Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418

Would someone be willing to "Baldurize" this pic of Taylor Swift? Perhaps adding a quiver and/or bow to turn her into an archer?

Here's a quick and dirty attempt at "Baldurizing" that pic... to make it fit within the games confines didnt really leave room for a quiver though

photo SWIFTL_zpsce1c0d48.png
    photo SWIFTM_zpsa5395094.png
    photo SWIFTS_zpsbc54d360.png
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    highly impracticable armor there for fighting kobolds and wandering around in cloakwood forest
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Most female fantasy portraits are.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Nic_Mercy said:

Would someone be willing to "Baldurize" this pic of Taylor Swift? Perhaps adding a quiver and/or bow to turn her into an archer?

Here's a quick and dirty attempt at "Baldurizing" that pic... to make it fit within the games confines didnt really leave room for a quiver though

photo SWIFTL_zpsce1c0d48.png
    photo SWIFTM_zpsa5395094.png
    photo SWIFTS_zpsbc54d360.png
    Great job, thanks!

I'm actually glad you left out the quiver, since I'm not sure I want to do my next playthrough as an archer anyway.

highly impracticable armor there for fighting kobolds and wandering around in cloakwood forest

Maybe she's a mage?

Or maybe Gorion didn't have enough to spare for studded leather?

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited June 2013
    @the_tama
    the_tama said:

Hi guys, would someone be willing to "Baldurize" this pic for my pc elf? Thanks! :)

Hmm, I might give it a go. Do you want BG1 baldurizing or BG2 baldurizing?
    And what class is she, or, more to the point, what kind of armor/robe do you want her to wear?
    And do you want the facial features tweaked in any way?

• the_tamathe_tama Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    @Syntia13

Hmm, I might give it a go. Do you want BG1 baldurizing or BG2 baldurizing?
    And what class is she, or, more to the point, what kind of armor/robe do you want her to wear?
    And do you want the facial features tweaked in any way?

Hi Syntia, BG2 baldurizing and multiclass warrior/mage and make the facial features more elven. Thanks!!!! :)

@the_tama
    Here, what do you think of this? Since warrior/mages can't wear armor if they want to cast spells, I gave her a robe (most of it is obscured by hair anyway, so it's not like it's super important;)
    Is this what you had in mind, or would you prefer different version? I'm taking a break from NPCs for the moment, so I have some time to tweak a detail or two. :)
  • the_tamathe_tama Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    @Syntia13

Awesome!!! She's perfect, thanks Syntia!! :-)

Would someone here perhaps be kind and/or adventurous enough to Baldurize this pic of Victoria Justice? Perhaps adding a bow or a sword into her hand?

Thanks very much in advance.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

Maybe she's a mage?

Looks like it would make for a good evil mage portrait to me.
    AHF said:

Maybe she's a mage?

Looks like it would make for a good evil mage portrait to me.
    Illasera the Swift. ;-)
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited July 2013
    Wow some of these portraits are amazing! I wanna use many of them, lol.
    Post edited by Heindrich on
  • VishnuVishnu Member Posts: 66

Would someone here perhaps be kind and/or adventurous enough to Baldurize this pic of Victoria Justice? Perhaps adding a bow or a sword into her hand?

The hand position and the smirk reminds me of Skie.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @Vishnu Good point, she would make an excellent alternate portrait for Skie, and if nothing else just a good portrait in general.
    Vishnu said:

The hand position and the smirk reminds me of Skie.
    Wow, I hadn't even realized that!

Yes, she would be an ideal alt portrait for Skie. She looks even younger and much prettier IMO.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Those pics of Taylor Swift just scream "evil sorceress" to me. Shadow druid or rogue work pretty well too.

Basically any evil combo of mage/druid/sorc/bard/thief. Wouldn't be caught dead in armor, and any weapon but a concealed dagger is just so, common.
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    Would any kind soul be able to color the hair from red to blonde here for my Shar-teel portrait? Thanks!

• jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    Syntia13 said:

@jdemast

jdemast said:

Would any kind soul be able to color the hair from red to blonde here for my Shar-teel portrait? Thanks!

