Skip to content

Silent Let's play BG2 (insane+tactics/scsii mods) [Complete]

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited June 2013
    yeah he should have insta cast 4 demons and at least recast some protectionions like PFMW + STONESKIN or best mantle or something

actually i never seen any long battle with him because everyone just dispell and melee :(
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 053 tactics scsii insane Kangaxx the Demi-Lich
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 054 tactics scsii insane wtf snake dudes Watcher's Keep

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 055 tactics scsii insane Ettin ambush

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 056 tactics scsii insane improved Faldorn
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 057 tactics scsii insane Demi-lich Watcher's Keep level 4
  • VishnuVishnu Member Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    You inspired me to also try an insane SCSII (don't like Tactics anymore) run. I started a few times in the past, but always ended missing banters or being distracted with other games. I'm also giving the Wizard Slayer a try.

My party consists of :

-Cleric/Ranger.
    -Berserker to be dualled at 9 to Druid.
    -Kensai to be dualled at 13 to Wizard.
    -Kensai to be dualled at 9(13?) to Wizard.
    -Berserker to be dualled at 9 to Wizard.
    -Wizard Slayer to be dualled at 13 to Thief.

Don't you think it'd be better to pause when buffing up? Unpause when everybody is casting spells, pause again when done, re-cast. This way you optimize the duration, since some powerful protection spells got short duration.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17960/powergaming-party-bg2-tob-npc-and-multiplayer#latest
    this is powergaming thread

1. your team looks good but
    2. you have 6 characters like me so that means we level up the slowest
    3. buffing is really minor because you actually can't cast in gaps of 6 seconds that's how long is 1round and i am lazy
    4. wizard slayer/thief dual or mage dual is great for killing every big guy like dragons with spells but liches are still a big problem
    5. level 7 or 9 dual is i think worth it if you have modified grand mastery that gives 0,5 apr that way you are only 0,5 short from grand mastery 13 fighter
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 058 tactics scsii insane The Dueling families of Trademeet pretty boring
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 059 tactics scsii insane Helping Tiris in Trademeet
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 060 tactics scsii insane ilithium neb children killer
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 061 tactics scsii insane planar sphere apperentice
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 062 tactics scsii planar sphere Solmanic Knights Mage stronghold Ambush Lord Ketlaar Argrim
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 063 tactics scsii Wielter Melicamp Inchantra planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 064 tactics scsii insane red mages of thay imprisoned sorcerer planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 065 tactics scsii insane planar sphere mod fanatics
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 066 tactics scsii insane Elminster Mystra Greater Nightmare planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 067 tactics scsii insane keymaster pain elementals planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 068 tactics scsii insane encounter with sorcerer marilith solar magic elemental planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 069 tactics scsii Servant of chaos Helmed horrors Magic Elementals insane planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 070 tactics scsii Vecna's Shade THE ARCHSORCERER MELANTHIUM planar sphere mod
    "Melanthium's Rage alone will do 150 (roughly) to any party members caught in the blast. Get the point?

Insane:
    Mel can cast timestop 15 times
    Can cast Horrid Wilting 25 times
    Can cast Rain of Terror 5 times
    Can summon 8 dark planatars
    Can cast Shield of Oblivion 8 times
    Can cast Bigbys Crushing Hand 20 times
    Can cast Chain Lightning/Greater Malison/Chaos combo 10 times
    Can Dispel the entire party an unlimited number of times
    Can Spellstrike the entire party an unlimited number of times
    Can cast Melanthiums Rage 5 times
    Can restore spell protections 5 times, Shield of Oblivion is also included
    Can cast absolute mantle/stoneskin/true sight 15 times
    Can fully restore himself twice (once HP is less then 200)

Unlimited cast spells are:
    Maze, Finger of Death, Delayed Blast Fireball, Meteor Swarm

All powerful spells are cast more frequently. He tends to have a serious love of meteor swarm. As in, "oh look, I'm being pummeled by three meteor swarms at once, how nice."

Mel also gets:
    +12 bonus to AC
    +20 bonus to MR
    +6 bonus to casting speed

50% fire res
    25% mr"

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 071 tactics scsii insane THE ARCHSORCERER MELANTHIUM Final planar sphere mod
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 072 faster kill THE ARCHSORCERER MELANTHIUM
    boring
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 073 tactics scsii insane ranger stronghold madulf orc saving trees
  • EejitEejit Member Posts: 55
    Those Melanthium fights looked boring.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's a cheap fight and so leads to usage of cheap tactics imo, not a lot of fun. The planar sphere mod is technically very well done imo, but the combat and story (especially) really kill it. Still, each to their own.
    edited July 2013
    Eejit said:

Those Melanthium fights looked boring.

yeah melanthium is so defence heavy that it is almost impossible to kill him with other tactics

i think the mod is quite good
    -story is epic
    -battles are pretty hard too
    -dialogs are not bad

for minus
    -op items everywhere
    -1,5kk exp/char quest exp i lowered to 0 because my characters would just roflstomped anything
    -final fight is really not cool
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    zur312 said:

-story is epic

I'm not sure about epic.. it's so out of proportion with everything else in the game it just ends up ridiculous imo. I mean, why even bother playing the rest of the game after that.

Shin said:

zur312 said:

-story is epic

I'm not sure about epic.. it's so out of proportion with everything else in the game it just ends up ridiculous imo. I mean, why even bother playing the rest of the game after that.

other epic fights epic loot epic quests :)
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 074 tactics scsii insane ranger stronghold Umar Witch
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 075 tactics scsii insane planar sphere mod brooms

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 076 tactics scsii insane Brynnlaw Perth the Adept Galvena Vadek Claire
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Why do you always re-equip your ring of gaxx, cloak and neck?