Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2013
    @Blash
    Keep in mind that Dee has not said that SCS features will be implemented by the next patch. She says that the team is still working on it. When the next patch is release, it might not be included.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    SHE says???
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Aedan said:

@Blash
    Keep in mind that Dee has not said that SCS features will be implemented by the next patch. She says that the team is still working on it. When the next patch is release, it might not be included.

Seems I'll play the game with the patch after the next one.. maybe 2014 :-)
    edited June 2013
    Pecca said:

SHE says???

@Dee is a she. Or am I wrong?

@Blash
    If you want an advise, wait for the next patch. It will make BGEE awesome. Trust me :)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    If one more dev/moderator says the next patch will make the game awesome, I might just have a heart attack. I'm 23yrs. old too.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2013
    Kilivitz said:

My problem, however, is that ever since I changed computers I'm having a lot of trouble running the original games. It has to do with my Intel video card's poor OpenGL support, which causes slowdowns and occasional crashes. BG:EE runs better, but not without hiccups.

In other words, the EE's and the upcoming rewritten renderer are my only chance to be able to play those games in the future without relying on keeping around an older machine.

Considering how many people were affected by the whole Intel vs. OpenGL thing, I can't be the only one who feels relieved that those new versions even exist.

I could be way off here, but I thought the whole OpenGL thing was new to BG:EE? I had no problems running vanilla on my laptop (with an Intel chipset), but it took some tweaking to get BG:EE running adequately, and any spell effects can cause the frame rate to plummet. Of course this should be a thing of the past once the new renderer comes out.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2013
    Wiggles said:

If one more dev/moderator says the next patch will make the game awesome, I might just have a heart attack. I'm 23yrs. old too.

@Wiggles I'll let the beta testers who are not moderators know they can still say the next patch will make the game more awesome ;)

Moomintroll
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I'm so happy that my SCS prayers will probably be answered sometime in 2013.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    mlnevese said:

@Wiggles I'll let the beta testers who are not moderators know they can still say the next patch will make the game more awesome ;)

@mlnevese

mlnevese: Casts Horror.
    Wiggles: Saving Throw Failed.
    mlneveseAedanMoomintroll
    edited June 2013
    @Pecca
    It turned out that Dee is a boy. I was wrong!
    Still, Beamdog needs more girls in its staff :)
    PeccaAbel
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Frankly, sounds great! 'Can't wait' as we say..
    Now... we are already 2013-06-15 today last minute i checked and... well.. when, already ?! *))

anyway, yes, 'can't wait' at least to test that so ! sound exciting and great (really, no pun intended there).. would be great to see it now)... sounds promising!... and if every new BG2 kits have been perfectly & smoothly integrated now in the BG1 initial engine/universe [in prevision for BG2EE!], will be woooplaaa as we say too here.. but let's not dream too much maybe, for that too i guess.. *))
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    So, how is the patch coming along? Can you guys, in this new effort to increase transparency, shed some light on the status of the release? Have you encountered any problems with the patch lately? If yes, do you estimate them to take long to solve? How do you see the overall status and what's left to do before it's ready to hit the internet?

Thanks!
    Fina92MrDarthSchopenhauerNecdilzor
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    BG:EE will be cleaner than an elven arse with the new patch.
    AdulMoomintrollWiggles[Deleted User]
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Nice, the update sounds sick! ! !
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited June 2013
    The problem is we always hear how amazing the patch is, but never know when it is ready,

I know developers already try to make their progress as transparency as possible.

I just feel if they can't make sure when the patch can be released , why they always tell fans how the patch is cool , nice , amazing,

The patch status thread is good , let us know what's the direction of deveropers and what kind of features are under working , but i really don't need deverlopers remind us how the patch is good in every day / weeks and never know when it's ready,

Actually , the game had been released around 7 months , and still lots of promises can't be reached until now ,

Just let us know the direction of patch and the transprency is enough, i don't need deveropers remind how it's good , even the game still doesn't have multi-match , cloudy save , full translation ,after 7 months later,

MadmartiganSchnitzelnotking
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    relax dude, this patch will not even bring many changes, probally will only be a bugfix patch, so no need to restart any adventure.

Just install BG2 and export your BG:EE character there for now.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @darrenkuo
    I agree.Chinese language pack is what we really need!
  • VordrakVordrak Member Posts: 3
    I own BG1, ToSC, BG2 and SoA. However I have not yet purchased the Enhanced Edition because of all the complaints about bugs. I really enjoyed BG1. What would really help is an ETA on the patch.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    @notking all the language patches are not handled through here, but through the language categories. Go to the Chinese language category (on the left) and ask there when the language patch is ready.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited June 2013

@notking all the language patches are not handled through here, but through the language categories. Go to the Chinese language category (on the left) and ask there when the language patch is ready.

@callimachus

You are wrong ,

The Ring of Wonder
    http://trow.cc/forum/index.php?showtopic=23846

Chinese volunteers said

2012/11/21 - They done all BG-EE translation work already, When can be released , please ask developers,
    2013/05/29 - They start to translate BG2-EE three hundred and fifty thousand words

Chinese category say " please ask for developers team"
    I also saw same question in Ask us anything thread , nobody can reply roughly release date,
    Post edited by darrenkuo on
    EntropyXIIAdulnotkingNecdilzor
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Adul said:

So, how is the patch coming along? Can you guys, in this new effort to increase transparency, shed some light on the status of the release? Have you encountered any problems with the patch lately? If yes, do you estimate them to take long to solve? How do you see the overall status and what's left to do before it's ready to hit the internet?

Thanks!

@adul : Not sure you can have an official answer here. Everyone in this thread has been asking these questions for the last four months, and it seems we 'll never have any real answer, except this one : "when it's done".

Also this "new effort to increase transparency" was discussed about a month ago, and it seems it's not ready either. I think the increase transparency will be effective only "when it's ready".

Trying to answer a bit more to your questions : the patch is on the QA phase since a month now. I'm not sure to have ever seen such a long QA phase for just a patch, but hey, i guess this means they have more problems than expected for this patch...
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    edited June 2013
    @darrenkuo
    I agree with lord Vadar.
    What can we do? We spent $17.99 buying a unfinished game.Now its price is $11.99!!!
    Eight moths has past,where is the language pack? Promises they had made,now it's time to fulfill them all.
    Post edited by notking on
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited June 2013
    Palanthis said:

Also this "new effort to increase transparency" was discussed about a month ago, and it seems it's not ready either. I think the increase transparency will be effective only "when it's ready".

You just blew my mind.

I think my brain is broken now...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I think the "increased transparency" is a nice appeaser. The problem is if you draw back the curtain to reveal a team of people busily working away on computers, yelling "just a minute!" over their shoulders. The initial act of increasing transparency is eclipsed! by the reality that "stuff is being done."
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited June 2013
    Palanthis said:

Trying to answer a bit more to your questions : the patch is on the QA phase since a month now. I'm not sure to have ever seen such a long QA phase for just a patch, but hey, i guess this means they have more problems than expected for this patch...

I think the QA phase is taking so long because they are also releasing the Android version of the game with this patch, and when doing QA on a new device it always takes time... I hope they can work through the bugs soon and release it, I have been waiting to play this on my tablet since I heard about BG:EE last September.
  • So, having the game on steam, I will not see the "may" update. Nice.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398

So, having the game on steam, I will not see the "may" update. Nice.

Source?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    All of our patches do eventually make it to Steam, but because of the way it's set up (We send it to Atari; Atari sends it to Valve: Valve uploads it to Steam) it takes a little bit longer than it does on Beamdog (We upload the patch ourselves).
This discussion has been closed.