Skip to content

Fights You Dislike the Most

13»

Comments

• IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    Sirens are pain in the ass too. They rain Charm on you. And when you are trying to take them down from off the screen + a hidden thief to see them they suddenyl starts to run around in all directions accidently spoting my party...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    bengoshi said:

@the_spyder
    Did you mean "badly" in the same terms Viconia understands this word? The fights you talk about... personally I like them!

I am guessing that you aren't married or you would know the answer.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I usually backtrack up the Nashkel mines rather than taking the bottom floor exit, specifically so that I take no chances whatsoever on running into those Amazons before I'm good and ready, with lots of Web, Silence, and Hold Person ready to go. AoE crowd control spells make that fight way more manageable. It's still slightly dangerous for a no-reload, though, if the cleric manages to get a spell off - either Rigid Thinking or Hold Person can end your no-reload status if it catches your Charname.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The "Amazons" you speak of can be a tough battle if you aren't prepared for them but they are easily avoided. And what I find to be the easiest is to have my thief sneak in behind the wizard and back-stab her for the combat starter. The rest of the battle tends to be on the easier side from then on. You should be at least 3rd level by that time anyway so....

But yeah, it can be a PITA if you aren't prepared or expecting it. I personally find the battle in town to be much harder.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I dont like the random groups of shadows/ shadow fiends and wraiths you get alot in bg2.
    They are so weak it's almost worth attack moving through them, but on occasion they can randomly inflict a level drain on you or hold and stun a mage to death so they can be really annoying

Also, yuan-ti mages who all cast stoneskin twice -.-
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Yeah the Greater Wolfwere or whatever is friggin' annoying.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2013
    [begin Shatner impression] KAHRK! KAAAHHHHHRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK!!! [/end Shatner impression] ;-)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013

I hate the illithid city. It is by far my least favorite part of both games.

I love Illithid city. My favourite part is when I massacre them all (after doing all the quests I can) even though I know I can get more experience not doing so. Its more out of principle really :D
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited July 2013

My Name is Doreen, i am so happy because a great spell caster helped me with a spell that brought my ex back. Do you need a spell to bring your ex back then contact Doctor Zaza now via email: indiaspellcaster@hotmail.com

Doctor Zaza was a pretty tough fight, too. Nowhere near as bad as Mulahey.

What I don't like about Mulahey, is the stupid kobold/skeleton spawning nonsense. :| I'm always like, "Boy, I said BOY, you are wearing THIN on my medication!" when he does that.

Also the one I would get more frequently in vanilla between areas, where half-ogres. :(

BG II, the fight against Dig Dag.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    In ToB, any fight where they pull that bullshit spawning directly on top of you until you do something. Its so dumb.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2013
    Improved vampires from SCSII. Those rats they summon are just so damn annoying, especially since they seem to have way too much for hp for being... rats. I might have to uninstall this component.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Everything on werewolf island. :|
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Trolls. Just takes to long and requires too much micro management
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Weak respawning enemies. Temple Sewers in BG2 are a prime example where a bunch of little kobolds/goblins appear just to set off auto-pause.
    Even for the non-respawning weakling varieties, we need an attack-move function just so that time doesn't need to be wasted.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    elminster said:

I love Illithid city. My favourite part is when I massacre them all (after doing all the quests I can) even though I know I can get more experience not doing so. Its more out of principle really :D
    Are you talking about theh drow city? You would really have to go out of your way to avoid eliminating the ithilids after they trap you.
    ajwz said:

Trolls. Just takes to long and requires too much micro management

Trolls are highly annoying to me especially because I regularly run into the bug where if you damage them too quickly they don't fall down so I have to manually move the party away from the troll so it will fall and then finish it off. Too cumbersome.

The SCS version of trolls get pretty challenging as well.
    AHF said:

elminster said:

Are you talking about theh drow city? You would really have to go out of your way to avoid eliminating the ithilids after they trap you.
    It was late at night and evidently I wasn't thinking properly :D

Is the Illithid "city" really a city though? Its seems more like a large dungeon.
    elminster said:

AHF said:

elminster said:

Is the Illithid "city" really a city though? Its seems more like a large dungeon.
    I'm not sure what an Illithid city is supposed to look like so I can't help you there. I take it as being their home base with the end fight entity and some manufacturing going on there. Obviously no merchants or places for visitors (other than where you start) so it is a bit tough to compare.
    AHF said:

elminster said:

AHF said:

elminster said:

I'm not sure what an Illithid city is supposed to look like so I can't help you there. I take it as being their home base with the end fight entity and some manufacturing going on there. Obviously no merchants or places for visitors (other than where you start) so it is a bit tough to compare.
    Apparently since it has an elder brain it does constitute an illithid city.
    elminster said:

AHF said:

elminster said:

AHF said:

elminster said:

Apparently since it has an elder brain it does constitute an illithid city.
    Good to know.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    elminster said:

AHF said:

elminster said:

One creature's dungeon is another creature's city! :D
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    The final werewolf guy for me this last playthrough. Went there too early and almost had to control-y the bugger.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    edited August 2013
    Original BG1: The Greater Wolfwere. It reminded me too much of playing a WoW raid. Tank tanking, healers spamming heals, everyone else standing around pretending to be useful.

SCS BG1: 'Improved Calls for Help' pulling every mob in Cloakwood Mines at once...

Original BG2: Trademeet/The Druid grove. The whole place. I'm so glad you can get it out of the way first thing and get Belm as a reward.

SCS BG2: Improved Ilyich. Everything else you at least have time to prepare for, not here.

Original ToB: The Oasis map; it's just such a pointless speed bump at that point.

SCS ToB: Fire Giants. Need I say more?
    Tyranus said:

Original BG2: Trademeet/The Druid grove. The whole place. I'm so glad you can get it out of the way first thing and get Belm as a reward.

This I agree with. I mean I like Trademeet as a town but the quests involved in it just aren't all that interesting. Maybe it would have helped if the town looked more like it was under siege (like Targos in IWD2 with all its taken apart buildings). Also I was always annoyed that Faldorn is protected (by the spirit of the grove) and you can't actually successfully kill her unless you challenge her.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    edited August 2013
    The scs2 version Demi-Lich in Watcher's Keep ... very difficult and not much reward for my party. Probably trivial if I level up a bit more but probably won't return. Will be trying ascension very soon for the first time I may have more to add in a bit, I go with improved everything in these mods but I only play on core difficulty atm.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I can't remember what they're called, but I really hate those invisible backstabbing things in the garden on the third sublevel of Durlag's Tower. They backstab out of nowhere, turn invisible during fights, and fight in an area covered in some pretty nasty traps. Give me Aec'Latec any day over those things.

Also, I don't know what you guys are talking about with the greater wolfwere. Yeah, he's annoying, but a wand of paralysis, a couple fighters wailing on him with the three weapons that can actually hurt him, and a mess of magic missiles from the mages usually finishes him off inside of three rounds.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    The assassin at the friendly arm inn at the start of the game. He's not hard now after all these years (I get xzar usually just for him to interrupt mirror image with a larlochs) but if he gets mirror image off, then he will get horror off and things get dicey. Also silke.
    edited August 2013

The assassin at the friendly arm inn at the start of the game. He's not hard now after all these years (I get xzar usually just for him to interrupt mirror image with a larlochs) but if he gets mirror image off, then he will get horror off and things get dicey. Also silke.

Now that you can just kill a non-hostile target and get the same XP you can just get a successful backstab off on either of those two. That should deal with tarnesh certainly and put silke down to more managable health (that is if you don't care about the potions of defence you could get involving yourself with silke's "problem" with the "thugs").