Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    One days done 101 saves test , may I think step one is at least need one week ?
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    3 mails/saves sent. Just to check, all the zips are meant to be called Save Game Test?
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    darrenkuo said:

One days done 101 saves test , may I think step one is at least need one week ?

It must be a game.

• drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Sent!
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    and emails are out:)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Just sent out 12 emails.

Do you guys need me to start 400 new games and send them to you? 'Cuz you know, I really want that beta to be out. :)
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Well, I would have loved to have sent you guys some but my hard drive fizzled. Me being the genius that I am, I didn't have my save files backed up. (Insert facepalm and community ridicule here). As soon as I get my new computer I'll help however I can, though!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

Well, I would have loved to have sent you guys some but my hard drive fizzled. Me being the genius that I am, I didn't have my save files backed up. (Insert facepalm and community ridicule here). As soon as I get my new computer I'll help however I can, though!

I just started using Google drive 2 weeks ago. For $5 a month I back up 100gb of family photos, videos, school work, and baldurs gate save files!

Keep sending your save games in ladies and gents!
  • upi00rupi00r Member Posts: 91
    Just want to know one thing, please. Will the new GUI be in HD resolution?
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    maybe I am asking too much... but I try...
    there will be some change on druid spells in this new patch? I ask because I like druids very much, but the selection of spells in the first BG is kind of poor...

and another question: how do I know if the save I sent it was good? it was xp uncapped, and probably I installed the tweak pack long ago. If it's a good save game I have 3 or 4 more to send!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    maxi said:

maybe I am asking too much... but I try...
    there will be some change on druid spells in this new patch? I ask because I like druids very much, but the selection of spells in the first BG is kind of poor...

and another question: how do I know if the save I sent it was good? it was xp uncapped, and probably I installed the tweak pack long ago. If it's a good save game I have 3 or 4 more to send!

It loaded fine, but the tests are only useful to us if the saves are clean. If you don't have any clean saves that's okay, we'll get there, it just might take a little longer.
    Quick update: We just finished our 200th successful test. Only 300 more to go, so keep those saves a-comin'!
  • Will the new multiplayer service which is to come with the next patch make use of a NAT Traversal server? (Meaning a server which you connect to transparently like to a VPN server to circumvent NATs)

Without it, 3G/4G players will likely not be able to play.
  • starskystarsky Member Posts: 44
    I hope you're working on the weekend Dee lol. ~100 saves a day is cool with me. Only 3 days to go :D

Maybe I can help with the hardware tests?

I would like to send you saves but I only play edited saves.
  • Dee said:

Will the new multiplayer service which is to come with the next patch make use of a NAT Traversal server? (Meaning a server which you connect to transparently like to a VPN server to circumvent NATs)

Without it, 3G/4G players will likely not be able to play.

Yes. :)
    NICE! :D Then count me in the open MP beta. (I got LTE/4G only because I live in a very rural area)
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Wouldn't it make sense to do this thing in a more staggered way. Ie. give us the details what you want from us for the hardware compatibility part already. So when you finish the save thing you already got big pile of hardware "thingies" waiting to be tested.
  • gmargarogmargaro Member Posts: 2
    Ok, 4 saves sent.
    - Clean game (I just deleted and redownloaded it to make sure than no mods are left)
    - Just one thing, Alaric the Paladin made the tutorial before starting his aventuring life, and kept some equipement with him. Does it affect the tests ?

Big thanks to all of you at Beamdog, it's a pleasure to journey with Minsc, Bouh, Imoen, and all the company again.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    I'm running the Steam version - would a save from that be acceptable?

Have to say it's a depressing state of affairs that this is the first real transparency we've seen, and that a full year later we're still waiting on Android. BG2:EE for Android in 2016?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2013
    Nevermind, figured it out.
    Just a quick update: we've reached 300 saves tested!

...And we're running out of saves to test! Send us your saves!

Preferably saves post-Chapter 1; we've gotten plenty of Candlekeep saves, but not a whole lot from the latter portions of the game. Keep 'em coming!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Dee I could send you my Quick Save and Auto Save but you said you have enough of those. If you change your mind just give a word:)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2013
    hm, i changed alignment of the PC with EEkeeper at one point. would those saves still qualify?
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    @Cahir
    What if u load ur Quick Save and save it under a different name?)))
    Don't know though if it's okay for testing or not.
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    Just sent another 15... and that's all I got. There's a couple from Candlekeep in there but I think most are from later on. Would it help if I started generating more saves from later chapters or would that just be redundant?
  • trinit said:

hm, i changed alignment of the PC with EEkeeper at one point. would those saves still qualify?

@trinit: Nope, they are invalid.
    Jalily said:

Madhax said:

Do files altered with EEkeeper count as "modded"?

Yes.
This discussion has been closed.