Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i can confirm that autopause (when enemy sighted) was the cause of black screen in random encounter.

i think this happened before also...
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    trinit said:

i can confirm that autopause (when enemy sighted) was the cause of black screen in random encounter.

i think this happened before also...

No I think this is new and originates in the reduced loading times of the areas. The first time it happened to me I was rather worried that something bad happened until I hit space bar to end the pause.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2013
    Jalily said:

Milo said:

2 - I'm playing a berserker and am totally new to the class, so I am unfamiliar with the Rage ability. I used it to prevent Tarnesh from fearing me. Took him out without losing any health, and waited for the ability to expire, expecting to go from 28/28 health back to my normal 13/13. Instead I was knocked unconscious and awoke at 1/13 health. Is that working correctly?

Yes. The health loss actually happens after you lose your temporary HP. However, this would normally kill low-level characters, so it was changed to knocking them unconscious.
    This doesn't make sense to me. I even take damage from rage when I don't take combat damage at all. When you gain 15hp from rage, shouldn't you lose 15hp at most when rage ends?

Anyway, not sure if this is beta specific at all. I don't have experience with rage from before.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    This is not beta specific... It's in the D&D ruleset... The rage effect gives you bonuses (as +15hp) but when the rage is over, it removes those bonuses... But I don't know the exact way it works (my dungeon master might help!) but like the "aid" spell (I think it's that one anyway) the hp you gain is retracted at the end...
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2013
    See that's the thing, it doesn't only remove the bonus at the end, it also deals an additional 15 damage to the character. That's what doesn't click with me, seeing as the rage-end effect should just be fatigue. If it's not beta-specific I'll drop the issue though.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I just notice this little mess in the journal, last entry suppose to be last no ? instead it in one before last

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Did you rest while still enraged?
    I remember a bug where, if you rest while enraged, you loose 15 point after the berseker status ended and after the HP were already set to 13, so you arrive at -2.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Certainly the old Berzerker kit shouldn't have done this - you lose only the bonus HP, you don't take more damage as well, so this has either been changed punitively (making it pretty dangerous for low levels to berzerk) or there has been an error by the devs.

Original Berzerker description:

Advantages: May use "Enrage" ability once per day per 4 levels. The enraged state lasts 60 seconds and grants a +2 bonus to hit and damage, a 15 HP boost and a -2 bonus to AC. Enraging also grants immunity to charm, hold, fear, maze, imprisonment, stun, confusion, feeblemind, level drain and sleep. (Note: The bonus HP is lost at the end of the enraged state, potentially killing the berserker).
    Disadvantages: Becomes winded after berserking, reciving a -2 to hit and damage penalties, and a +2 AC penalty. Can only become proficient in ranged weapons (no more than 1 proficiency point).
    @pixie359: It's well written in the description... (Note: The bonus HP is lost at the end of the enraged state, potentially killing the berserker). You just don't only lose the "bonus" hp... You lose 15hp... BUT, you should only lose 15hp because of the berzerker mode...

Ex.: You have 20hp... You enter enraged mode, you are now at 35. If you don't get touched, and the enraged ends, you get down to 20... BUT if you lose, let's say 10hp while in enraged mode, you'll get down to 10... 35 - 10(hit by enemy) - 15 (enraged end). (It's given as a bonus, but retracted from the total hit points at the end)

You shouldn't take additional damage (unless you where hit, of course!)
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    @Vortaka Yep, agreed. Unless they have changed the penalties to berzerking, this is what should happen. The only way you should die from the end of a berzerking is if you took damage to get you below 15hp *including* the bonus, so hit 0 when the state wears off.
    @pixie359: Then we are in agreement! Let's shake hands on it! :)
    Another little glitch (character creation), the small picture is not centered correctly (and I tested it with and without the beta and both aren't correct). In the game, your character picture is good, on the character creation... not that much! Look at the small picture (lower right). But in the game, it works perfectly!

I still haven't found any hardware bug... Except for the journal glitch I mentioned earlier, the inventory glitch and this one, the game just... works!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Vortaka
    The Custom Portraits screen has been like that since launch; it's something that's going to need to be redesigned, we just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    how do you go about seeing what feats you have chosen....i cant figure it out?
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    @Dee I haven't read the entire thread but do you need someone to test on an old dual core atom 510?(intel GMA 3150 IIRC).

I don't have a lot of time but can run a few tests if no one else has that kind of extremely low end/crappy hardware.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Rasekov
    Send me your system information like in the first post, and I'll take a look.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Adul said:

Pray tell, what is this "feats" phenomenon that you speak of, good sir? The last I've heard mention of rumors like that was when I recently spent a few Nights in the marvelous city of Neverwinter!

Lord Foreshadow, is that you?
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    i meant proficiencies :)
  • JaesaJaesa Member Posts: 26

i meant proficiencies :)

Press "R" to see your character records, then on the right side of your portrait (where your class and experience is), scroll down the list to find your proficiencies.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    @Dee

Are you still in need of testers with Intel integrated GPU?
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    played around for a few hours and only encountered the already known fireplace bug,
    all and all things look very promising, and i`m impressed about the many small changes and ofc the big ones.
  • FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    Hope they fix the occasional slowdowns and UI glitches in this patch :-)
    Info sent, hopefully I'll get into the beta! Keep up the good work guys!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Jaesa said:

I came across something that I'm not really sure what to make of.

.. description of random Parda behaviour...

It is 'intentional'. Parda is interrupted by the shouting, takes different times to find you - we place them offscreen which may be a bit random.
    Previously they appeared in front of you.

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @kaguana
    kaguana said:

I just notice this little mess in the journal, last entry suppose to be last no ? instead it in one before last

That problem was present in the old builds as well. It's caused by the fact that the journal entries arrange themselves alphabetically, rather than by date. I created a thread asking about this some time ago, and the solution we came up with was to start your own entries with a date (month-day-hour), and edit the game-generated entries to add the date in the first line as well.
    Not a perfect solution, but it works for me.
  • JaesaJaesa Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2013
    Well, I've cleared Nashkel Mines, taken the scenic route back to Beregost (I explored the area around Firewine Bridge, plus a few forest/wilderness areas, and found myself a certain sorceror who I'll probably keep around because Neera and I found him amusing), and I'm happy to report that I've not come across any new bugs so far. Really, really nice. :)
This discussion has been closed.