Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2013
    Awong124 said:

Maybe it will turn out to not even be a she. Maybe it's just a very attractive man.

Or maybe they're breaking new ground by creating a transgendered NPC...oh wait.

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Mortianna said:

Awong124 said:

Maybe it will turn out to not even be a she. Maybe it's just a very attractive man.

Or maybe they're breaking new ground by creating a transgendered NPC...oh wait.

Post-op or pre-op?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Guys, guys. We all know about the cursed girdle, let's not get into this "So has she had the surgery yet?" stuff. If in doubt - it's magic, possibly related to a Nether Scroll/cursed girdle. 'Nuff said.
    So in d&d a sex change operation is done magically instead of surgically.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Or maybe s/he lives cross-gender without any desire for sex reassignment surgery/magic ritual.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Mortianna said:

Or maybe s/he lives cross-gender without any desire for sex reassignment surgery/magic ritual.

Far too disturbing to be true...

Mortianna said:

That would essentially just be a transvestite.
    Hmmm... So a transgender who doesn't want sexual reassignment must be a transvestite (I would assume this condition to be necessary, or else they wouldn't truly be trying to live the life of the opposite sex), but a transvestite isn't necessarily a transgender who doesn't want sexual reassignment.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited September 2013
    @Awong124 A transvestite is anyone who chooses to dress as the opposite gender. Someone who is *trans is dressing AS their gender, not the opposite gender.
    @LiamEsler

Just to clarify, when you say dressing as their gender, do you mean dressing as their biological gender or psychological gender?
    @Awong124 Chosen gender. A person with gender dysphoria identifies with a particular gender, which is considered their gender when referring to them. :)
    In that case, there are actually a few hypothetical situations that would be quite interesting. What if there was a trans person who was also a transvestite? They'd end up just wearing normal clothes for their biological gender. Or a trans person who was homosexual? Would they be heterosexual then?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Awong124 said:

In that case, there are actually a few hypothetical situations that would be quite interesting. What if there was a trans person who was also a transvestite? They'd end up just wearing normal clothes for their biological gender. Or a trans person who was homosexual? Would they be heterosexual then?

My mind has been boggled.
    @Awong124 I'm gonna shoot you a PM to stop cluttering the thread with irrelevant content!
    Yes, this is getting off topic, sorry.
    @Awong124 No problem! They're definitely questions worth asking. :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    For a minute there I saw 10 new posts and thougth something on Hexxat had been unveiled. I was deceived by social justice talk.

There are worse things in life, though.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    lol Agreed

Trans is a topic I avoid like the plague because I do not understand it and I always end up accidentally saying something wildly offensive due to my ignorance. It is a very complicated subject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Yes, yes, this is all quite informative.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326

No no no! :p

A transvestite is someone who wears vestments -- like the pope! :u

Basically, all priests are transvestites! ^_^

Sheesh... you guys don't know anything, do yeh? ^-^ Lucky I'm around.

You forgot the "trans-"

So they are people that wear vests and can move.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited September 2013
    So basically this:

Post edited by alnair on
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @alnair Leave the poor guy alone, he's an easy target. Pun fully intended.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Corvino All right, I'll leave him be, but "poor" is definitely not the right word here :)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    This is awesome news, now I don't have to worry abouy having a bg2 rogue for my all evil start to finish party!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Awong124 said:

Quartz said:

Well we could call Minsc "bland" because he's "just a ranger" but we know better than that, don't we?

No. No I don't. I seriously fail to see what is so captivating about Minsc. Dumb benevolent brute who has an affinity for furry animals? He's a cliché.
    Not to mention a bully who tries to kill you if you don't help him, like you owe him something.

This can't be understated. I was stunned when he tried to MURDER me because I was being insensitive to his plight.

A. Real men don't need their hand held when questing to save their woman.

B. Good people don't murder people in cold blood when they don't get their way.

C. BG1 rangers may use two weapong style now, why are they still wasting their training on two handed weapons?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Lateralus said:

C. BG1 rangers may use two weapong style now, why are they still wasting their training on two handed weapons?

Its good because it gives people a choice for whether they want to use the ranger (particularly Minsc) as a two-handed weapon fighter or a fighter who dual-wields.

Edit: In any case this is really off topic.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    A) seems like Minsc is not a .... real man anymore
    B) Being a berserker allows you to do this kind of shit ... remember, even Wolverine is regarded as a "hero"
    c) because SWORDS, NOT WORDS! (btw - intelligence 8)

No no no! :p

A transvestite is someone who wears vestments -- like the pope! :u

Basically, all priests are transvestites! ^_^

Sheesh... you guys don't know anything, do yeh? ^-^ Lucky I'm around.

I thought transvestites were just people who liked to wear vests inside out.