Skip to content

Silent Let's play BG2 (insane+tactics/scsii mods) [Complete]

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited August 2013
    10thLich said:

Do you plan to try to wipe out the Ust Natha defenses? Provided you've installed the improved ones of SCS II of course.

10th

i am trying and failing

Pretty sure you can't actually wipe them out, they'll just keep spawning and spawning in increasing numbers until either your party or your PC dies.

it is possible
    Dexter said:

@zur312 can you post the statistics of some of the most overpowered items you can loot in planar sphere/improved assylum mods?
    And what about other rewards? I've seen that killing melanthrium (whatever the name) nets the party 1.5 million quest xp. It just seems an overkill. Are there other rewards like abilities or passive resistances?

i did reverse this 1.5kk exp reward my party would be too high level

he is giving me "sorcerer" special ability and that is 100dmg AOE spell but i am not using it
    also for some reason my paladin kensai/mage cleric are now called "sorcererrs" but this doesn't change anything (i leveled and still got only mage cleric paladin HLA) so it is probably something weird
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013
    items from planar sphere mod not every single item because i didn't find it on my save but still
    FULL ALBUM
    http://imgur.com/a/8Nd9W

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    It's sad that mod makers seem to feel so utterly compelled to make their items stupidly powerful. Not just one, two abilities, no, let's add so much stuff you need to scroll down to see it all! Same with the Solaufein sword, completely bonkers.

Why not make some items that actually fill underrepresented proficiencies? Items that are comparable to existing ones, with interesting choices between up-/downsides?

But no.... let's just add EVERYTHING onto one item, and see what happens.

:(

It's sad that mod makers seem to feel so utterly compelled to make their items stupidly powerful. Not just one, two abilities, no, let's add so much stuff you need to scroll down to see it all! Same with the Solaufein sword, completely bonkers.

Why not make some items that actually fill underrepresented proficiencies? Items that are comparable to existing ones, with interesting choices between up-/downsides?

But no.... let's just add EVERYTHING onto one item, and see what happens.

:(

i am actually quite cuirious they have the knowledge of making MODS they have the time of making this addons to this great game and than they are making funny overpowered stupidly godly items

WTH?

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    thank you @zur312
    wow, as I thought it's an overkill. I also saw a video in youtube where one dude killed the improved assylum party with a solo sorcerer using just incendiary cloud. That breudayael (the drow sorcerer) dropped a 'mystra robe' that was way too powerful as well, just as those items. Take a look, it's a fun 6 minutes-long video:

Not sure if I ever wanted to play this mods, they seem like final battles on their own. Besides, enemies usually have lots of illegal spells/resistances/abilities but little to no brains to use them, and so the fights are usually way too hard unless you use large amounts of cheese.
    I prefer enemy mages to be smart (but whitin the rules), and kill them using my own magic. I guess that's why I think SCSII is the very best mod out there, both conceptually and implemented

anyway even though I've never played those mods, I've enjoyed your videos
    edited August 2013
    he had older version of improved asylum and my version was bugged to infinity so i couldn't kill him while he was meleeing me with staff (no spells) wth?!?!?

i am not using any of those overpowered items because the game would be too easy but fighting hardcore enemies is fun sometimes
    Dexter
    While the items may be completely broken, the fights themselves are actually quite well done mostly. They do bend the rules somewhat in terms of stats, resistances, spells and such, but they are far from brainlessly scripted. As far as cheese goes, most of the more climactic fights at least don't allow for the more well-known cheese tactics; of course in the end it comes down to what you consider "cheese". There are very few instances where you can just use an "i-win" combo and roll over the encounter. The one you mentioned with Incendiary Cloud sounds very much like an oversight. I don't recall the SCS/Ascension boss battles to have something similar, and they can be challenging even for decked-out parties.

Of course, in the end this is just a game. With enough meta-knowledge, it is not terribly difficult to beat. For me, getting that knowledge and perfecting it is what's fun, even though I know there likely won't be a fight I'll run up against for hours. At least not anymore.
    edited August 2013
    well i think when you are ready the other fights are just plain simple
    now only 3 fights were complicated
    -melanthium planar sphere mod with his op stats and skills
    -breudayael improved asylum mod bugged indestructible
    -slightly improved drow killing all drows in ust natha 100-200 drows in waves with mages priestess demons golems

i can't kill ust natha i need to try other strategies
    edited August 2013
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 091-092-093 tactics scsii insane underdark Slightly Improved Drow siege of ust natha bonus fail

mod part "Slightly Improved Drow"

from scsii readme

"Notably, it also dramatically beefs up the defences of Ust Natha (as of version 8, this is an optional subcomponent). The place is a drow city, not the kind of place that even a 15th level adventuring party should be able to wipe out. Now, more defenders will continuously spawn. For the first twenty rounds or so, this will be disorganised, low-level groups. After that, the drow will get more organised and start sending serious war-parties against the party. Eventually truly powerful groups of mages and high priestesses will turn up.

