Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    I'm happy that game is againt on sale, and waiting fot the patch!!
  • siril_danasiril_dana Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    I'm happy for me. I can finish BG:EE and hope to play for the first time the second one.
    Post edited by siril_dana on
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    @decado May I assist you with my spellcasting?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You have no idea how happy I just became. :D
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    It's been awhile since I've posted on the forums, now. But I've been watching. Waiting.

I would check my Baldur's Gate bookmark (top of the list) every day or so, in hopes of some news.
    I tried not to visit the site too often, afraid I would get my hopes up, and learn it would be canceled officially.

It had happened to some of my favorite franchises. (StarCon) (Crimsonland) (Van Buren) (SC: Ghost)

Thank God I was wrong.

Congratulations Beamdog.
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    Ascerion said:

It's been awhile since I've posted on the forums, now. But I've been watching. Waiting.

I would check my Baldur's Gate bookmark (top of the list) every day or so, in hopes of some news.
    I tried not to visit the site too often, afraid I would get my hopes up, and learn it would be canceled officially.

It had happened to some of my favorite franchises. (StarCon) (Crimsonland) (Van Buren) (SC: Ghost)

Thank God I was wrong.

Congratulations Beamdog.

I'm still waiting for SC: Ghost...

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    @Mystic1987 We're all waiting for SC: Ghost (well, except those who don't but it's still a lot of people.)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorvaunTorvaun Member Posts: 1
    Ascerion said:

If by StarCon you mean Star Control, Stardock bought the rights in the Atari bankruptcy auction. I'd anticipate new movement on that front.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I did. They were going to create a game in the Star Control universe called StarCon, however. It was to be played in a 3d perspective, and the demo seemed to play like Descent.

I'm glad it was dropped, it looked and sounded terrible, but I miss not having anything at all, and Star Control 3 was abysmal.

Thank you for the news about Stardock, I will follow that closely. I wasn't a big fan of Sins, though.

I hope they correspond with Toys for Bob creator Paul Reiche II a little bit.

Makes me wonder if anyone else here remembers Star Control 2/Ur-Quan Masters.

If they get it right, I will certainly be a *happy camper*.
  • VishnuVishnu Member Posts: 66
    Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    This is fantastic news! I eagerly await the new patch and BG:EE 2. Awesome job guys!!
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    This is awesome news, now can we get the first game (never mind the second) released on Android before something else happens?
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Any news regarding the patch?
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    edited August 2013
    I have a question for developers: are there any plans to make the shapeshifter or shapeshifting in general more useful? The ability to cast spells while shapeshifted would be a huge boon. Adding a HLA werewolf shape in BG2 would be a good incentive to play the class too.

Edit: I just started a thread discussing the matter. I shouldn't have posted this here and I apologize.
    Post edited by Dragonfolk2000 on
  • tireal27tireal27 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Trent! Ive been playing BG since it first came out back in the '90s, so I was super excited to hear that it was being redone. I preordered it and have been loving it. I was incredibly sad to hear about the legal issues stopping the release of any more patches/ BG2, so I am very happy to hear that all htose problems are out of the way. You guys are doing great, keep up the good work!
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    hey, where is the patch?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We only just recently got back to work on it, so it will be a little while yet. We should have some more information soon about what's happening there.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited August 2013
    Well the OP by Trent was made almost a month before Atari forced you guys to stop the development. It's already been six months since the last patch, can't really blame people for starting to get a bit antsy! ;) Also could you give some idea when this "soon" is? This week?, next week?, before xmas?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Messi said:

Well the OP by Trent was made almost a month before Atari forced you guys to stop the development. Anyway it's already been six months since the last patch, can't really blame for people starting to get antsy! ;) Also could you give some idea when this "soon" is? This week, next week, before xmas?

In short, the answer is probably 'yes'. Particularly if you're not to concerned about what year's Christmas is within the 'before xmas' qualifier.

Snarkiness notwithstanding, I don't think they will give any hints or promises about release date because it's frankly not worth the trolling and crap that they'd take for missing the estimate. As a community, we gamers have caused this reticence to make implicit (or explicit) promises.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

Messi said:

Well the OP by Trent was made almost a month before Atari forced you guys to stop the development. Anyway it's already been six months since the last patch, can't really blame for people starting to get antsy! ;) Also could you give some idea when this "soon" is? This week, next week, before xmas?

In short, the answer is probably 'yes'. Particularly if you're not to concerned about what year's Christmas is within the 'before xmas' qualifier.

Snarkiness notwithstanding, I don't think they will give any hints or promises about release date because it's frankly not worth the trolling and crap that they'd take for missing the estimate. As a community, we gamers have caused this reticence to make implicit (or explicit) promises.
    I wasn't really refering the patch date, but rather to the "more information" part.
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    I kinda figured it was about ready to release before all this legal business...hopefully I'll get to actually play some before Uni starts up again, or at least before Christmas.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Dee said:

I have it on good authority that the patch will be released before the heat death of the universe.

So, there's that.

Wow... Hum... That... precise!
    Next time... could you be a little less precise? Please? :)

Joke aside, even if I am eagerly awaiting it's release, I don't really want a half baked patch... Yes, it's been a while since last patch but with everything I've read about it, it's should be big!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I know I know that you know that I know, but do you really know that I know that you know that I know?
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited August 2013
    @Dee Not to be needy or pushy, but if you could just tell us that it will be hopefully out in 1-1,5 months, I would still kiss your feet in a gloriously thankful way. With exquisite manners of course. And without any hint of sexual harassment.

Edit: On the other hand, I'm just realising, how much I love coming here almost everyday, crossing my fingers while waiting for the page to load...
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    edited August 2013
    See my 2nd or 3rd post in "BG:EE Back on Sale" and then see Phillip's reply at the top of the 3rd page.

You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.