Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    onan said:

Either remove that feature or add a pair of rubber boots somewhere.

Would changing the description of the electricity resistance boots be acceptable?
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    @Silverstar Totally unacceptable. But adding 'radiation' to Boots of Avoidance might work.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Avenger_teambg Make Parda and Karan spawn delay less random? Please?

When I played multiplayer with a friend who was new to BG, he had absolutely no idea what those dialogs were supposed to be in response to. E.g. instead of 10-20 seconds make it 5-10 or so.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited October 2013
    I created a dragon disciple last night and naturally picked find familiar as one of my starting spells. When I summoned my pseudo dragon, I noticed he made no sound when I clicked on him. I remember from a previous caster that my tiny demon familiar made a growling screech when clicked on or told to go somewhere. Is there supposed to be a noise or is the pseudo dragon silent?

(Edit this was in the beta and I didn't check in the non-beta version, I will check when I get home if maybe this is truly a bug)
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    @Dee - are you replying to everyone who send you an email or just those with system configs that need to be tested?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Initially I planned on responding to everyone, but there's a lot more to go through than I anticipated, so unfortunately I can only respond to people as I provision them. If you haven't heard anything for a couple of days, it's probably because of one of the following:

1) You didn't follow the instructions, or you left out one or more pieces of information;
    2) We've received enough input from people with your system configuration and don't need to test it further;
    3) I haven't gotten to your email yet.

So if you haven't heard back, check to make sure that you send me everything correctly. If you did everything correctly, then just be patient; I'm going through the list steadily, but I'm giving priority to those with unusual systems, followed by those who are currently unable to play.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    edited October 2013
    I'm hoping it's # 3 but understand if it's # 2. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited October 2013
    Edit: Nevermind, looks like you're just getting a lot of mail. I'll be patient =D
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Is Berserker rage double damage a bug or not?
    If it's not a bug, no first level berserker could survive a rage (even a 19 costitution dwarf would have "just" 15 hp, and you need 16 to survive), you'd better give rage at level 2.
    It's definitely not working as intended; but I'd like to know if people are seeing this on Normal difficulty, or Insane. I seem to remember that being related (i.e. the berserker's temporary hit points disappear, which reduces your maximum hit points, and then you take fifteen damage from your current hit points--but Insane difficulty doubles all damage taken by your character, which includes the damage from coming out of your rage).
  • FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    Has anyone experienced the slowdowns / glitches in the UI in this patch?
    I'm not in the beta.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Fornost said:

Has anyone experienced the slowdowns / glitches in the UI in this patch?
    I'm not in the beta.

None whatsoever thus far. Everything runs speedier for me. Especially loading and saving. Near instant.

• ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Dee said:

It's definitely not working as intended; but I'd like to know if people are seeing this on Normal difficulty, or Insane. I seem to remember that being related (i.e. the berserker's temporary hit points disappear, which reduces your maximum hit points, and then you take fifteen damage from your current hit points--but Insane difficulty doubles all damage taken by your character, which includes the damage from coming out of your rage).

My berserker has been taking the extra damage on Core Rules difficulty.
  • FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    @Dee Wow thanks a million! I'm gonna check out the performance and glitches right away! (:
  • JaesaJaesa Member Posts: 26
    @Dee Double damage is being dealt after rage wears off on Normal mode. I created a new, level 1 character to try it who had 12/12 HP before Enrage was activated, 27/27 after activation, and 1/12 after it wore off, on top of being knocked unconscious.

I then used to console to give her 10,000 XP (enough to reach level 4), which put her at 48/48 before enrage, 63/63 after, then 33/48 when it wore off again.
    Yep, just tried it out on Normal difficulty, went from 25 hit points to 1. Logging it now.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Another dual-monitor user here (though without beta access) - The reports from people I've seen having issues with dual-display configs... why don't we just have a fake fullscreen option (borderless windowed mode)?
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Sent an email with my configuration. I use a netbook with an Intel graphics card and it's unplayable. I will test on Saturday after my exams.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    I might as well hop on the beta bandwagon as well, since it's being sent out.
    Sent my information.

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    enneract said:

Another dual-monitor user here (though without beta access) - The reports from people I've seen having issues with dual-display configs... why don't we just have a fake fullscreen option (borderless windowed mode)?

The Mac version's fullscreen could use some love as well (see #2452 in the tracker).
  • SeregDuinSeregDuin Member Posts: 13
    Hi. I've sent my setup.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    I don't know if it's just me but I started putting attention to the text box... I even started a new test game, to really test it... In the small text box (in the lower part of the screen) it's left align, that's good... And what it looks like is that in the dialog text box when you talk with someone, it's left align also but with a huge tabulation... It just doesn't fit right to my eyes (and image that I'm usually blind to those kind of things!)

I'm sure I'll get used to it, in due time... I do find the tab to be a little excessive (and it seems it was always like that... I wonder why I started to noticed it now... weird...).
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Tiny observation: Gold picked up off the ground via the inventory screen rather than the search box makes a small 'clink' when clicked instead of being silent like it's always been.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    It seems to be reported already, but the game unpauses whenever I leave the character record screen, even if I paused it before opening that screen. So far I have encountered this problem only when leaving the record screen and not any other screen.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    Jaesa said:

@Dee Double damage is being dealt after rage wears off on Normal mode. I created a new, level 1 character to try it who had 12/12 HP before Enrage was activated, 27/27 after activation, and 1/12 after it wore off, on top of being knocked unconscious.

I then used to console to give her 10,000 XP (enough to reach level 4), which put her at 48/48 before enrage, 63/63 after, then 33/48 when it wore off again.

This happened with level 1 Minsc on a non-beta save of mine as well, but somehow I found a workaround.

At first, no matter how much HP he had left (max 26) he would die when I tried resting or berzerk wore off on its own. Reloaded several times trying to keep him alive, without luck.

I decided to try send him into battle - hoping berzerk would wear off while actually raging, and hoping this would make a difference. I don't know if it would have, because berzerk didn't wear off before after the encounter, and this time Minsc survived (16 HP left before berzerk wore off).

I don't know exactly how the workaround worked, but it seems to me that triggering a new rage fixed something. Someone might know more about this already?
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    With the live client I have frequent loss of game sounds while playing, but this hasn't occurred so far using the beta client. :D
This discussion has been closed.