Skip to content

Silent Let's play BG2 (insane+tactics/scsii mods) [Complete]

zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
I will do a silent let's play of baldur's gate 2 tactics/scsii mods for powergaming purpose and testing

Would you more enjoy a raw footage of me getting killed 10 times by some bosses or eddited footage with only one good run when i get everything right and win a battle?

Also other things i should or should not do?
also would you mind cutting boring part like shopping/runing back running in town from place X to Y?
the ironman or something option is not possible i will die.
playlist
Post edited by zur312 on
Dexterlunar[Deleted User]Wilbur

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    edited May 2013
    I'd say I prefer an eddited footage, maybe you could add some funny failed battles, but mostly the good run. It'd also be nice if you could explain your tactics as you go, or more precisely your counter-tactics. For instance "that guy over there has X potection spells in place so I need X anti-combat spells before I can even dream about hitting him, and let's hope he doesn't summon a planetar because I'm level 10". Let the people know the "I'm running out of Secret Word" feeling.
    What party will you use?
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    this from my powergaming thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17960/powergaming-party-bg2-tobnpc-and-multiplayer/p5

wizard slayer13/Thief
    Kensai13/Mage - i think everyone know why kensai/mage
    wizard slayer13/Mage
    berserker13/cleric - healer with berserk
    inquisitor
    maybe + shapeshifter for fun

and this will be silent let's play because my english is not good enought for recording
    [Deleted User]
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    It would be interesting to have a comprehensive list of the mods you are using, as well as the settings for the various mod options. Also, which in-game difficulty do you plan on using?
  • ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I would probably edit out the reloads unless something interesting happened... like you kill the enemy, but they confused Minsc and then he chops Dynaheir to pieces. I don't think you need to edit them ALL out... just the boring sections.

Maybe i'm not the best person to ask though... I don't think I would watch a silent playthrough of BG.

Maybe you are better off just recording in your native language. I think there are german, russian, and spanish ones... maybe more.

It would be interesting to have a comprehensive list of the mods you are using, as well as the settings for the various mod options. Also, which in-game difficulty do you plan on using?

tactics/scsii/fixpack etc.
    +
    insanse ofc there is something missing with these mods if it is not insane ;)
    [Deleted User]
    "etc." isn't really comprehensive. I'd appreciate a little more detail, especially concerning the SCSII options.
    zur312
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    If you want to do a funny but silent Lets Play I highly suggest a wild mage or two.

"etc." isn't really comprehensive. I'd appreciate a little more detail, especially concerning the SCSII options.

everything that will make game harder

instant buffing for mages

oh also solaufein mod for his epic fight

dunno if i am missing something?

If you want to do a funny but silent Lets Play I highly suggest a wild mage or two.

too bad my party is full

lunar
    What are your settings for Inquisitor dispel? For random encounter difficulties? For HLA spells on enemy mages?

There's a lot of options in SCSII especially that change the way of approaching the game. I'm not sure if there is a some file in the installation directory that contains a list of all the choices... if there is, it would be nice to see.

Also, are you using any mods that add/enhance equipment and/or spells (such as ItemUpgrade or Spell50)? Do you plan on using Solaufein's special sword?
    edited May 2013
    inquisitor like in vanilla
    random enconuter i can't remember what are the options
    give hla in tob
    no item upgrade i think it would make game much easier
    no spell50
    no special sword from solaufein

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scsii/tactical.php

oh and should i play with or without cheese?
    no scrolls from similacrums?
    no timestop shapeshift eat brain?
    no spell immunity divination improved invisibility?
    Post edited by zur312 on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I will be watching them! I am an avid fan of SCSII and will greatly enjoy your videos.
    A few failed attempts would be cool too, not many videos on youtube have those. Most videos are like, blitzing through the game in the first try. Puhhleeease. :p
    Cheese should be saved as a last resort, if you can't beat an important battle any other way, go for it. :-)
    SCSII disables a lot of cheese, not to mention that many of the late bosses are immune to Timestop anyway.

Honestly, the most cheesy thing I remember still working in SCSII is AI-abuse, running away until buffs expire etc.

SCSII disables a lot of cheese, not to mention that many of the late bosses are immune to Timestop anyway.

