Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I like Coran's original portrait. It has a lot more personality than pretty much every attempt to beautify him.

And as Jules Winnfield would say, personality goes a long way.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    NocturneN said:

Obviously. Which is why I don't use it for tanking in, but reading SpaceInvader's post it seemed like that was his suggestion. ;)

It is kinda obvious that a fighter (or cleric) without thief levels would wear a full plate instead of a leather armor.

Oh, hi!
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Kilivitz said:

I like Coran's original portrait. It has a lot more personality than pretty much every attempt to beautify him.

But it has no chin!
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    edited March 2013
    NocturneN said:

'Tis true, unfortunately game mechanics trumps immersion for me, here. There simply aren't any good leather/studded leather armors, esp in BG1 (not to mention that you take extra damage in leather. So thats crappy AC AND crappy protection!). I'd prefer to have her lightly armored, but if I do, she simply can't stand up to the other tanks in the party and becomes more or less useless.

@NocturneN I wouldn't consider the Shadow Armor "bad".
    Anyway, you don't get extra damage OR AC penality vs blunts while wearing leather armors.

I thought it was obvious that I spoke of tanking in leather armor here as we were discussing Jaheira! ;) It was in response to the comment of letting Jaheira use leather armor as she's a Druid. :)
    Stickan said:

Kilivitz said:

But it has no chin!
    That's nothing a 16 CHA can't get around!
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @NocturneN There's a number of armored Jaheiras in this thread, like here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/100947/#Comment_100947 and here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/101701/#Comment_101701
    I can also add the splint mail from those in the picture you selected. Or would you prefer plate armor? Or ankheg armor? I could try to draw that one. T'would be fun. :D
    edited March 2013
    @Synthia13

Hmm yes, I have seen those before although they're not to my liking because the hair's been altered. I believe the picture I linked is perfect save for the armor, though I've been thinking about LadyEibhilinRhett's comment and 'twould indeed be great if you can make her some armor that'd be consistent with her class. :)

I was thinking of Elven Chain myself, though ofcourse, Ankheg Armor would be hellacool aswell as some sort of scale-armor from a beastie (like a dragon, though it would be kinda wierd considering she's a Level 1 Fighter/Druid when you meat her - hardly could've been killing dragons ^^). Knock yourself out! And thank you! :D

@Foggy

I prefer this one myself! ^^
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Kilivitz said:

Yeah, Coran's original portrait is pretty great. Honestly, the only thing I'd ever want changed about it is to give him pointy ears to, you know, reflect the fact he's actually an elf. The human ears thing always bugged me a little, I admit.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited March 2013
    @Isandir
    You are really amazing artist !

If you will have time ( and if is it worthy your work ) can you please try baldurise this foto ?
    I would love see him ( me ) like some badass rogue in black lather armor...
    But you are artist here so do anything what you find suitable, i trust your work.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    @Foggy - I like those a lot -- the Coran I normally use looks OK, but doesn't include his goofy face-paint.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2013
    Iecerint said:

@Foggy - I like those a lot -- the Coran I normally use looks OK, but doesn't include his goofy face-paint.

Coran: Life is adventure or FREEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOM!

• tenlangtenlang Member Posts: 246
    Kristanna Loken ...
    Tried to turn myself into a paladin-type character! But my photoshop skills would only take me so far. Any suggestions on how to "Baldurize" it more?

@Stickan what version of photoshop are you using? If its CS6, there is a filter called Oil Paint that can work wonders in making any picture a little more "baldurized"

Regardless, my tips for you would be making the portrait just a little closer to you, and changing the color balance to have a little more yellow and green.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @NocturneN
    NocturneN said:

@Synthia13
    I was thinking of Elven Chain myself

Okay then, here's the first try on the elven chain. How do you like it?

General note to all: There's no 'h' in my nickname. People often insert it, and then the forum doesn't know they mean me and doesn't notify me. :( So please, skip the 'h'. It's a nice letter and I have nothing against it, but it doesn't belong in my name. ;)

Alright, made more yellow, closer crop and I changed the background as well since that's clearly not winter plate... Finding a background that was nice was clearly harder than I thought though, not completely happy. Fiddled around with the oil a bit, but this is the best I could do at the moment. Once I get the hang of this I might feel confident enough to mess with someone elses face but for now I'll stick to mine.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Stickan said:

Thank you for sharing! It fits perfectly for my Chaotic Evil Necromancer!

Not bad... not bad at all. Still better than a gnome!

edit: This is all part of my evil plot of secretly seeding the internet with my portraits so that one day when my supposed grandkids google the legendary baldurs gate they'll go: "But grandpa that's you!" and I'll be: "Yeah kids, when grandpa was young he was a paladin.. yup... true story"
    "But Grandpa! This page says you were an evil necromancer!?"

Stickan's Secret Past Unmasked! Story rocks nation.
    Syntia13 said:

@NocturneN

NocturneN said:

@Synthia13
    I was thinking of Elven Chain myself

Okay then, here's the first try on the elven chain. How do you like it?

General note to all: There's no 'h' in my nickname. People often insert it, and then the forum doesn't know they mean me and doesn't notify me. :( So please, skip the 'h'. It's a nice letter and I have nothing against it, but it doesn't belong in my name. ;)

Woah! That is...that is! WOW!! :D Great job @Syntia13 (no H! I am in love with H:es, so 'twill be difficult! ;) )!

Can someone help me find a better portrait of Khalid?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Would someone be willing to "Baldurize" this pic of Taylor Swift? Perhaps adding a quiver and/or bow to turn her into an archer?
    edited April 2013
    Can you help me to create a portrait for this in BG?

ShadowDancer Half Elf :D

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/stalkery.png/][IMG]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2944/stalkery.png[/IMG][/URL]
    edited April 2013
    Edit
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Wow I am a bit late. Really nice pics. Just wondering though, rather than searching through all this, are there any good male thieves for my fighter/thief?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Anyone have a good baldurized picture of Crixus from the Spartacus series?? Preferably one with short hair... ;)
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2013
    Post edited by Foggy on
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127

Anyone willing to give a try to this sod?
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Some of my own concoctions guys - Enjoy!

imageimage

First was an edit of a Male Blackguard I created for NWN a few years ago - made the hall of fame in NWN Vault if I remember correctly. Original Can be found here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=portraits.detail&id=4916&comment_page=2

Second is my Elven fighter/mage character. There isn't enough decent Male Elf portraits I reckon!
This discussion has been closed.