Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

Comments

• qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    running real good here...spoiler

*where do you get the scroll,gem & potion holders at now?
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Also, a strange thing to note : even if the beta version is in a different folder with a specific override folder, it seems that most of the games options and override files are now the same in both games ( in beta and in 1.0.2014) . Not really sure why.
    For example the resolution size is now like in the beta on my 1.0.2014. But the movies ARE working in it.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Sent an email. Running the max spec 21.5" iMac with the latest OS.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Dee said:

@Sed
    That screen definitely needs some love; it won't be fixed for this patch, but we're investigating ways to improve custom portraits.

Making the list for small portraits scrollable with the mouse wheel while hovering the box would be much appreciated.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650

*Im in candlekeep and just did firebeards quest for the identify scroll and he didnt give me the scroll holder..is that a bug or where do you get it now?
    *Im a shadowdancer level 1 and i dont have the option of shadow step...do i have to wait to level 5 to start being able to use that?
    *No issues so far..everything running great.

Firebeard gives you the scroll case when you see him again in Beregost. This is something that is fixed in the patch, ime.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Palanthis said:

A mostly negative experience for my part. In 1.0.2014 the game was technically fine, except for the game's bugs like quests or kits.

Now with the beta :
    - the loading times (after the title screen, or when loading a save game) take more time than before.
    - the movies are completely bugged. In fact i have a black screen or the first image of the movie is stucked. I have to click one time, then after 10 seconds the movie shuts down (without having been played) and i can continue the game. Seems that when i unckecked the subtitles option, some movies then just played fine... but not always.
    - i'm french and when i select the french language, i just don't have any voice in the game except for Charname's voice. If i select english, i have the voices, but the text is not in french. This was working before and has been broken.
    - the graphical upgrade is nice, sure, but nothing so special. I mean, we just have one more option to unscale the game, which is nice. But if we select it, the game's UI and texts are then very small. If we don't, well... it's almost the same as in in 1.0.2014, except that the inventory / map etc. and the chat box are smaller and don't cover all the screen. Too bad we can't select the resolution we want or a specific UI size. I thought that was what you were working on.

Overall, i'm disappointed so far. I don't really want to test it anymore. Not having the texts in my native language ( or if i have it, i have no voice) is really not cool for playing. And the loading times are really discouraging. This beta seems broken to me at this state.

Well, that's very disheartening. The French issue is one that we're aware of; the movies not displaying is definitely something we'll want to look at. Is anyone else experiencing that issue?
    I just checked again the movies in my 1.0.2014 version, just to be sure, and they're fine. I really don't see what can be the problem...but i'd like to help if i can.
    i just left candle keep and gorion got killed and the screen froze up....i reloaded and then it was fine but it froze up once on me.
    edited October 2013
    As for the french version... like i said elsewhere, i'd prefer the way it works now, until you can offer a choice of language AND a choice of subtitles.
    Anyway if it's not working, maybe you should wait to fix it for the next patch, and stick to the english version with french sutitles for v1.2 ?
  • JaesaJaesa Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2013
    The only oddity about the movies for me was that there was an almost inaudible static-y sound at the beginning of the first one, but it hasn't come back in any of the other ones. It hasn't come back when I replay the first movie, either, so I've written it off as my system acting up a little.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2013

Same as before.
    Gem bag-in Neera's inventory. Scroll case-Reward for doing an easy errand for Firebeard in Beregost. Potion Bag-Sold in High Hedge.

Same as before.
    Gem bag-in Neera's inventory. Scroll case-Reward for doing an easy errand for Firebeard in Beregost. Potion Bag-Sold in High Hedge.

ok thanks.

edited October 2013
    YukonRob said:

Sed said:

However, not without bugs ;)
    Another screenshot.
    Alt+Tab screws up the screen as seen below.
    (snip)

Same for me. Doesn't happen in 1.0.2014.
    YukonRob said:

Jaesa said:

I've never had that happen in 1.0.2014 or the beta patch for single player or multiplayer.

The Alt-Tab problems could be random, depending where you caught the renderer while it tried to display the game.
    Try hitting Alt-Enter twice (not too fast), it might fix some problems.

