Skip to content

[Announcement] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been temporarily removed from sale.

Comments

• ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    Malicron said:

Nolzei said:

I really hope they don't do that. If they do imagine though they would have to go through a lot of repaying angry gamers.

At least part of Baldur's Gate is owned by EA, through Bioware. Does anyone doubt for one second that they'd be big enough dicks to do it?
    That was my first thought as well.
    edited June 2013

@Dee - Which leaves Atari then.. -sigh-

Or Hasbro. I read they sued Atari to get the D&D license back. Somehow Atari kept the rights to BG so maybe this is Hasbro trying to get everything back? A theory but whatever the cause I hope it is solvable and we eventually get BG2 EE!
    Post edited by Shadowdemon on
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Shadowdemon - If this is the case are Hasbro the good guys or bad guys?
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

Considering the choice is between them and EA, they're AT LEAST the lesser of two evils.
  • MunchkinXQMunchkinXQ Member Posts: 25
    No wonder the new patch has been overdue.
    edited June 2013

I guess we will see. If it is them then I will consider them 'good' if they let Overhaul continue and also do more with the D&D/BG license than Atari did (wouldn't take much). I've always had a problem with Atari because they haven't done squat with the license since they acquired/stole the license from Interplay/Black Isle 10 years ago.

Well, tough. At this rate, there's not going to be a BG2:EE.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    N....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good luck with this stuff, guys.... We have your back! (Also, keep working on BG2:EE so when you fix the contract issue we can play pls thx.)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

I don't think a petition would be of much help at the moment.

-Trent

What about crying? Will it help if I cry? Because I will do that for you guys. Also, I will bake cookies. Chocolate chip with Oreos inside. Or cupcake cookies. Or cupcake cookies with Birthday Cake Oreos inside.
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    This is precicely the reason why Kickstarter and Indiegogo are such powerful tools. That way the developers do not get entangled in the petty problems of major publishers.
    There is only 1 possible issue here: Money. Someone wants more, someone else does not feel like parting with more. And the devs are caught in the middle, without any fault of theirs. Typical.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Quartz said:

... Honestly I feel like the game was kind of vomited upon...

Man, what?
  • lbalba Member Posts: 8
    You make it sound like Android version is ready but publishing partner is one to blame. Just admit tthat your trying to buy time.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Quartz said:

Honestly I feel like the game was kind of vomited upon..

Here's a kick when you're down if I've ever seen one...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    When this issue will be resolved ?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited June 2013
    mch202 said:

Soon...

mch202 said:

WILL this issue be resolved?
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    Unfortunate...

I am sure you have had dealings with bureaucrats in the past, how optimistic are you that this will be settled and we will once again see patches and eventually BG:2?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    mch202 said:

mch202 said:

Soon...

It's not fun...

contractural deal could be days / months / even couple years...
    @Dee Well, its good to hear that you all think it will get taken care of eventually, although I am sure some of you are ready to put your fist through a wall right now, I know I would be.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I know at least one of us is "level 8 mad", but it's never been clear whether @PhillipDaigle was or wasn't mad to begin with.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Dee @PhillipDaigle I think we all know the answer to that question. :P
    Well, I hope it gets resolved soon, its not like there is anything I can do to help so I will offer my condolences and wish you good luck.
  • ThyranisThyranis Member Posts: 21

Hi Friends.

Please read this announcement from Trent:

Dear Friends of Baldur's Gate,

We recently removed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from sale on Beamdog and the Apple App Store. We've taken this step at our publishing partner's request as we attempt to resolve a number of contractual issues.

Unfortunately, until this matter is resolved, we are unable to release the latest Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android.

This also prevents the launch of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. I sincerely apologize to the series' fans and promise we are working diligently to remedy the situation.

Regards,
    Trent Oster
    President, Beamdog & Overhaul Games
    Baldursgate.com has additional information in a FAQ. Believe me when I say we're extremely unhappy about this. We didn't have confirmation of this until today, and it is indeed sad news.

We will work through this issue, but we don't know when.

Dislike ! :(

knowing how the gaming industry works and seeing the so many project that never saw dayligh, I'm afraid that BG2 EE will never happen.. I am saddened to hear that being a huge fan of the series and after ging through BG EE like a junkie...
  • ThyranisThyranis Member Posts: 21

time for kickstarter after all as the partners fall apart?

^^ this !
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    To whichever partner is holding up the latest BG:EE patch and BG2:EE, "Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways!"
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Dee said:

I know at least one of us is "level 8 mad", but it's never been clear whether @PhillipDaigle was or wasn't mad to begin with.

Last time I checked, @PhillipDaigle and Mad were two separate beings ( @Boozilla ).

This discussion has been closed.