The BG NPC project

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    FelipeH92 said:

I couldn't wait so I started a new game just with NPC from mods and the enhanced ones :) but I miss Boo
    :C

its soooooo hard not to take minsc for this reason and this reason alone
    FelipeH92
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    So... has the whole Atari mess affected the development of mods too? Haven't heard anything about BG1NPC since the takedown... :)
  • viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
    Curse, propably Atari cast curse on BGEE :P
  • prem0nitionprem0nition Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    @Shawne I wouldn't think so, unless the modders were using a beta of the unreleased patch to base their work on.

Personally, I think the delay has to do with WeidU, and the lack of support for the new journal in bgee. Word has it though that a beta version of WeidU has been released that plays nicely with the bgee journal, so we may, hopefully be seeing some sort of update on the mod soon(tm)
    StoneSwords
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180

@Shawne I wouldn't think so, unless the modders were using a beta of the unreleased patch to base their work on.

Personally, I think the delay has to do with WeidU, and the lack of support for the new journal in bgee. Word has it though that a beta version of WeidU has been released that plays nicely with the bgee journal, so we may, hopefully be seeing some sort of update on the mod soon(tm)

Well, here's me keeping my fingers crossed then. Waiting on this mod to be released is literally the one thing that has kept me from starting a BG:EE game
    Zaarin_2003
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Kaeloree said:

... it still needs a solid, uninterrupted chunk of time to finish. Fingers crossed I get that soon!

Cancel your holiday! And in return I will cancel mine to play BGEE when the mod is done. ;-)
    StoneSwordspekirtFredjoButtercheese
  • EldmoreEldmore Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    gl Kaeloree
    Post edited by Eldmore on
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited August 2013
    You rock @Kaeloree!
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111

Kaeloree said:

... it still needs a solid, uninterrupted chunk of time to finish. Fingers crossed I get that soon!

Cancel your holiday! And in return I will cancel mine to play BGEE when the mod is done. ;-)
    In fact, we'll all cancel our holidays to play BG:EE. One holiday cancelled versus many hundreds. Surely, @Kaeloree, you get the far better part of the deal. Right? Right?

*Rolls Bluff check*
  • SnakesonaskyshipSnakesonaskyship Member Posts: 38
    Eagerly waiting for this one... it is essential in my book. :)
    StoneSwords
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Yep, there's no BG1 without BGNPC. Thanks for your work Kaeloree. Hope you will be able to work around all the journal issues somehow!
    StoneSwords
    Well, time for my weekly "How's progress progressing for this mod?" I bet @Kaeloree sees me as an annoying gnat by now lol
    Stradlin
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    No update yet!
    albinocobraSchopenhauermch202
  • SnakesonaskyshipSnakesonaskyship Member Posts: 38
    Kaeloree said:

No update yet!

How about now? :O
    StoneSwordsStradlin
    he did say it wouldn't be long now in another thread I read over the weekend
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    This can take even longer cos if i'm not wrong the BG:EE path that is to come out doesn't solve the journal issue yet, so we will need to wait for even another future path without release date foreseen.
    i wish there was a dislike button for the comment above :/
    Why? I don't like it to but it's the truth man! I'm just stating info i got here in this forum :(!
    I wasn't getting on you or anything, I just dislike the info lol, sorry if that came out wrong, it was meant as a joke
    edited September 2013
    That means it's really coming along, good to hear @Kaeloree!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Happy dance!
    Kaeloree said:

@kamuizin I'm not sure what you're talking about -- the journal system has worked fine from release, it's just some of the existing journal entries that aren't working correctly. BG1NPC journal entries are done as of--last weekend, I think.

Yes, but wasn't a journal issue holding the project back a while ago? A problem between the journal and moded changes on it?
    Kaeloree said:

@kamuizin If you really, desperately want a percentage, I'd say roughly 95% of the work is done? Apart from rigorous testing and whatever bugfixing needs to happen after that. The journals are a major component, however, and they're a bigger issue than just BG1NPC -- a solution has to be found for all mods.

Awesome news!!! So when the beta tests begin?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin I'm gonna go with the usual 'SOOOOON', just in case.
    kamuizinAstroBryGuy
    nice, safe answer lol
This discussion has been closed.