Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

1789101113»

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

Flashburn said:

Tiny observation: Gold picked up off the ground via the inventory screen rather than the search box makes a small 'clink' when clicked instead of being silent like it's always been.

Is that a problem?
    Hah, of course it isn't. This is already the patch to end all patches, but its the little things like that that make me think, "Wow, they really DID think of everything!"
    I definitely prefer the new, woody "clink" sound over the old, tinny one. Yes, I said "tinny." Any chance of it becoming the default picking-up-gold sound?

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I've just downloaded the update to the beta and I've had two issues with the journal which I hadn't noticed previously.

First, the entry headings are misaligned - notice that the "Important Events" wording is written over the "Prologue" title.

Shortly after taking that screenshot, I tried to move the scroll bar at the right side of the journal, and everything that was shown above just disappeared and wouldn't come back. Not only that, but nothing I did after that (i.e: completing quests) would create new entries, except ones that I wrote in myself. Basically, the Prologue section of the journal just stopped working.

When I moved on to Chapt. 1, new entries began appearing in the Chapt 1. section of the journal, but the Prologue section remained blank.
    I've also noticed that when i click on different party members in quick succession, only one is able to speak at a single time. In the non-beta version, each member would continue to say his line even when another character was speaking.

Here's an example of what I mean:

*clicks on Xzar*
    "Stoooooooooppppp touchi--" *clicks on Montaron*
    "You spoke at --" *clicks on Imoen*
    "You're all buffle h--" *clicks on Xzar*
    "Your voice is amb--" *clicks on Montaron*
    ...etc.

In the non-beta, each would continue to say his or her line even when I'd clicked on another character.
    When I'm exploring the region where Chapt. 1 begins (the ambush site), it seems that I can hear the sounds of the water against the cliffside no matter where I am on the map. I checked the non-beta version and this is present on there as well.

Should this be the case? - or shouldn't I only be able to hear the water as I get near it?
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited October 2013
    Haven't gotten an e-mail yet, sent Dee one about a week ago, now. Not sure if my particular set-up has been tested, or if I got my information wrong. Technical specifications as follows:

Phase II (Email Subject)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUS), ~2.2GHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4770
    Current Experience: Works perfectly! No slowdowns at 45 FPS.

Did I do something wrong? Was I too late to send it out or something? (October 1st)
  • Ascerion said:

Haven't gotten an e-mail yet, sent Dee one about a week ago, now. Not sure if my particular set-up has been tested, or if I got my information wrong. Technical specifications as follows:

Phase II (Email Subject)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUS), ~2.2GHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4770
    Current Experience: Works perfectly! No slowdowns at 45 FPS.

Did I do something wrong? Was I too late to send it out or something? (October 1st)

Probably already had someone with a similar setup testing, or else they just wanted to test more configurations that were having issues. I sent in an email with a similar rig and didn't get a response; I'm certainly patient enough to wait.

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Ascerion
    Dee said:

Initially I planned on responding to everyone, but there's a lot more to go through than I anticipated, so unfortunately I can only respond to people as I provision them. If you haven't heard anything for a couple of days, it's probably because of one of the following:

1) You didn't follow the instructions, or you left out one or more pieces of information;
    2) We've received enough input from people with your system configuration and don't need to test it further;
    3) I haven't gotten to your email yet.

So if you haven't heard back, check to make sure that you send me everything correctly. If you did everything correctly, then just be patient; I'm going through the list steadily, but I'm giving priority to those with unusual systems, followed by those who are currently unable to play.

• AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @Kaigen

Right, that's what I was thinking. Figured I'd ask in case someone spotted a problem in my E-mail that I didn't see.

@Basillicum

Yes, I read that, thank you. I was asking in reference to 1) "Left out pieces of information." I am trying to be patient. After 6 days, with no response, not even an automated "I'm sorry, your current configuration has already been tested.", I was sure I screwed something up.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Ascerion

All right. I'm sorry if it seemed like anything else than a friendly reminder. Couldn't be sure if you'd read it already. :)

Anyway, the way I interpret his post I'm thinking anyone falling into option 2 won't get a response.
This discussion has been closed.