Not random for me. Also need to add that I am using dual monitors with BGEE Beta on main.
    I set up a second monitor and continued my testing, and this bug happened to me after I Alt+Tabbed six or so times in a row so I could access the second monitor (I set the displays to be extended, and was playing in fullscreen mode).
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    High Hedge, check out the green waterimage
    Unable to complete the candle keep return identify scroll to Firebead Elvenhair, Tethtoril won't give it to me, seems to run around candle keep and only tells me to go and speak with Gorion, anyone managed to complete this quest?
    This door at the friendly arm inn doesn't change to an open animation after opening it. can still enter the house but the door always appears closed. image
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598

Unable to complete the candle keep return identify scroll to Firebead Elvenhair, Tethtoril won't give it to me, seems to run around candle keep and only tells me to go and speak with Gorion, anyone managed to complete this quest?

1. Speak with Firebead Elvenhair.
    2. Find Tethtoril. Talk to him. Take the scroll.
    3. Return to Firebead Elvenhair. Give him the scroll.

Doesn't work? That is a strange bug...
    DarkDogg said:

Nop, I tried 2 times, same thing each time for me. It works ok for you? Tethtoril never ran around so much like that before either.

This door at the friendly arm inn doesn't change to an open animation after opening it. can still enter the house but the door always appears closed. >

That's a very old bug. I thought they fixed it in one of the earlier patches.
    This bug was reported many times a year ago or something =)))
    DarkDogg said:

This door at the friendly arm inn doesn't change to an open animation after opening it. can still enter the house but the door always appears closed. >

That's a very old bug. I thought they fixed it in one of the earlier patches.
    This bug was reported many times a year ago or something =)))
    I don't think I had that problem in the latest release. Only the beta.
    edited October 2013

It works ok for you?

Do you talk to him directly assertive or he comes to you by himself?
    No. I don't have access to the beta. Just chatting.
    I'm playing FoT right now =)

I don't think I had that problem in the latest release. Only the beta.

Trust me there was a bug with a door animation in FAI. Far west house.
    But I'm sure it was fixed with the latest patch.
    edited October 2013

DarkDogg said:

Nop, I tried 2 times, same thing each time for me. It works ok for you? Tethtoril never ran around so much like that before either.

I got it to work. When I got near the place where Tethtoril was, he came up to me, said a few words about the scroll and Firebeard, then gave me the scroll to return.
    when i did candlekeep....there wasnt no fog of war for me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    DarkDogg said:

Trust me there was a bug with a door animation in FAI. Far west house.
    But I'm sure it was fixed with the latest patch.

I can confirm that its also not working for me in the Beta (with a new character I might add).

I had no problems with Firebead's scroll quest though.

when i did candlekeep....there wasnt no fog of war for me.

Was there ever any? I always assumed that there was no FoW because Candlekeep is where your character was raised, therefore you should know it like the back of your hand. Since you should know the place that well, there would be no point in hiding the area on your map.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Vortaka said:

What happens: When you are in a chapter, and you open quest title to read them, go down in the description, and change chapter, (with the big arrows) the journal will be empty... (It will be there but hidden).

What I think happens: The Journal screen is not reset vertically, so that the screen stays at the height of where the other chapter was... (Play with the little scroll bar at the side and it returns ok, in the end, but still).

I think it happens with the way the engine works... It's a little tricky but I did it more then once (again). Take one character that has a drop down bar with Thaco (in the Inventory screen) and scroll down... Then chose one with 4 lines (no scroll)... Some stats will stay hidden (the scroll will not return to the top and there will be no bar). Ex.: (again, my save). (Inventory) Take character 3 and scroll down... Then take character 6... Only Shortbow +1:-1 will be shown...

Vortaka

P.S. Those are but glitches... For the time I played, I had no hardware crash... Very nice UI too!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

DarkDogg said:

Did you start a new game? The fix has no effect on old saves.
  • apenneyapenney Member Posts: 5
    How long did it take the rest of you to get access to the beta after your emails? Mashing my gmail button all day long!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

I had that bug on multiplayer pre-patch. Never on single player.
This discussion has been closed.