Skip to content

I think I figured out when the patch will be.

KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
I figured out alot about the whole story. I will keep it short, but here's my theory.

It all started to puzzle me when Trent (Trent Oster) linked this on his Tweet. It was fairly short after the sad news we've heard about BGEE being pulled out of market from certain sellers.

This is what he linked
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/409030043/warmachine-tactics?ref=live
It's a project that his "friend" is working on. But today, in a tweet, I seen something.

Quote from Trent Oster tweet:
"Between TIG welding up a new exhaust for the race car on Sunday and modeling weapons in 3DS Max today, I'm feeling pretty productive. See the part "modeling weapons in 3DS Max today"?

He's obviously working on this project as well and putting all his available time into it. They gave 1 month to fulfill the amount of money needed to start the project, which they set up to 550 000$. It is now 100% over what they were expecting and might end up with 200%.

Now, I remember something very weird also. Trent called himself a liar. It's not a joke. In the first days, he said that he was a very good liar or something. (Commenting on the sale going temporary off) So maybe not paying the % he owes was intentional, as in not having the money to pay.

Now, let's keep it short, it's already a wall of text.

My conclusion/theory.
I think Trent had the great idea of turning the tides here. As what we know happened to BG:EE and it's further production, he had the idea to introduce one of his friend project as the tempest was not over. It was really a good idea since so many people are coming to the forums since we know about that because we all love BG:EE and want BGEE2 and a patch... etc...

So since the "WARMACHINE: TACTICS" project seems to be on rail and already have 100% backers more than predicted and on it's way to 200%, I wouldn't surprised some of that money being used to finally buy the BG:EE parts from Atari.

10 more days for the pledging guys. I suspect an announcement within the next 15 days. Let's see if I'm right.

Btw thanks for reading me and sorry for my English.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2013
    Umm, no offense, but I think you're grasping at straws.

1) I don't see how him mentioning that he's modelling weapons in any way indicates that he's working on WM:T (Warmachine: Tactics). I mean, it's not like the entire dev team has just been twiddling their thumbs since BG:EE was pulled. They said that they were moving on to other projects in the meantime, and maybe that's what he's working on (no reason to thinks it's not an internal project). Maybe he's not even working, and is just tooling around in 3DS Max for fun. Who knows?

2) I don't think some off-hand remark made months ago about being a liar is indicative of... well, anything.

3) That's not how Kickstarter works. Any money past the initial goal will go towards meeting stretch goals, and even if they didn't have stretch goals, it's still expected that additional funds will go towards that project (unless stated otherwise). Taken from that Kickstarter page: "Every dollar raised will go directly into the development of WARMACHINE: Tactics and our backer rewards."
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

What Trent said was that he's a poor liar (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/324482/#Comment_324482), meaning that he hadn't been twittering much because he couldn't act as if everything was fine.

Also, I don't think spending money that backers invested in Warmachine on a Baldur's Gate license purchase would work all that well for the credibility of the developers.. nor for Trent Oster, if he endorsed it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    The Warmachine: Tactics kickstarter is not related to us. Looks like it'd be fun though. I really like tactics games.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Khoryace said:

I figured out alot about the whole story. I will keep it short, but here's my theory.

It all started to puzzle me when Trent (Trent Oster) linked this on his Tweet. It was fairly short after the sad news we've heard about BGEE being pulled out of market from certain sellers.

This is what he linked
    It's a project that his "friend" is working on. But today, in a tweet, I seen something.

"Between TIG welding up a new exhaust for the race car on Sunday and modeling weapons in 3DS Max today, I'm feeling pretty productive. See the part "modeling weapons in 3DS Max today"?

He's obviously working on this project as well and putting all his available time into it. They gave 1 month to fulfill the amount of money needed to start the project, which they set up to 550 000$. It is now 100% over what they were expecting and might end up with 200%.

Now, I remember something very weird also. Trent called himself a liar. It's not a joke. In the first days, he said that he was a very good liar or something. (Commenting on the sale going temporary off) So maybe not paying the % he owes was intentional, as in not having the money to pay.

My conclusion/theory.
    I think Trent had the great idea of turning the tides here. As what we know happened to BG:EE and it's further production, he had the idea to introduce one of his friend project as the tempest was not over. It was really a good idea since so many people are coming to the forums since we know about that because we all love BG:EE and want BGEE2 and a patch... etc...

So since the "WARMACHINE: TACTICS" project seems to be on rail and already have 100% backers more than predicted and on it's way to 200%, I wouldn't surprised some of that money being used to finally buy the BG:EE parts from Atari.

