Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Color me pre-ordering BG2:EE!!

Dumb question, maybe, will we be able to add mods, e.g., Unfinished Business, Dungeon Be Gone, etc?

My 2 cents on the 25 bucks price tag: It was just a few short years ago when games like Baldur's Gate were dropping out of sight. It was the end of a great era. And it got trickier all the time to install the games on new OS's so they'd play right. But we did it anyway because we loved the WORLD of those games.

So to me, it's totally worth $25. New content, improved graphics, simple install.. and the chance for a Baldur's Gate III.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    "Your order has been processed successfully" - Yeah!!!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Let's not get bent out of shape on the release date of this patch until we actually pass by the current estimate. Last we heard, it was early/mid September. This IS mid-September. For all we know, we'll have a patch tomorrow.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    What is the Bachelor party anyway?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    Gawdzilla said:

Color me pre-ordering BG2:EE!!

Dumb question, maybe, will we be able to add mods, e.g., Unfinished Business, Dungeon Be Gone, etc?

My 2 cents on the 25 bucks price tag: It was just a few short years ago when games like Baldur's Gate were dropping out of sight. It was the end of a great era. And it got trickier all the time to install the games on new OS's so they'd play right. But we did it anyway because we loved the WORLD of those games.

So to me, it's totally worth $25. New content, improved graphics, simple install.. and the chance for a Baldur's Gate III.

i couldnt agree more. ive been saying basically the same thing on every thread i can, the 25$ isnt JUST for BGII:EE its for the future possibility of BG3. which is worth so much more than 25$ to me... i wish that there was a place to donate money to beamdog/ overhaul. (whoever decides if they will make bg3.) cause i would work and slave some overtime at work just to make donations to such a cause, lol. consider me a fanatic.

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Paulg
    Consider me a fanatic as well. Let's establish a BG cult or something. And all proceeds will go directly to the development of BG3
    Illustair said:

@Paulg
    Consider me a fanatic as well. Let's establish a BG cult or something. And all proceeds will go directly to the development of BG3

hell yea! ill bring the coolaid! >:) the BG series in my religion, and the manuals have been my bible for years. ive never done so much reading as i have for these two series. since there LAUNCH.

P.S. these threads are no exception to ^ that post. so. much. reading. im here every few hours just to keep up. and i get stuck here for hours! i love everything BG related.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Madhax said:

Let's not get bent out of shape on the release date of this patch until we actually pass by the current estimate. Last we heard, it was early/mid September. This IS mid-September. For all we know, we'll have a patch tomorrow.

Uh... you're aware that the open beta hasn't started yet, right?
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    shawne said:

I'm quite dissapointed with that ... was expecting to play with the pach before bg2ee :(
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Dee said:

Anything that deals with variables you've already triggered, or specific creature abilities--Rasaad's kit, for example, or Firebead's scroll quest in Candlekeep--will not take effect until you start a new game.

What if I have an old save where I had not meet Rasaad yet (or rather, not entered Nashkel at all)? Would he have the new kit if I continue that game after the patch is out?
    Arctic said:

I'm quite dissapointed with that ... was expecting to play with the pach before bg2ee :(

Well, you'll probably want to wait on BG2:EE until it's been patched a few times, so that might actually work out for you. :)
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I have the feeling that all the 'haters' in this forums play, or gonna play, BG and BG:EE (1 and 2) the most.

They are just trolling because they think they know best and for the attention.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    shawne said:

Madhax said:

To be fair the early-mid September date was for the open beta, not the patch. I would expect the actual patch ~2 weeks after the beta starts (just my guess).
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    it's nice to see this self-centric "where is our patch" brabble here ...
    if beamdog said "it will be there in very late 2014, we'll just take our time!", first the fans would get mad, and more important, anyone having his money in this (that is the license owners, business-partners, banks, etc.) would go even more mad.
    so announcing dates that might or might not be realistic to reach is the better choice beamdog can make, as it keeps attention and hopes higher than the other way around.
    @BelegCuthalion: The flip-side of that approach is that eventually you hit the point of diminishing returns - cry wolf enough times and no one's going to care when you actually have something important to say.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    for sure, yes. but the upset is delayed for overhaul, giving them yet some time needed (it's not about the fans, but about the men in suits).
    and while the "wolf" example ends in a desaster, the "patch" reality results in a released patch somewhen in future, that will make good and almost forgotten everything happened before.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    LiamEsler said:

I just want to point out that there are no "men in suits" holding back the patch release. We decided to hold it back, because we wanted to be absolutely sure what we were giving you was satisfactory. :)

So is it satisfactory enough for you?
  • Seaker42Seaker42 Member Posts: 8
    Even though I'm really looking forward to the patch, I'd rather wait until your comfortable with the quality.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @LiamEsler well high standard is a good thing but I do hope that you guys not going on prefect because there is no such thing ;) but close to it that what I bet u are aiming for so keep up the good work and thank you for doing it for all of us :)
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    BG2EE on way, BGEE bugged as hell.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Okay I ponied up for one copy of BG 2, waiting to buy more copies this time until the smoke clears after release. Really just want the patch for BG 1 so the wife and I can reroll some characters and get going for the import to BG 2. Keeping fingers crossed, and low expectations this time around. Seems the prudent thing to do. On a completely off topic note, anyone tried out the pnp module for Baldur's Gate? The wife, kids and myself have been playing the D&D board games of late, and I think the eight year old is ready for a more serious adventure...
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    LiamEsler said:

I just want to point out that there are no "men in suits" holding back the patch release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLPOx8rk1io
  • CHAwCHAw Member Posts: 17
    LiamEsler said:

I just want to point out that there are no "men in suits" holding back the patch release. We decided to hold it back, because we wanted to be absolutely sure what we were giving you was satisfactory. :)

I for one am glad you are taking this stance. I much prefer waiting a while for a good patch that fixes major issues without creating new ones to a more frequent series of sloppy patches that break more than they fix.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    LiamEsler said:

@kaguana Our "satisfactory" is a fairly high bar. ;)

Really? Wouldn't really say that after the missing promised new movies, still missing mutliplayer and other stuff which still keeps me from playing after a year. My estimate: the beta will start somewhere in October, maybe even November, and BG2EE will be delayed.

This discussion has been closed.