Skip to content

BG:EE Back on sale!

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    oh men this is great! BGEE back on sale, new patch coming soon, new version of SCS already released, we can keep dreaming of BG2EE...

I'm going to hang out with friends and have some beers to celebrate :)
    JLeetrue_shinkenJuliusBorisov
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Cool! Will I be the first person to ever complete BG and BG:EE, AND BG2:EE without ever playing a even a third the way through BG2? Let's find out...
    TheGrapeTyphlosion
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    thank youuuuuuuu! :D:D:D

elminster[Deleted User]FlashburnWiggles
  • DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    This is awesome news :) Cant imagine how relieved you guys must feel.

Looking forward to BG2:EE now!
    JLee
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Huzzah!
    SpaceInvader
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
    elminsterSniiiimondiggerbJuliusBorisov
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    the new patch with the new ui when comes out?. But im rly happy to see that atari are destroyed now. However, im waiting also for BG2:EE i want to play with both versions, likes big world. It's possible to make a big world like thing for the EE versions?. That would be nice.
    jamoecw
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    hoping & praying BG2ee comes out soon...for the record, i play on a Mac & have had zero...ZERO...interface & bug problems...excepting the Tethtoril bug @ the very beginning...
    congrats to Beamdog & glad it has worked out ok for everyone
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Decado

Ya I got that email from GoG earlier.

Still this proves that when it comes to Boo versus Evil. Boo wins!
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    lol, i've been away for about 6 months, and just got back to see if bg2:ee was released yet.

saw that it was 'cancelled' or on hold, and now it's back to work again, so an emotional hour for me.

any word on when we should expect it though? not sure how long the delay has been, i've been enjoying bg:ee and my ps3 lately while i wait for the new game. :P
    Fredjo
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    this is so good im almost happy and thats not something i say lightly
    JLee
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to all you devs. For now I am satisfied with knowing I can resume looking forward to the new patch.

I mean, considering how everything's been solved relatively fast, don't wanna push my luck too far and all.
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37

Wiggles said:

Here's to hoping and congratulations guys. You earned it. Now go make my bachelor party a reality. :P

September 21st?

Oh I'm sure we can beat that.
    I'd say this gives us a pretty realistic timetable of patch launch. Also super happy that this got sorted out so promptly. Can't wait to be able to play on my laptop as well as my iPad (stupid intel chipset bugs).
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I was prepared for the worst. Good to hear that things are working out well.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Hooray!
  • laneislaneis Member Posts: 11
    hooray ! This is an awesome news. Keep up the good work guys
    elminster
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Why can't we see this fantastic news in the news section of the forum?
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Me happy now.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I forgot to ask something... will the fix for intel integrated graphics be developed any time soon?? playing on my laptop is as dreadful as finding a ogre magi sitting on my toilet when i go peeing during night
    [Deleted User]
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @Saradas, if I'm not mistaken, they did say that the next patch will include the new renderer, which will fix a lot of intel related issues.
    SaradasTJ_Hooker
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Ah yesss! Actually a very good news that :)

Means the last patch bgee should be legally possible AGAIN now (yeah? yes?! right?! )) ) , with the 'new great final stuffs/gui' and all.. would be a really excellent timing for me then.. after all.. :)

... actually, i am right now already having a summer unexpected little blast with 'my' (at last!) desired/planned bgee Bard Blade neo-initiatic curiosity run.. lost for lost, i could not resist anymore.. )) ..if only by curiosity with the very last official available patch now (2014)...and... indeed no more big bugs now with v.2014 for me right now... that's true. ^ ..and that is really surprisingly pleasing/perfectly playable all in all ^ (major bugs really removed for its class now..that's true..was not the case in december.. ^ )..surprisingly good and fun as such even.. for now !

... i was just wondering if/how i will have to eventually reinstall tutu/blabla etc only for bg2 and try an export bgee-->bg2(basic) for the end of the year.. if i really wanted to see again bg2 ending but in full polished big screen mode.. i heard the export files were compatible (right? right?! oh well.. i think/hope yes anyway.. but i think i read yes somewhere.. ^ )... not ideal but well, i could at least have had that way the end of his adventures.. and that nice little proustian madeleine effect again.. )

... but NOW... a new game future maybe starting again then ... not only final bgee patchs certainly possible now to finish the early excursions in bgee (would ALREADY BE NICE TO ALLOW THAT ATARI dudes.. a final good gesture before the final breath if death should happen soon..would be appreciated for the memories.. ^^) .. but maybe surely finish the little adventures after that (aka bg2/tob), at least for my current char final bardie destiny.. )) .. we could even maybe imagine now a possible bg2ee straight run after that for... december/early2014 (the bg2ee work/developpment seemed already well advanced from what i understood too..unexpected atari legal matters apart..well, at least what was said..) ?..

(obviously if ISON doesn't destroy now everything in the meantime at the end of the year.. but well, then, will not be the fault of Atari/Biothingie/ThingieDog/etc.. nor new team.. i guess... ^ ...the wrath of baal they said?.. yeah maybe.. till the end then.. ^^ *)) ).. :)

Well.. i have yet to see/imagine the dorn/neera/rasaad new trio eventual final destinies & interactions too (bg2ee)..just for the curiosity/sake of it/anecdotical smile too.. hurry up dudes if a 'new bg1ee gui' is just simply even possible before the new 'legal market' window end now.. if Atarii guys don't close definitvely the possibility thereafter.. but yes, an easy to boot/actualized multi new os bg2ee would be also really nice to finish the rework on the initial saga.. (not even talking about the planetscape, icewind that could be possibly similarily revamped too, etc..) ..

well, let's hope again now.. ^ .. plz shoot the last bgee patch at least quickly now!, hurry up, even if that would be the final 'legal' window occasion for only that anyway.. at least for the sake of bg1ee best possible conclusion! ^ and well.. good luck to all & everyone here and elsewhere )

Atariii.. old dead gods.. new gods.. isn't there tales like that in the old bg saga anyway?.. prophetical too?.. */ ..

&blas & end of summer cheers)

ps;
    at least, very nicely playable 'as such' last v2014 so far allowed me to report a little my new 'gamy too' GPU buy..i was hesitating between gtx760/770-likes 4gb or not (for skyrims&co), but avaibilities/prices were not the best/optimal right now... bgee1 solved the dilemna for the end of the summer at least..if only for that, thx anyway.. ))
    winsonsonho
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Saradas A new graphics renderer is being tested and it should solve most if not all of the Intel related problems.
    Saradas
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    @sunset00 lol.. Google translate? When teaching English in Korea I had to decrypt many of documents like this :D
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    BelgarathMTH
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Thunder said:

The Lord of Silence shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal patches. Joy will be sown from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

El oh El :)

congrats devs..back on track. Now come out and tell me your found the art assets for BG2 and the IWD series (headsplosion)

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Perfect news to come back from vacation to. Bad news is I just started a new game during the nights there and now the patch is coming :)
    BelgarathMTH
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    Wiggles said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!