10 more days for the pledging guys. I suspect an announcement within the next 15 days. Let's see if I'm right.

I like people who make seemingly-wild theories because I like daring actions and even though you were wrong about the "liar-thing" it was Insightful to me.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2013
    Khoryace said:

This is what he linked

My conclusion/theory.

...Huh?

Ooh I get it :D

I don't get any of it...

In that case... they're working on a sequel to Vigilante 8, with former members of Luxoflux. I mean, Trent practically tells us in his tweet that Overhaul has secretly been working on a car combat game. It's probably 'Vigilante 8 - 3: Electronica'. The plot takes place a decade or so in the future where the electric car industry is rising. To keep oil prices high, the main villain (erm, let's say an adult Molo) begins to sabotage electric car factories for the remnants of OMAR run by a shadowy figure (who may well be a returned Sid Burn). By this time, Convoy has passed away and his niece Sheila gathers a new generation of Vigilantes to fight the Coyotes once again.

From his tweet, we can also guess that Minsc and Boo and Jan are hidden characters.
    Minsc and Boo ride a motorcycle with a sidecar, while Jan flies a gyrocopter and has an adorable little incendiary device he calls a turnip gun! :3

LOL I said SEEMINGLY-wild, not LSD-induced :D

Fredjo said:

LOL I said SEEMINGLY-wild, not LSD-induced :D

XD

But Boo would be wearing tiny motorcycle goggles. Cute! :3
    I eat hamsters for breakfast so the goggles would be in the way, but yeah I agree he'd be adorable.... for a moment
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    One of my top secret inside sources says you're dead wrong.

• raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2013
    ajwz said:

OK, here's my theory:

- Canada is plotting WW3.

What a fucking dummy.
    And what is your evidence for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQdvYFMBAU

... O_o oh nvm...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I didn't realize that Trent was a weapons model. I wonder if they'll have a spread of him in WQ (Warrior's Quarterly) or if it will only show up on page three of the Akathla Sun (the famous Page Three Guy).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    ajwz said:

- Canada is plotting WW3. Releasing the next patch for bg:ee is the final stage

How did you know about Operation Arctic Shrew?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    At least nobody mentioned aliens this time...
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    Well, I was right about 1-2 week after Warmachine tactic was over on kickstarter they could pay their debt. Now they're on sale again.
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    Ayways, seems like the patch isn't ready but we could change my statement from "when the patch will be ready" to "when the sale lock will be removed" easily...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Dorn would be heavy metal guy with lots of incoherent noise.
    Shar Teel would be industrial metal.
    Jaheira would have some ominous non-descript theme (like Chassey from V8:2).
    Viconia would surprise everyone by being disco. DARK disco. :u
    Aerie would be some sort of upper class person (ie. harp music) with just a hint of circus music.
    Nalia and Imoen would be pop rock (see Rollerqueen theme).
    Rasaad would be country music and he would square dance a little. :3
    Jan would be techno. :D

*-) hmm what else?

Oh! :D And Xan would drive a retro flying saucer and people would think he's a robot. n.n His music would sound like a funeral march. ._.

Jaheira would be world.
    Khalid would be elevator music.

I think it will be released on the same day we get a forum Announcement that it is... Pretty sure there is a correlation there.

Wow just wow... I have no words on how insightful this is. @reedmilfam 's wisdom is clearly above 18 :)
    mlnevese said:

Wow just wow... I have no words on how insightful this is. @reedmilfam 's wisdom is clearly above 18 :)

@mlnevese - Ahh, no. High wisdom implies keeping one's mouth shut when snarkiness creeps in. Based on my real life choices and the like, I'm not seeing myself as uber high in WIS. Besides, if I were, I could cast cure light wounds and stuff. Which would be cool. Oh, and Sanctuary - I can definitely think of times when that would be helpful. Like, for instance, if I forgot to take out the trash after my wife asked me to. Eventually, she finds out and, well... Sanctuary (and cure light wounds) could really be handy.
    @reedmilfam Maybe you just need to dual class... or maybe you dual classed and has not recovered your previous powers yet :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I don't think dual classing effects your wisdom score mlnevese ;)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Well if your wife is getting after you I wouldn't worry about your WIS score, I'd worry about your CHA...
    @Wiggles - More worried about my HP, but yah ::)
    IchigoRXC said:

I don't think dual classing effects your wisdom score mlnevese ;)

@IchigoRXC

I know... just commenting about his lack of clerical powers ;)