Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416

Q: I want a boxed copy!

A: We'd like to do a boxed collectors edition and have asked for permission to do so. Currently we are in negotiations.

Upon reading this, my hope that the world is not damned has been restored. May your negotiations prove ultimately fruitful for you and all fans of the real Baldur's Gate saga. (Yes, you heard me, you Dark Alliance fans. REAL Baldur's Gate.)

• KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    I still have the disc contents on bg1&2 and the expansions on my hard drive....lol can't play them though the discs are either lost or damaged beyond repair.

I just preordered so I can't wait to release date! :)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Ok silly question but I have to ask.....does Beamdog have anyother great old games that they have enhanced? I think I saw something about MDK but cant find it again....be kind of cool to find a whole slew of great old games updated/upgraded.

http://www.beamdog.com/products/mdk2-hd

Its this one dude ;)

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Thanks.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hey, what about a demo mod for the ppl that pre-ordered? Just make the game save salvagable to transfer it for the full game itself.
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I'm going to be in an oil rig with crappy internet location at September 18th. If I buy the game now, will I be able to download it to a pendrive, install at my PC in the rig and play it at September 18th?
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @true_shinken yes, pre-orderers will be able to pre-install the game few weeks before the release
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I'm going to be in an oil rig with crappy internet location at September 18th. If I buy the game now, will I be able to download it to a pendrive, install at my PC in the rig and play it at September 18th?

Yes but you`ll need a connection to validate it the first time you run.
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    mlnevese said:

Yes but you`ll need a connection to validate it the first time you run.

If validation is not a heavy process I think it might work. I'll cross my finger. Thanks a lot.
  • Dark_OgrDark_Ogr Member Posts: 3
    so,what about collector's edition? any news???
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110
    Anduine said:

Q: I want a boxed copy!

A: We'd like to do a boxed collectors edition and have asked for permission to do so. Currently we are in negotiations.

Upon reading this, my hope that the world is not damned has been restored. May your negotiations prove ultimately fruitful for you and all fans of the real Baldur's Gate saga. (Yes, you heard me, you Dark Alliance fans. REAL Baldur's Gate.)

"Real" Baldurs? To even call the ps2 game DA baldurs gate is a shame! Must have been my biggest dissapointments in history of my gaming, as it was like diablo in the FR or something like that. And who has ever enjoyed diablo, not sane people anyways,hehe ;-p
  • LewsTherinLewsTherin Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    I've read somewhere that visa electron cards aren't available as pre-paid card option to buy products from beamdog. I have ONLY visa electron cards and actually i can't recharge my paypal account because it can be done only through bank transfers, and i don't have any bank account (real or home-bank).

I want to purchase BGEE, but in my actual state i can't. I bet i'm not the only one having this kind of problem., so would that be so bad adding visa electron as option? Other clients such steam or origin accept those cards without any problem, why beamdog doesn't?
    @LewsTherin simply choose VISA, it's almost the same and will probably work (i was paying with VISA Electron on portals which were offering only VISA)
  • LewsTherinLewsTherin Member Posts: 6
    Ok thanks i'll try that
  • gholamgholam Member Posts: 12
    I'm sorry if someone already asked but on how many PCs will I be able to install BG:EE?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @gholam

There's no limit. But if you want to play multiplayer together, each PC will need a different copy.
    @gholam unlimited, it was asked really MANY times :)
  • gholamgholam Member Posts: 12
    Thank you. Again I'm sorry for repeating a question but I was feeling a little too lazy to read through all the posts. :)
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Regarding VISA Electron - it seems to be hit or miss. We've had some people use their Electron cards, others cannot. It's entirely in the hands of our payment processor, unfortunately, but we'll keep haranguing them for progress reports on getting more Electron cards accepted.
    @PhillipDaigle maybe it depends if card supports 3-D secure protection?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    I don't know what the various difference among electron cards are. If someone in the credit card industry would like to chime in with an explanation, that would be neat.
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2012
    I can only speak for myself, but I had to enable Visa Electron payment in my netbank before I could use it for online payments.
    edit: I actually have not pre-ordered the game yet, as I am waiting for the mac-version, so I don't know for certain if that's the reason.
  • BernhardSchornakBernhardSchornak Member Posts: 1
    Where can I find the "receipient e-mail address" for a PayPal transfer?

Is it too much work for a software selling company to provide a bank account (like Amazon and other internet shops...) where people can send the fee to?

If there is no way to pay, I have to cancel my pre-order...
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    How do i make sure that i had done the pre-order ?

I had got receipt e-mail (Beamdog - Great Games, Easy Order Confirmation #xxxxxxxxxx) and receive forum badge , but i didn't see the game show up in beamdog my game list ,

Is it correct ?
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Pre-ordered waiting for badge:) Best game ever upgraded! Yay cant wait!!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    For the record, I paid through Paypal with a VISA Electron card and it went through no problem. Even if Beamdog's not taking VISA Electron directly, it takes Paypal, and Paypal takes VISA Electron. Do your math, register a Paypal account, pre-order BG:EE and be glad you did!
  • inicjatorinicjator Member Posts: 63
    Swiper said:

Pre-ordered! What should i do now until actual release? :)

Play the old version ;)
  • DaekeeperDaekeeper Member Posts: 12
    Preordered earlier today, pretty sure I did everything right. Still awaiting badge and I am unsure when I can actually download the game (On the Beamdog client it says "Getting download info...").
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Ok so I have been looking for this question everywhere and haven't found it. I'm really confused....is the game going to be available just for download or can you buy a boxed version from a nearby gaming store? And if there are boxed versions coming out will you be able to pre-order a boxed version and get the badge so I can brag to dumb paladin lovers?
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited August 2012
    @xLegionx You won't be able to buy a boxed version from a nearby gaming store, that's pretty certain. They're looking into making a special edition boxed set, but no confirmation (neither positive nor negative) on that as of yet. The only way to pre-order at this time is with Beamdog.

If there's a nice special edition with goodies, I'll likely get it. But long before that I'll be playing my digital copy ^_^