Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I'm mostly looking forward to ... waiting for the french translation of texts once the game is released :p
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I'm looking forward to a polished up interface and better compatibility! The difference between BG1 and BGEE is huge and BGEE is just so much nicer to use. While BG2 is better than BG1 it's still showing its age, and I think the team did a great job modernizing BG1 so I'll be glad to see the same treatment for BG2.
    Wilbur
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    Edwin. Lol. It's been years since I played it, but as I recall he never shuts up. <3
    Also praying and hoping that they actually did something with Neera and Edwin interactions because I was so disappointed with the 90% absence of that in BG1:EE I almost kicked her out of my party out of sheer disgust with it. They should have milked that for everything it has and then some.

But also looking forward to doing Viconia's romance; for some reason I didn't like her back then but I like her now and want to know her whole story. The only downside is having to play a guy and not getting to completely crush Anomen's pathetic heart. :D
    Wilbur
  • KRKKRK Member Posts: 21
    Playing the whole saga from start to end. its been too long.
    WilburWillyML4
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    Flashburn said:

As soon as I get to ToB, Dorn and Sarevok are going to throw down and settle once and for all who is the baddest ass of the evil party members.

Best to do 2 out of 3, to account for any bad "die rolls". Plus it's too fun to watch to do it only once.
    FlashburnWillyML4
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Finding out Hexxat's kit/alignment so I can finally start my BG:EE playthrough that I'll carry into BG2:EE.
    KamigoroshiEudaemoniumStarflower2525
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    That game will be savoured, oh yes... My character from BGEE is coming along nicely.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Edwin. Lol. It's been years since I played it, but as I recall he never shuts up. <3
    Also praying and hoping that they actually did something with Neera and Edwin interactions because I was so disappointed with the 90% absence of that in BG1:EE I almost kicked her out of my party out of sheer disgust with it. They should have milked that for everything it has and then some.

But also looking forward to doing Viconia's romance; for some reason I didn't like her back then but I like her now and want to know her whole story. The only downside is having to play a guy and not getting to completely crush Anomen's pathetic heart. :D</p>

I suspect the Edwin/Neera thing is similar to the Ajantis-Yeslick/Dorn situation, in that you technically aren't 'supposed' to have them together. Edwin will leave if you pick up Neera with him in the party, as will Ajantis and Yeslick with Dorn. You can re-recruit them immediately, and if you have Neera and/or Dorn first the others don't object. But because of this none of Dorn's dialogue will ever be directed at them, and I assume Neera's situation vis-a-vis Edwin is the same.
    SassyGoldElf
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited October 2013
    Banter! Golden pantaloons! Neera! Dorn! Being waylaid by bandits! Korgan! Minsc! Boo!

So many more things. It has been a very long time since I've played.

Edit: Black Pits 2!
    elminsterWilburStarflower2525CrevsDaak
    CoryNewb said:

I'm glad somebody is! BP was never really my thing, though it works great as a build test.
    WilburCoryNewbStarflower2525CrevsDaak
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

CoryNewb said:

I'm glad somebody is! BP was never really my thing, though it works great as a build test.
    I've played BG:EE for almost a year now and have not played Black Pits at all.
    CrevsDaak
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279

CoryNewb said:

More Black Pits love!

I can't wait to get Hexxat! Finally someone to bacstab with and that lets me play what i want in an evil party.
    Bring havok to the world with neera!
    Kill ogre Aerie!
    Recruiting Hexxat and doing her quests!
    Carsomir! Even if i won't use it with my palladin, i'm lending it to Keldorn so he can kick as much asses as I do with my twin bastard swords.
    A new good longbow for my archer, you hear me devs, A NEW GOOD LONGBOW.
    Hexxat!
    Corrupting Rasaad and leaving him alone in a dark forest!
    Kicking ass with Rasaad in my good party!
    Monk stronghold quest! Even if I don't play monk, we just never have enough quests!
    Hexxat!

Did I mention Hexxat?
    EudaemoniumCrevsDaak
    Wolk said:

Did I mention Hexxat?

Think I might've missed it.
    WolkCoryNewbCrevsDaak
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    My first proper evil play through in more than a dozen. I loved Dorn in BGEE and the evil party options just seem to keep getting better.

Also learning if Hexxat is in fact a tiefling like I suspect she is.

Lastly, doing this as a countdown seems a tad optimistic (no offense intended to Beamdog).
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    marceror said:

Lastly, doing this as a countdown seems a tad optimistic (no offense intended to Beamdog).

I assume Beamdog is going to bust their butt(s) to make sure the game releases on time. Will it have bugs? Maybe. I predict it will be an entirely playable game however.

I'm looking forward to not knowing so much about the game world. BG1 is old-hat for me now, but BG2 is a new world, with even more new options that the veterans here can't even predict. I'll have to watch my step... I don't know where the traps are now. ^_~
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577

marceror said:

I assume Beamdog is going to bust their butt(s) to make sure the game releases on time. Will it have bugs? Maybe. I predict it will be an entirely playable game however.

I'm looking forward to not knowing so much about the game world. BG1 is old-hat for me now, but BG2 is a new world, with even more new options that the veterans here can't even predict. I'll have to watch my step... I don't know where the traps are now. ^_~
    I hope you're right, but I'm not sure you have much to base your optimism on. That said, I do expect this to go a lot more smoothly than BGEE since BG2EE shares the same engine and most of the heavy lifting has already been done to update it.

Regarding familiarity, it is the opposite for me. I feel like I know the BG2 game world like the back of my hand whereas I'm a lot more fuzzy on where things are at in BG.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    marceror said:

I'm an optimistic kind of guy.
    CoryNewbKidCarnivalAristillius
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm completely surprised by the Hexxatawhosit excitement. Not that I mind (if she's well-written), but the response seems to be assuming a lot of awesomeness that has yet to be confirmed as awesome. Almost like a blind date or something
    DarksheerTJ_Hooker
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

She's an unknown quantity, so everyone is basically projecting all their ideas of the ideal thief onto her. Expect a lot of disappointment when she doesn't turn out to be good/neutral/evil/trueclass/a shadowdancer/assassin/swashbuckler/non-dualable/tiefling/shadar-kai/aasimar/werecapybara half-drow demigoddess. Or whatever.

Oh man, I didn't think about that.... so many "too OP" or "not OP enough" threads in our future! Prepare for a whirlwind of complaints if her proficiencies aren't perfect for everyone and *gasp* maybe her skill points aren't what you would have picked!
    alnairAristilliusFredjololien
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Even if she is the stat-equivalent of Rasaad, she'll still have her fans, but there will be a lot of disappointment out there. If she turns out like Garrick... there may be an uprising.