Skip to content

Phase II: Hardware Compatibility Test

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    apenney said:

How long did it take the rest of you to get access to the beta after your emails? Mashing my gmail button all day long!

Only twenty something people got access so far. They are slowing rolling it out manually.
    edited October 2013
    Early Notes: Audio stuttering during the FMVs is still there. I don't know if is my hardware, but it does it on my headphones and my speakers. That goes for the opening sequence, or if I play them in the video player in the options menu.

When I click the "Multiplayer" option at the second main menu, the screen shifts to the left side of the screen like it was left aligned.

The Good:

Frame rates are up
    LOVE the new font and UI
    I like the new in game pause menu as well

I'll keep playing and post anything I notice.
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    CoryNewb said:

Early Notes: Audio stuttering during the FMVs is still there. I don't know if is my hardware, but it does it on my headphones and my speakers. That goes for the opening sequence, or if I play them in the video player in the options menu.

When I click the "Multiplayer" option at the second main menu, the screen shifts to the left side of the screen like it was left aligned.

The Good:

Frame rates are up
    LOVE the new font and UI

I'll keep playing and post anything I notice.

Same audio stutter in the FMVs for me. It's like a constant pulsing in the audio.

Eveything else seems to run perfectly.
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Haven't had time to play much yet, but the interface and game look great so far. It's running very smoothly on my Intel chipset.

I have run into two things though, and I think one must be a bug and the other may or may not be:

1 - After popping over to Peldvale to grab Viconia, when leaving that map I was 'waylaid by enemies...' and the game screen was entirely black. The UI and text screens were visible but nothing 'in game' was. I didn't grab a screenshot unfortunately but it would just be a black screen anyway, heh.

2 - I'm playing a berserker and am totally new to the class, so I am unfamiliar with the Rage ability. I used it to prevent Tarnesh from fearing me. Took him out without losing any health, and waited for the ability to expire, expecting to go from 28/28 health back to my normal 13/13. Instead I was knocked unconscious and awoke at 1/13 health. Is that working correctly?
    @JaySee84 Did you experience this before the beta? I have had it since launch and during the current beta.
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    @CoryNewb Yep. Apart from the obvious quest bugs, FMV audio stutter was my only real issue. Kinda gutted it's not been fixed yet.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    My first impression of the game: working great on my laptop, didn't have any crash, it work smoothly, had no prob so far, except the alt+ tab that already being mention.

The new UI is really nice, the dialog text is much sharper, and I love the colors, but sometimes when I look on random NPC the text name sometimes is a little hard to read at first if I wouldn't know what was writing there it probably would have take me a bit more time.

When overwriting a save on old file the pictures are black instead of the picture of the place of the save.

The bottoms on the screen bellow that you separated them because of the F bottoms it doesn't matter so much on a laptop that have all of the F together ( I know it not all keyboard like that, and some are separated differently, I don't think my desk pc keyboard are like that ) so I think if u already separated them why not do it so the weapons will be together and the skills spells together so it will be continues and not seem like it cut in the middle, just a suggestion :)
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2013
    It's a small thing, but I really like the reworking of Neera's encounter. When she teleports the Red Wizard away, now she teleports the party into a much better position to start the fight.

There are lots of nice little touches here and there like that.

BTW, the movies are working great for me. Also the identify scroll quest and the later Firebeard quest are working perfectly.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2013
    After a short, two hours test of the v1.0.2028 pre-beta patch in both English and German with a freshly created LE Dwarven Defender called Balbarosch (who reached the lovely hamlet of Nashkel just now), I come to the conclusion that the pre-beta patch works brilliantly on my setup: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, a i7-3770K CPU, 16GB of RAM, plus one NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN with the lastest 331.40 beta driver installed.

