a simian?

*tríȩs͜ ͞to͝ c͠a̧st D͏e͟áf̡ne͘ss o͢ǹ ̀sel̵f͠*̡
    Eudaemonium[Deleted User]oldsch00llolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Everyone relaxing at the bar, eating and drinking...*

@Southpaw ... Are you eating... Are you eating... ARE YOU EATING CAULIFLOWER!

*Buttons pop out in apoplectic rage*

Aaaah! Blinded! Help! Help!
    KidCarnivalEudaemonium[Deleted User]lolien
    (Are we immune to each other's attacks?)

(still under influence of True Sight, and Eyes of Truth stuck on center eyestalk) You are right! But... WE CAN NEVER TELL HELM ABOUT THIS!

The image code first didn't work for some reason, I had the alt text while I was uploading the pic to photobucket.
    [Deleted User]

@Southpaw: I see right through you! You were born evil! Don't try to decieve me! *casts True Sight 6 times at once*

Cong̡rat̷u͢l̵at́i͞ơns̕,̧ ̵y̢o̧u̧r ͢h͘i͢g͘h͟n͡ess, ̵ỳo͢u ju̶s͠t ͝wast́ed̶ ͘5̢ ́spe̷lls̶.̴ *s͢i̢ghs*

*sees the truth 6 times, with somewhat blurred vision*

My... familiar... is evil, too?!

ARGH why is the image code not working?!

*Fumbles around for buttons... finds one... finds two... Gazes around... Blinks at picture showing a baby @Southpaw and a dismembered Mummy that uncannily looks like himself...*

DISLIKE ! ! !

@KidCarnival Thank you for the offer of eyes... I prefer buttons...

@Southpaw Was it green? Was it overly boiled and bleached Broccoli? You need to ensure broccoli dies PROPERLY... Please forewarn me next time... I will gladly help destroy it... I find Hold Monster, to keep them routed to the spot followed by three fireballs and a Horrid wilting finishes them off quite well...

[Deleted User]lolien
    My eyes are safe!

F̨o͝r n̨ow͘.҉

...but my familiar is evil! What do I do? I can't get the backpack off! Famili... no, wait, can't ask familiar for help to kill familiar...

Hey, @Southpaw, I know where to find a juicy 18 INT brain! SOUTHPAW!

Southpaw is engaged in a staredown with what appears to be a broccoli, while a blind mummy yells at him.

SOUTHPAW?!
    AnduinEudaemonium
    @kidcarnival How about ramming this Helmut of opposite alignment on his head? I have tried to use it as a bowl for broccoli... But its overwhelming evilness renders its effects useless...
    *admires @Anduin's intelligence* Yes, let's try that! Thank Helm it's a familiar and not a mage, otherwise this wouldn't work!
    AnduinEudaemoniumlolien
    EudaemoniumKidCarnivalAnduin
    edited May 2013
    KidCarnivalEudaemoniumAnduin
    Ah, I see they have finally seen my true worth (it took them long enough after all) and seen fit to bestow upon me this helmeted gift. A pity it took them this long, but then what else could one expect of such beings of subpar intellec-

I say, I seem to to have come over all queasy. I feel a fog has been lifted from my eyes. Perhaps I should take off... No, I should leave the helmet on. I feel much might be at stake should I endeavour to remove it...
    [Deleted User]KidCarnivalAnduinlolien