Skip to content

THE PATCH IS LIVE!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @EntropyXII
    If you made a link to your portraits, saves, or characters folders (typically used to make the old Shadowkeeper work), it'll have been deleted by the update.

For better resolution, open up Options > Graphics and disable "Scale User Interface".
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Dee - Ah, I don't mean deleted portraits. I don't use Shadowkeeper. I mean the entire option of 'custom' portraits has been removed from character creation. I'm trying to take a screen shot but it keeps screening a white screen for some reason...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you still have images in your Portraits folder?
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Dee - Ahem.. nope. I do now. Never mind me. Nothing to see here.
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for all the hard work to both the devs and beta testers, now to squeeze in one last play thru before BG2 EE drops ;)
  • rjarja Member Posts: 5
    If I purchase BGEE from Beamdog right now, will the patch already be applied, or do I need to wait?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    rja said:

If I purchase BGEE from Beamdog right now, will the patch already be applied, or do I need to wait?

Already applied.
  • rjarja Member Posts: 5
    Jalily said:

Already applied.

Thanks for the quick response. Downloading now.
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Never mind, I guess it's supposed to be that way.
    Post edited by Ettercow on
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Wow, that new interface looks great! Good job with the patch!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nic_Mercy said:

Dee said:

Try closing and restarting the client. Are you using the stand-alone launcher or the Beamdog client?

I tried closing and reopening. Still "stuck". Using the stand alone client.

Make sure you don't have game files open in a program like EE Keeper or NI, it can interfere with the updating.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Ah hell. Just what I needed when I'm swamped with work. I won't be able to play it until mid next week. Well. Perhaps I can just roll a new CHARNAME...
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    You know what? I'm going to buy a second copy of the game along with a preorder of the bgee2 on beamdog just because copulate* Atari and I can't wait another second for the patch...

Pretty suprised the game still costs 19.99$ but devs are absolutely worth it
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You should of been around a few weeks ago where during the Steam sale Beamdog matched the sale price of $5 (about £3 in the UK). I bought several copies to gift out.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    if i got the mac version from beamdog, is the new patch live there?
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for the patch! It really looks great :)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    does it really matter whether the game costs 5$ or 20$ to anyone? for every single game buyer, those +15$ are not much, but for beamdog it means +300% of income = +300% of ressources ... that could result in lets say +100% improved support and developement (rest goes into premium pizza, which is okay) ...

(correct me if i'm wrong – maybe i'm in luxury position where that amount of money does not really matter to me, compared to what i get for it ...)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    mjs said:

if i got the mac version from beamdog, is the new patch live there?

Yes.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

does it really matter whether the game costs 5$ or 20$ to anyone? for every single game buyer, those +15$ are not much, but for beamdog it means +300% of income = +300% of ressources ... that could result in lets say +100% improved support and developement (rest goes into premium pizza, which is okay) ...

(correct me if i'm wrong – maybe i'm in luxury position where that amount of money does not really matter to me, compared to what i get for it ...)

Not really, however it did afford me the luxury of being able to buy for some friends who may not of played otherwise and did so via Beamdog directly instead of through Steam (more money for Beamdog).

For my version I pre-ordered on day one. Same as with BG2.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111

does it really matter whether the game costs 5$ or 20$ to anyone? for every single game buyer, those +15$ are not much,

I think the $20 price is fair. I pre-purchased both BG:EE and BGII:EE. However...

$20 does not buy the same amount of basic goods around the world. Compared to US, $20 is an amount that one has to plan for in some countries, simply because the basic needs are usually much cheaper, the luxury items are much more expensive, and the salaries reflect that pricing.

It's the same for many other types of goods and services. A $60 game is usually unaffordable if you want to buy two games a month. Same goes for DVDs or A-list concert tickets. (This is one driving force behind software/music piracy.)

OTOH, I suspect Beamdog's sales come mostly from the US, so this is not something they could afford to think of.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    I'm sadly having a huge issue with the game and if someone can help in any way please let me know :P

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22856/crash-after-character-creation-v1-2?new=1
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    I've only had a few minutes with it so far but looks like it is working great downloaded at about 1.7MB, and no issues with custom portraits or anything! Great work from my end!
  • KoraxKorax Member Posts: 20
    Great job!
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Welp, time to reinstall the game and all my mods...
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    The update seems to be fine... However, the launch screen (when starting BGEE.exe) says that the last update I did was update 8 (somewhere in April)... The game is version 1.2.0 but it just feels weird! :)

Keep up the good work!
  • MrBraunMrBraun Member Posts: 1
    Bloody hell, you guys have been busy!
    It feels like you finished it only in a matter of days.

Seriously, you guys did a great job.
  • MadmartiganMadmartigan Member Posts: 18
    @Dee : patch looks great!
    However, during my first run, BG:EE always frooze when I open the inventory of Dorn or Rasaad (this didn't happen with other members of my party). Errors I got:
    .\sql_compiler.c(815):[Not Exists]Table 'K_F_HO' does not exist
    .\sql_compiler.c(566):[Overflow] Can't add Table: Number of tables(256) greater than or equal to the maximum number (256)
    After quitting BG:EE and reloading my savegame this issue is apparently gone.
  • EvilCorpEvilCorp Member Posts: 12
    Will there a release note for the new patch in the BG:EE load screen? mine still says that the last update is from April 26, 2013.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    EvilCorp said:

Will there a release note for the new patch in the BG:EE load screen? mine still says that the last update is from April 26, 2013.

'

Mine said January. :)

• CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Now the game runs so smooth! I love the new patch!