IMPORTANT: this component is not intended to make the conquest of the drow city somewhat more interesting and challenging: it is meant to make it virtually impossible. I predict that it will be enormously difficult for any party to defeat all of the drow and conquer Ust Natha. The sane thing to do is to get out as soon as you can; even that will probably be a bit trickier than usual."

my 3 tries as bonus because i can not do this, my farthest was last weave but still couldn't kill them

I might have to give that a try. I usually do Underdark fairly early so I'm not very high level, but it does sound intriguing. I was always under the impression that they just kept spawning and spawning, but you are right in that it seems that it'll end eventually. Sounds like a fun challenge, though it'll also put quite a strain on the engine I imagine... last time I was there I was getting choppy framerates already after a few waves in...
    fps drop is unavoidable
    rather than trying to figur out ust natha siege i will skip it for now

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 094 tactics scsii insane ust natha adversaries u jelly?
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 095 tactics scsii insane lich deirex ust natha

this is cutscene kill improved haste 2x + undead killing mace on cleric
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 096 tactics scsii insane house Jae'llat ust natha
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 097 tactics scsii insane retrieve quilue's brain ust natha
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 098 tactics scsii insane escape from ust natha adalon kuo-ta prince
    almost too easy
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 099 tactics scsii insane Adalon underdark bonus
    in like 24hours(i think) i will be recording final SOA BATTLE that should be better than drows and fish ppl

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 100 tactics scsii insane escape from underdark kuo-ta demon knights trap drows
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 101 tactics scsii insane elhan githyanki silver blade escape from underdark
    this would be so much better fight if it wasn't so chaotic on my part lol and THAT narrow terrain

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 102 tactics scsii insane bohdi undead solaufein final battle
    pure RP

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 103 tactics scsii insane reviving solaufein
    @35:20 Dragon Fight not really epic
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 104 tactics scsii insane Nizidramanii'yt Shadow Dragon suldanesselar city
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 105 tactics scsii insane suldanesselar
    i can not record final fight in hell because it is bugged and nothing really works for fixing it i have only the "bugged" video that will be 1/3 of the final fight

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 106 tactics scsii insane irenicus at tree of life hell trials
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 108 tactics scsii insane improved Irenicus in hell SOA Final battle

SOA ending TOB beginning
    first TOB part

i am out of luck my hard drive is not working properly :(

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 111 tactics scsii insane Improved Illasera
  • OYMEOYME Member Posts: 36
    Just a tip for you if you didn't know. When fighting Yaga Sura, you can cross the bridge to get the fire giants spawning, but don't approach Yaga himself. Instead, you can fight off his entire army first. There is a lot of them, but they will eventually stop spawning. After that, quick save and cast wish to wish back all your spells, then save again. After that, go hit Yaga once then you get about 10 rounds to fully prepare. It's a bit of a cheap strategy and some may even call it an exploit, but if your struggling, that's the easy way to do it. The good thing about doing the fight this way is that your guaranteed to squeeze out every bit of XP (and gold from selling their gear) from everyone this way.
    Rahlik
    this is not that easy at least when i don't manage my party well ;P

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 112 tactics scsii insane bonus fail Improved Irenicus in Hell tactics-scsii remix
    OYME said:

Just a tip for you if you didn't know. When fighting Yaga Sura, you can cross the bridge to get the fire giants spawning, but don't approach Yaga himself. Instead, you can fight off his entire army first. There is a lot of them, but they will eventually stop spawning. After that, quick save and cast wish to wish back all your spells, then save again. After that, go hit Yaga once then you get about 10 rounds to fully prepare. It's a bit of a cheap strategy and some may even call it an exploit, but if your struggling, that's the easy way to do it. The good thing about doing the fight this way is that your guaranteed to squeeze out every bit of XP (and gold from selling their gear) from everyone this way.

thanks for the tip!
    sorry for not posting i need to fix things :(