Like this?

Yes, perfect thanks so much!
    Syntia13 said:

@SharGuidesMyHand

Would someone here perhaps be kind and/or adventurous enough to Baldurize this pic of Victoria Justice? Perhaps adding a bow or a sword into her hand? Thanks very much in advance.

So... I'm not sure this counts as fill to your request, as there's no bow or sword included. I took the picture and played with it a bit.
    First I tried a BG1-ish look, which is a new territory for me and I'm afraid I overdid it:

Then I made this portrait, which I rather think I'll use for Safana in my game. She wears a Ring of Princes and The One Gift Lost because her jewelry was too perfect fit not to go for it. :

And finally, for those who prefer a brunette and a magic user, I did this:

The lightning wand emanates only a very faint glow, so it doesn't reflect on her face. ... Okay, so I didn't feel like re-doing the entire face to include the new source of light. I'm a bad, lazy portrait tweaker. *hangs head in shame*
    Wow, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I especially love the middle one, with the reddish hair.

I'm only now realizing how versatile this picture actually is - I can see it being used for Imoen, Skie, or Safana. If Silke had a portrait, this would probably work for her too.

By all means, please feel free to continue your so-called "lazy tweaking" of this picture. ;-) If I can make an additional request, perhaps you could add elf ears to one of the pics?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's funny. She has that sweet innocent smile and she's holding that knife.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2013
    Deleted
    Post edited by Heindrich on
    @CoM_Solaufein

That's funny. She has that sweet innocent smile and she's holding that knife.

Ah, don't you know? The greatest evil often hides behind a face of an angel. ]:D

Seriously though, the face did look too sweet and innocent to work 100% as Safana for me, so I did some further tweaking, to make her look a little less jail-baity and, hopefully, a little more similar to the original Safana:
    Hmm... now that I look at the original face, I start to think she might make quite a nice elf... must try it later. :)

And on the topic of new portraits, I found nearly perfect one for Coran on DevArt, here:
    http://zoyah.deviantart.com/art/Coran-BG-111033538
    I made some small changes to it and stuffed it in my game, and it fit in perfectly with the rest of my party. :)image , and so did new Yeslick, whom I made out of one of my earlier portraits. I just added a longer beard and changed hair color and called it a day: image
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Speaking of Safana, for my recent vanilla '98BG playthrough, I needed a bitchy female charname. And so this wench was born:
    Or rather evolved, I should say, for this is actually a somewhat mutated Sharwyn (who some of you might remember from NWN), with slight hints of Olivia Wilde (don't ask), some plastic surgery and missing jewellery. There are minor issues (slight blurring in some areas, exempli gratia) I'm aware of which I, however, decided to ignore as they are not really noticeable in good old BG, where the picture has a whopping size of 110x170 pixels at most...
    Since some of you might not be familiar with the original artwork, in the spoiler below I contained the source picture so that you can see what I did here.

Whilst initially a charname portrait, I reckon this one would suit some peoples' image of Safana; feel free to make use of it, should you like to.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Syntia13 said:

@TiaxRulesAll, thank you, then. I'm glad to know the thread is in good hands. :)
    @AHF, save away, sharing portraits is what this thread is all about. :)
    @reedmilfam :D I'll take this as a compliment. ^__^ And hey, I get the crazy too, sometimes. ... Wanna trade pills? ;P

Okay now, this is the last one today and prolly last one this year. Recolored Montaron. The changes aren't terribly obvious, but they are there.
    After staring at Montaron's right hand for hours (exaggeration) I decided that he was squeezing a purse he'd just cut from someone's belt, and is showing it off triumphantly. So I made the purse a bit more visible, and made hands clearer.
    (How? I made my dad pose for me with my fav forged iron knife and a letter pouch. The pouch turned out too dark, so in the picture I replaced it with with a yellow one found in the net. Then recolored hands to fit the pic).
    Does the right hand (his right) stand out from the picture too much? It feels out of place to me, but maybe I'm just obsessing over it?

Monty looks a lot like Eddie Vedder
This discussion has been closed.