Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I'd also like to see the rest of the movies remade, or at the very least the most important ones (which in my opinion are Beregost, the Gnoll Stronghold, Cloakwood, Durlag's Tower, the Iron Throne, and the Candlekeep Library). I understand this is not likely to ever happen, but one can still dream, can't I?
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    @adul: Yes, yes you can.
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Thank you so much for finally addressing us here on the forums! While I know that you're all working hard and have to be somewhat secretive, this silence has been... troublesome. Still, I have faith in you guys! Keep up the good work and deliver thy patch only when you're ready! I, for one, will be waiting patiently and with arms wide open. (Gods, that was corny...)
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    It's just awesome to get some transparency. I bought my Nexus 7 for multiple reasons, but one of them was definitely playing Baldur's Gate on it. Good luck with getting it all polished up, team! I'll be waiting, mostly patiently. :)
    Chet
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Dee said:

You mean like this?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

• Vince2013Vince2013 Member Posts: 6
    Why did you guys release this game so soon? Was it money problems? This game is very clearly not finished.
  • Vince2013Vince2013 Member Posts: 6
    Thats a shame. I think this game could have had a far bigger success.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278

BG:EE rules. BG2:EE will rule.

Period.

Oh man, that's so true! I love BG1, but I found BG2 bigger and better. As a weird fact, I've played a lot more BG1. I hate missing the first plot before playing a sequel.
    AntonLemmium
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Another thanks for the transparency. :)
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    Vince2013 said:

Why did you guys release this game so soon? Was it money problems? This game is very clearly not finished.

I'm glad it was released so early. For my purposes (playing single-player), I've had very few problems (Tethtoril's quest is maybe it?), and have pretty much played non-stop since BGEE's release. A huge thanks to everyone who made BGEE happen and I can't wait for the next patch, BGEE2, and whatever else you guys have planned!

NecdilzorSniiiimonmungomunk
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Keep up the good work folks :D
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77

to ensure a game we can all be happy with.
    Trent

Yes if you finally implement all the other languages otherwise bad joke.

Akuro
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well... that's something, I suppose. Though if you're genuinely concerned about transparency, you might want to figure that out before you release the game to additional platforms, as it'll only serve to bring more people in who have no idea where the winds are blowing, so to speak.
    TJ_HookerVitor
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Good read. It's good to know that a lot of work has been done and a lot of improvements have been made.
  • JarvisJarvis Member Posts: 8
    Do we have any idea when this is going to be released?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I think the new cinematics look great until there's anything significant animation-wise happening in them. Nat Jones's paintings are awesome, but the animation method leaves much to be desired. I have just seen the BG:EE ending cinematic for the first time, and ...

... and it kinda bothered me that some of the events did not translate well into the new animation style. Sarevok's armor, in particular, "dissolved" into his essence, instead of crumbling to dust as it was in the original ending. That change didn't make much sense to me, and it was apparent that it was only made because of animation limitations.

And when his statue crumbled at the end, in the original movie there was a point where most of the statue had already broken off and the rest of it "exploded". In the new movie, the explosion sound effect is still there but there is no explosion happening anytime on screen, causing some audiovisual dissonance.

When compared side-by-side, the original movie is much richer in detail and it's much clearer what's happening on screen most of the time. Of course, I understand the new cinematics are more stylized, but in this case I think the outcome is kinda hazy and at times even unintentionally comical.

Well, anyway - it was not my intention to mercilessly harp on about my issues with the new movies. As I said, in most cases where one or two still shots can get the job done they look fantastic. But perhaps in the future OG could experiment with other animation methods for the cinematics where a more dynamic movement is required.
    Necdilzorkilleahelminster
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I was disappointed with the lifeless animation of the cinematics, the painting was great nevertheless.
    hansolo
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just a request for the next patch, if possible.

Change the end game after sarevok death (and after the cinematic). When i kill sarevok i would like to finish some loose points. BGT worked this perfectly, by link the leave of main char and party to Amn based in a choice of banter with them (of course ppl here can do this different, as the plot line raised by BGT can be a bit unnoficial).

If that's not possible, at least make the game avoid to close inside the undercity temple (it will only end when we try to leave the temple after killing sarevok), sometimes i have books of status to use, items to replace to export a character and i just don't have enough time to do that after Sarevok's death.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Why can't you do that before the battle?
    TJ_Hooker
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I really liked the new animations. They make a change from the over-the-top and overpowered GFX in games these days. The style was great as well - like a comic book.
    MunchkinXQ
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Kilivitz said:

Why can't you do that before the battle?

My last evil game i forgot to use some tomes, i found that when i was about to export my character, but the use delay of items doesn't allow me to make use and export the character before the game end.

Besides, my first request is still open, i would really like to end some loose points before the end of the game, less than BG2 but in BG we're still running against time (somehow) i think (or at least focused in some actual problems to leave everything to explore an huge old Dwarven castle or make a risk travel to an distant island).
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I also like the new animations more than the originals. Only thing I'd see as a minus are missing kobolds in the Nashkell animation. They were cool in the original.
    AnduinScooterchizziMunchkinXQ
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Never tried multiplayer in bgee so this should be interesting!
    Jairyanna
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Anduin - now when you talk about it, you are right. The one with the Wywern swinging the cow over the woodsman was cool.
    Maybe it could have dropped the cow onto a Shadow Druid. Then a closeup on Neera "Whooops".
    Anduin
This discussion has been closed.