Skip to content

Which SoA NPC's should also be romanceable?

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Please tell us why you'd like to romance the NPC. I haven't put married NPC's as an option , but if you're into it just click on "other" !
  1. Which SoA NPC's should also be romanceable?181 votes
    1. Valygar
      12.15%
    2. Minsc
        1.66%
    3. Korgan
        3.31%
    4. Edwin
        3.31%
    5. Nalia
      18.23%
    6. Haer D'Alis
      13.81%
    7. Yoshimo
        3.87%
    8. Mazzy
      24.31%
    9. Imoen
      13.26%
    10. Other
        6.08%

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2013
    Obviously this would be a big enough change they wouldn't do it, but I'd have to go with Yoshimo just because of the tragic element to a romance with him. That or you could integrate the heart quest into maybe a resurrection.
    Post edited by elminster on
    booinyoureyesmeagloth
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Valygar is interesting as a damaged psyche. Seems the type of person that females would be interested in. Although Korgan would be even more likely (yes I'm a slightly jaded male).
    Quartz
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Weren't Haer'Dalis and Valygar intended to be romancable, but in true BioWare fashion they didn't get it done in time and thus never bothered?
    booinyoureyes
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Anyone except another (half-)elf chick.

Edwin would be hilarious (because of the Nether Scroll) but I feel like he belongs to Alora.
    Haer'Dalis could be good.
    Nalia is a fine candidate.
    Valygar... I don't care for his voice acting, but he could be decent.
    Mazzy would be great, but you'd really have to prove your Lawful Goodness to her.
    Minsc is developmentally unable to give consent.
    Korgan just screams "abusive boyfriend" to me.
    Yoshimo would need an alternative branch in his storyline, but if that work were done, it might be great.
    Balrog99PhyraxAristilliusbooinyoureyes
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited May 2013
    Korgan would have a harem in real life. Seriously...
    booinyoureyes
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i voted minsc for lulz :)
    KidCarnivalEudaemoniumbooinyoureyes
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Balrog99 said:

Korgan would have a harem in real life. Seriously...

I know. Korgan in real life would surely be one of those jerks who look like vikings that chicks love hahaha
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    edited May 2013
    I think the four female options for BG2 is more than enough for male players. So I'd rather see more options for female players or gender neutral romances from male NPCs.

I voted Haer'Dalis just because his character just screams romantic interest. He fits the devil may care swashuckler hero archetype from a thousand romance novels. He's the most conventional pick for a romantic interest.

Korgan and Edwin probably work better as joke romances for Mazzy. And Valygar is probably a little tricky since a great portion of his storyline was left on the cutting room floor, that he feels a little incomplete. A romance with him would require finishing that. And a romance with Jan would be utterly insane that I can't even envision it, afterall his only love is turnips.

But I think these could also work:

- Minsc: This would be a rather different romance since it would be platonic than anything else. Instead of choosing Aerie or Nalia to be his witch in place of Dynaheir, he'd swear his loyalty to Charname. It would be possible for him to pick a male Charname as his witch, since there are male equivalents known as Vremyonni. Minsc is probably the type to not really care much about genders if it gets in way of him finding a purpose in life.

- Yoshimo:
    It would be a rather short tragic romance that results in his geas killing him since he refuses to fight Charname. Then the rest of the game would treat Charname as a widow, having sporadic visions of Yoshimo from the rest of the game. Leading to a fight with his 'ghost' in the Forest of Mir of which brings closure to the romance.
    elminsterQuartzMalban
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    I'm the only one who wants a korgan romance? Blasted Groundlings
    DetroitRedWings25
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Mazzy, she does have that sexy Jennifer Hale's voice after all.
    SCARY_WIZARDbooinyoureyes
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I think that Haer'Dalis would be a great choice for female and male CHARNAME, so my vote is for him :)
    DJKajuru
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Because I'm a male, the options weren't really surprising.
    - Imoen is a half-sister. That would be just wrong. (I know, there is a mod)
    - Nalia ... well ... maybe. Finally a non-elven chick to romance.
    - Mazzy - Yay! That would be quite twisted. I like it. Come here, my little, sexy goddess...
    GodKaiserHellAristilliusbooinyoureyes
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    Nalia de'Arnise, but alas, I have the romance mods. :3
    booinyoureyes
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Valygar's romance was realized in Dragon Age II with Fenris - same problems with magic users.
    Eudaemonium
    Jan has a girlfriend already!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Haer D'alis definitely
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    I voted Mazzy so that there are some options for the short races, though I'd also agree with the sentiment that there should be more options for females as well. Valygar, Haerdalis, and Mazzy would all be welcome additions.
    Fina92ValankirNonnahswriter
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    mazzy shes awsome and would be great for people playing as short races
    Fina92booinyoureyes
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    DJKajuru said:

Jan has a girlfriend already!

A romance doesn't necessarily have to be sexual or overly intimate, it could just be a really deep platonic relationship. So just because Jan has a girlfriend doesn't mean that you couldn't develop a strong friendship kinda like Elliot and E.T.

Would be a welcome change to have a romance be just about deep friendship rather than ending in pregnancy or something of a sexual nature. You could end up sharing Jan's love of turnips, or Jan could adopt you into his clan which would give charname the surname of Jansen. Just like how you could formulate the premise of a romance between charname and Minsc that only goes so far as him becoming your non-sexual protector. You could even create the premise of a romance with Keldorn, where he becomes your mentor and you his squire of a non-sexual, Paladin only nature. I see the whole nature of the BG2 romance as being an excuse for deeper NPC characterisation, not as being confined as a romance simulator.
    DJKajuruKidCarnivalbooinyoureyes
    @Mordeus , I agree with you!

They did something like that in Ps:Torment . All joinable npc's had tons of friendship dialogue , and you actually did learn more about them in a way that made you feel they were important to you.
    ReadingRambo
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    edited May 2013
    Valygar was meant to be a romance option but it's one of many "unfinished business" in SoA, unfortunately. There are some unused dialogs with him about the romance, if I recall correctly.
    And I agree with @Lisaralin about Edwin, definitely XD
    NecdilzorLisaralin
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I believe every one should be romanceable for a better and bigger experience.

Now imagine a feminine Charname discussing about power with Edwin. Can Edwin fall in love? Can he move aside his selfish matters? Can he do something for another person?

I believe with a romance we could find out. (He's a bit of a jerk, but hopefully he stops since he likes Charname ^^)
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    edited May 2013
    I agree that there should be more options for female characters BUT I looooove Mazzy, i don't mind her LawfulnessGoodnessess she is just soooo charming.

I believe a strong female warrior could whip Korgan into shape and a witty sorceress could outsmart Edwin.....
    SophiananobooinyoureyesReadingRambo
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Since there wasn't a "none" option, I went with "other." As I've said before, in another thread, it makes sense that the romance options are limited; being the progeny of an evil, dead god and routinely slaughtering hundreds of people, for a good reason or no, could be considered a bit of a turn-off for most people.
    KidCarnivalDJKajuruNonnahswriter
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I voted for Mazzy
    I always thought that her losing her beloved Patrick would create an interesting romance storyline
    Similar to Jaheira losing her Khalid
    I would like to see one for Nalia ( I know there is a mod )
    not sure is the mod was made for ToB
    Haer D'alis would also be great with a lot of interesting competition between your CHARNAME and Aerie
    Valygar would also be interesting because he is basically a complex character with issues about magic
    Most of all hoping to see the Romance options for Dorn, Neera , and Rasaad given more depth in SoA
    booinyoureyes
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Imoen, just because it would be twisted.
    SenashXzar