Honestly, the most cheesy thing I remember still working in SCSII is AI-abuse, running away until buffs expire etc.

that is probably true
    am i missing any hard mods?
    Planar Sphere has some interesting fights, but it's also a bit wacky. Ascension/Tactics/SCSII is the usual combo, Solaufein is also quite common. I think you have most of it covered.

There's also Improved Anvil, which I've heard is quite hard but have never tried myself.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    Install and play Valen NPC mod (evil party needed). It's an Vampire NPC and sometimes in the game you just can't control her bloodlust (what lead to a lot of troubles, funny bloodmessy troubles). Install the extra contend of the mod "more protections against undead" and half of the NPCs of the game will have protection from undead, the last update of the mod make an optional accessory install that make most of the characters on the game become immune to level drain as well.

Be advised that, if valen die once, it's forever, she can't be ressurected. Play a non-reload with her and end the game without letting her die (specially if you have to make the eclipse fight).
    Maybe I should give Valen a try again. It sounds like there's been some updates since I last played it, many, many, MANY years ago... back then she used to be cheese incarnate and completely OP, I guess things have changed! She's definitely an interesting character and well implemented (like the non-resurrection, not being able to touch the Mace of Disruption, defaulting to evil choices etc.).
    kamuizin said:

Install and play Valen NPC mod (evil party needed). It's an Vampire NPC and sometimes in the game you just can't control her bloodlust (what lead to a lot of troubles, funny bloodmessy troubles). Install the extra contend of the mod "more protections against undead" and half of the NPCs of the game will have protection from undead, the last update of the mod make an optional accessory install that make most of the characters on the game become immune to level drain as well.

Be advised that, if valen die once, it's forever, she can't be ressurected. Play a non-reload with her and end the game without letting her die (specially if you have to make the eclipse fight).

maybe in another play when i am evil but for now just powergaming ;)

first and second part uploading
    i don't know if it is watchable in youtube quality
    and i really don't know if i can do something with team of 4 figthers+paladin +druid lol
    JuliusBorisovDexterlunarShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    edited May 2013
    1hour of improved illych loading and only 9 minutes of footage LOL

i don't know if it is possible with full warrior party

Improved Ilyich

is this cheesy enough?
    lunarDexter[Deleted User]

circus promenade party at inn and copper coronet

slavery cemetary dungeons party temple district sewers
    it is going too easy :( maybe i should just go for celestial fury or something
    [Deleted User]
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2013
    Oooh, very nice! I will watch them and comment when I'm off from work tonight. ^^

Are videos totally silent? I know you may be a tad shy that your English is not good enough, but a few 'oh crap!' 'oops!' 'ouch!' 'there goes nothing!' 'he casts WHAAAT!?' would be cool! :-D

Okay, watched the half of Ilyich fight, I wonder why didn't Ilyich berserk so he would have been immune to hold stuff. Still, good tactics. :-) Err, how did the redhead chick get level drained, I did not notice that.
    Post edited by lunar on
    edited May 2013
    lunar said:

Oooh, very nice! I will watch them and comment when I'm off from work tonight. ^^

Are videos totally silent? I know you may be a tad shy that your English is not good enough, but a few 'oh crap!' 'oops!' 'ouch!' 'there goes nothing!' 'he casts WHAAAT!?' would be cool! :-D

Okay, watched the half of Ilyich fight, I wonder why didn't Ilyich berserk so he would have been immune to hold stuff. Still, good tactics. :-) Err, how did the redhead chick get level drained, I did not notice that.

ilyich got stucked and swarm plagued

she got level drained by vampire in 002 at the end
    lunarDexter[Deleted User]
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Insect plague for the win!
    zur312

Mekrath in temple district serwers

dunno about dual but yeah at least magic missle ;D

Dexter[Deleted User]
    omfg 3hours 20 minutes + of gameplay
    =
    1hour 16 minutes of footage

those duals are killing me

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 008 temple district serwers docks shadow thiefs
    Dexter[Deleted User]

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 009 Rayic Gethras Embarl Maevar's quests
    so much cheese

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 010 Dao Dijins slave hunters umar hills valygar

only slave hunters + rayic gethras are interesting
    Dexter[Deleted User]