As far as I could see there weren't any noticeable bugs with the two languages or the new GUI. I will test more in-depth after a good night's sleep. My workplace was one tough hell today. :/
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    I am getting ready to leave the Friendly Arm Inn and I have had no problems whatsoever on my Mac. I just want to say, even though its really a pretty minor thing, I love that there is no limit on the stacking when buying ammo. Before you could only stack 16 when buying, but now I can get as many as I want! :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's a limit, it's just a lot higher. :)
  • TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    Well, playing the beta today convinced me to go ahead and pre-order BG2EE!

Tested the Mac version of the beta on my laptop and my work desktop (couldn't resist!). Truly beautiful. The new UI and the new fonts are great and exactly what I had hoped for.

I bought BGEE for the iPad the day it came out. A very good experience with some issues (hard to tap doors in the very first release, and graphical slowdowns for AoE). Given my limited experience with this beta, I'm fully expecting the eventual iPad release to be amazing!
  • elric555elric555 Member Posts: 3
    yeah im sorry to say we never got it working it would only rarely connect and only last a few minutes before it kicked the person who joined
    Did the Nashkel Mines and Made my way to the bandit camp with no bugs on an older save. Bug free gameplay for me.
  • jcoc13jcoc13 Member Posts: 1
    it was on and off. it would work but then stop or not at all.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @elric555
    I didn't want to intrude on your game, but I guess it doesn't matter since it doesn't fully work like you say. At least the proof of concept is there and that it CAN work. It just needs to be improved further so it DOES work. :)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Milo said:

1 - After popping over to Peldvale to grab Viconia, when leaving that map I was 'waylaid by enemies...' and the game screen was entirely black. The UI and text screens were visible but nothing 'in game' was. I didn't grab a screenshot unfortunately but it would just be a black screen anyway, heh.

I just had the black 'waylaid by enemies' screen too. Changing my zoom level brings the image back.
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2013
    nvm
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm now going to start a new game with the beta and after a few hours of playing, I'll send an email describing my experience. I hope it'll help ending this phase sooner.

I also intend to take all 4 new NPCs with me at once. Managing reputation is going to be a nightmare.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    cmk24 said:

Milo said:

I just had the black 'waylaid by enemies' screen too. Changing my zoom level brings the image back.
    Hiting the space bar worked for me. I think its the autopause stopping the screen from drawing.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

cmk24 said:

Milo said:

Hiting the space bar worked for me. I think its the autopause stopping the screen from drawing.
    That does seem to be the cause of it; try turning off auto-pause and see if the problem still persists. If it does, that's useful information.
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Played a bit of the new patch today. My initial impression is extremely good: frame rates are up, the game runs smoothly and looks fantastic. To test it I exported and re-imported my LE fighter. It works great.

Issues, though, are still present. I opened the door to the "spider house" in Beregost. Didn't get the quest before hand. Killed all the spiders, looted all the things, left to the inn. Slept in the inn. Went back out, and the door is "open" but has the "closed" graphic. Seems like it might be an old bug, but one that should be easy to fix. Screenshot attached.

Also, if I alt-tab out, it gets messed up. The top of the screen gets cut off, the bottom gets cut off, and I can no longer alt-tab. Considering I alt-tab a lot, I really hope this one gets fixed before the main game.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Jalily said:

Yes. The health loss actually happens after you lose your temporary HP. However, this would normally kill low-level characters, so it was changed to knocking them unconscious.

Would that make the berserkers unkillable in that unconscious state?
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Well, I've had some time to mess around with the Phase II beta, so far it looks very promising. Starting tomorrow, I'll have several days off work so that's when I'll start seriously grinding for bugs. I've noticed a couple very small things, but until I have the time to try and recreate them, I won't bother mentioning them quite yet.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    pekirt said:

Jalily said:

Yes. The health loss actually happens after you lose your temporary HP. However, this would normally kill low-level characters, so it was changed to knocking them unconscious.

Would that make the berserkers unkillable in that unconscious state?
    No, they'll still die if they take damage from another source.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Quick little observation. This button seems quite a bit lighter to my eyes. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, or if I'm nuts or not :D
This discussion has been closed.