Skip to content

Unrealistic Fantasy Art

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2013
    @LadyRhian, your pics of tastefully dressed beautiful female mages remind me of Polgara the Sorceress, the daughter of the character I use for a screen name.

imageimage
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @belgarathmth I read those books. Both the Garion cycles, Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress, and the series with the Bhelliom- the Elenium and Tamuli.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

the character I use for a screen name

This brings to the $1M question... what does the appended "mth" stand for? :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @alnair That's a dangerous question... if he answers "Why me?" he may bring the Prophecy's wrath upon us all ;)
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    mlnevese said:

@alnair That's a dangerous question... if he answers "Why me?" he may bring the Prophecy's wrath upon us all ;)

that or youll just hit your head again despite agreeing not to do that anymore :D

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Just wondering... Whats bad in this kind of art.....................;)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

mlnevese said:

that or youll just hit your head again despite agreeing not to do that anymore :D
    You can probably guess that I haven't read the books by the fact I'm not following you guys :)
    (Reading about them on Wikipedia is not helping either)
    @Lordkim The fact that the armor, or lack thereof, or holes in same, is ridiculous.
    This probably explains a lot:

image by Kova031
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @alnair - mth are my initials. If I had known how much I would be using this forum when I created the account, I probably would have used capitals to make it easier to read. BelgarathMTH.

@LadyRhian, those can't possibly be real. :) She sure must have a lot of back pain.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Gives a purpose for backrubs and appreciation, I guess.
    edited October 2013

REALLY?!??!?! -THIS- is what google calls bad fantasy art? thats what shows when i type that? REALLY?

internet, let me just point out something:

image this is bad

image this is bad (yes even akroma angel of fury isnt safe, im a big MTG fan)

but the top is good! and below is pretty good

you dont need to shot boobs to be good. this one above is covered, showing shoulders but as a mage its fine. everything is seen and hidden.
    Post edited by Mrpenfold666 on
    @Mrpenfold666 The fact that the first picture in your post has "bad news" in the file name can be related to why Google thinks it's bad :)

Anyway I've been using the Russian Yandex image search more and more lately as I have received better results from them.
    mlnevese said:

@Mrpenfold666 The fact that the first picture in your post has "bad news" in the file name can be related to why Google thinks it's bad :)

Anyway I've been using the Russian Yandex image search more and more lately as I have received better results from them.

you'd think "bad news" and "bad art" would be different for google then wouldn't you? sorry for looking for most relevant things google ill input stupid things in the future XD

@Mrpenfold666 Let's not start a "Google search syntax is stupid" thread... it would never end :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Archaos said:

Plus Bodhi says hi.

She's basically walking around in a corset and "boots".

Pants are optional for Vampires. Bodhi must have been like meh, what the hell I'm undead I guess.
    Archaos said:

Some more examples of ridiculous armor/clothes in classic games.
    Does she seem familiar?

Annah rocking clothing on her tail but not her butt lol.

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'm going to throw it out there; I have an anatomy degree and @smeagolheart has called out Bodhi's bottom. Given that in the picture it's twice the size of her head and yet she has decent deltoid definition I''m calling "artistic license" on this one.

You can have a huge bum or muscle definition. Even being a frickin' Vampire can't get you both.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    You call it bad fantasy art. I call it a multitude of new monitor backgrounds
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @belgarathmth
    Those are completely within the realm of possibility. Whether they are real or not, I couldn't say. The angle of the picture and the fact that she's grabbing and squeezing them together makes that assessment difficult.

The idea that really big boobs must be fake is just as damaging to female body image as chain mail bikinis, people.
    Corvino said:

I'm going to throw it out there; I have an anatomy degree and @smeagolheart has called out Bodhi's bottom. Given that in the picture it's twice the size of her head and yet she has decent deltoid definition I''m calling "artistic license" on this one.

You can have a huge bum or muscle definition. Even being a frickin' Vampire can't get you both.

There's female bodybuilders with really nice, full bums. Maybe not quite as big as Bodhi's, but still.

Julia Vins, for instance:
    http://www.tydknow.com/did-you-know-that-17-year-old-russian-girl-has-a-doll-like-face-but-a-body-of-a-bodybuilder/

http://media6.tiin.vn/media01/4e1cfbbd90db3/2013/08/28/7b23da3f-e9fa-4699-bb4f-da3ec74a1e17.jpg
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's some mighty fine looking legs on that gal.
    image by Therafa Another lady from the "How in the Nine Hells does that stay on?" school
    image by WayneCampbellArt To be honest, that's one of the least practical bustiers I have ever seen.
    image by Amanda-Kihlstrom Armor, it doesn't work that way
    image by Mda-Art How is that even armor?
    image by Artspell Ugh… that… what those women are wearing! Not even armor. Boob spoons?
    image by AlexPascenko Bondage gear is *not* armor!
    image by MilyKnight Not bad, but the ab window makes me sigh.
    image by Vandrell (And yeah, I know she's Ivy from Soul Caliber- but she looks like she'd fall out of that bodice with one good hit!)
    image by GoddessMechanic Le Sigh
    image by bmd247 Abdomen mostly covered. Boob window not.
    image by Niconoff I mean really… as a mage, would you run around looking like that?
    image by Nicnoff Ugh. #1 Boob Window. #2 Where the HELL did her insides go?!
    image by squasar I hate armor bikinis!
    image by Semperii Armor. How does it work?!
    image by Alexey-Konev Two axes, all access to her belly, abdomen and boobs…
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm changing the name of this thread to be a little less adversarial. None of the images in this thread that I've seen are poorly executed, and I wouldn't want people to think this is a thread aimed at bashing artists.
    @Dee I can live with that.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I strongly disagree with the decision to change the title of this thread.
    The tone throughout remains firmly adversarial and to change the nature of the existing title is to undermime the integrity of both sides of the argument
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    this is fantasy, why not go all the way!
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Rhian, aside from your very obvious crusade (I hate crusades), I am inclined to agree that there is a lot of impracticality in the examples of fantasy art shown. I am not going to pretend I am outraged by all these examples - indeed, some of them are quite beautiful artwork if you can look past the cliches and absurdity, and would otherwise be good artwork - but I would much rather see some healthy realism injected into the genre.
    As someone who studied the use of semiotics in media, I understand that sex sells, so to speak, but do we really need to subscribe to it so readily?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @Magnus_Grelich
    Crusade's a bit of a strong word. Rhian's being cheeky and fun with it, not decrying the tyrannical patriarchy. I think you have to be a bit radical and militant before it can be a crusade.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I dunno, just seems like a lot of pictures to post... I was tired and cranky last night, so probably not in the clearest frame of mind. Ignore that 'crusade' bit.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Have you seen her other picture thread?

I dunno, just seems like a lot of pictures to post...