Skip to content

EXII - Baldur's Gate Portrait Artwork (UPDATE: 1 New Portrait - Female Blackguard)

Comments

• EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Anymore female gamer volunteers? I'm hoping to get at minimum three female portraits done. Have two at the moment so one more would suffice! :)
  • JohnSmith921030JohnSmith921030 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013

Also added a new version with a bit of dramatic fire... being an evil child of Bhaal and so on. Made changes to the eyes so they appear more like Sarevok's glow.

Believe it or not, I'm going to use the fire version for my LAWFUL GOOD mage. He was always a bit of a showoff and also has the glowing eyes in my role play (hey, that's not evil! ;)), so this portrait fits him perfectly. Bonus points for my sorcerer's color theme already being black with gold trims.
    Post edited by JohnSmith921030 on
    EntropyXII
    @JohnSmith921030 - Haha! Lawful Good ey? Well of course! I'm glad my work is universal across all alignments! xD
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: (Realised this next one was the wrong way round - see below)

Sanctifer
    I will upload the portrait sizes tomorrow or something. Gonna have a break for a bit! ha!
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    Oh my, you're good !
    That elven chainmail is fabulous \o/
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    They all look great! You are SO talented!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    These are amazing! I especially like the Dwarf portrait (though he could also pass for human).

Good work sir!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    The alannah could pass for a tiefling... Maybe could you add horns to an alt? Maybe someday they will add tieflings and aasimar officially (besides the subraces mods).

Great work as always all around @EntropyXII
    Thanks very much guys, I appreciate the comments. I have started to upload my artwork on DeviantArt as well if anybody uses that webpage: http://entropyxii.deviantart.com/ (If I am breaking any rules by posting my Deviant page, let me know dev's and i'll remove it.)

@smeagolheart - I'll see what I can conjure up :)

Still working myself up to resizing them into portrait format. They are all different sizes so I will have to clip them down somewhat. Will get around to it soon.
    edited May 2013
    Oops - image was far too big. See re-sized below.
    Edited @alannahsmith for @smeagolheart - Tiefling.
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Man, I wish I was this bad ass in real life! :P
    Still.. amazing work!! Please don't stop making awesome portraits!
    EntropyXII
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Great portraits! :D I like them! The one with the Bhaal symbol is awesome, also the Half-Elven Dragon Disciple. I loved the robe!
    edited June 2013
    @alannahsmith - The fact you have a Skyrim poster on your wall contradicts your statement of not being 'bad ass' =)

@Necdilzor - Cheers mate!
    alannahsmith
    New Portrait: @jakaminski - Male Mage.

ButtercheeseKilivitzZanian
  • jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    Very nice. I like how this turned out.
    I'm glad you like it @jakaminski - I'm still not entirely happy with the chest piece. I seemed to get considerable mind block when trying to think of an alternative. I'll post the process images up soon!
    edited August 2013
    New Portrait: @Aedan - Male Ranger/Druid

Whoops - Accidentally uploaded the blurred version. See corrected version below.
    Post edited by EntropyXII on

@Aedan Redone. Made several alterations due to recent advice. Re-sculpted the neck and left shoulder guard to make Aedan look broader and accentuated the cheek bones - hopefully eliminating the previous 'halfling' look. Added finer detailing to the armour, beads, beard and eyes as well as fixing some errors I had made. Added further texturing to the hair. I used various shades of greens, as blue was a stark and obvious contrast given the nature of the portrait. I was hoping to make him look more youthful, but I am unsure its turned out that way.
    [Deleted User]
    New portrait: Female Blackguard.

Model: Rachel Mills.

Spent absolutely ages on this one. Started as a hand drawn sketch of a friend of mine - ultimately I am very pleased with this portrait.

I studied the BG2 portraits at great length and even managed to enlist some sagely advice as well.

I don't think I am there yet, but I am definitely not far off I think.
    [Deleted User]Troodon80ZanianBlackraven
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Troodon80
    @Shandyr - Cheers mate =)
    [Deleted User]
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @EntropyXII, looks fantastic. The only criticism I could give is towards the blurred teeth; they need a little more definition, at least in my opinion. :)
    EntropyXII
    @Troodon80 -chuckles- the teeth were once defined! I was told to un-define them and make them a less 'edgy' in a bit of advice I got on DeviantArt.

I think they work well in the BG:EE portrait sizes - not tried them in game yet however.

Come to think of it, has anybody tried my portraits in game yet? Do they look alright? believe it or not I haven't yet played BG:EE with any of my portraits (need to re-download and reinstall the game) since my previous computer kind of exploded.
    Troodon80