Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    Not sure if this has been asked but, are there new kits in BG2EE beyond those in BGEE?
  • GiladGilad Member Posts: 38
    Will it be possible to use PaySafeCard method of payment for BG2EE from Beamdog? I ordered BG1EE from Steam instead from Beamdog, because the PaySafeCard could be used with Steam. I do not wish to use any credit card related methods of payment.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171

Not sure if this has been asked but, are there new kits in BG2EE beyond those in BGEE?

Dont think so. Would like to see some new Mage kits / Fighter kits / Barbarian kits

Join in the begging!

• JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    Will any modifications we've made to the .ini in BGEE carry over to BG2EE? Or will we need to change it manually?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    So I'm planning on doing another play through of BGEE to carry over into BG2EE and I'm planning out my team, all the Overhaul characters are going to be in it (Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat), but I also want to take along the announced fifth character in that group, but since that makes five characters I need to make sure I have all my bases covered. You probably can't tell us much about that character at this point (unless it's Baeloth), but can you at least ballpark what class he or she is? Just to help me decide on my next character class, basically I need to know if he or she is a cleric or druid so I can decide if I need to be one for party balance.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Sceptenar There are four NPCs in BGII:EE. Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat. :)
    LiamEsler said:

@Sceptenar There are four NPCs in BGII:EE. Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat. :)

I could have sworn I read a developer say there was a fifth character somewhere...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    JaySee84 said:

Will any modifications we've made to the .ini in BGEE carry over to BG2EE? Or will we need to change it manually?

Separate .ini's, so you will have to change it manually.
    Really loving the new 1.2 UI, will this also be in BG2:EE at launch?
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Sceptenar said:

yes

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Sceptenar said:

Well, its a bit different colour-wise but otherwise the same. You can see it on the screenshots on the main website.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    A question about Black Pits 2: are you meant to import the same party you used in Black Pits 1? Or are the stories explicitly separate?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Dee said:

Thief. No kit, no multiclass, just Thief.

Huh. Well after the excellence of patch 1.2 I have faith that you guys will somehow make this interesting, so I won't start bitching just yet... but that was not what I was expecting to read.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    shawne said:

A question about Black Pits 2: are you meant to import the same party you used in Black Pits 1? Or are the stories explicitly separate?

I would like to know if that's possible also. Considering how Black Pits ended I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up after that point if it's a continuation.
  • WickedGuideWickedGuide Member Posts: 3
    What if anything actually gets carried over from BG1 to BG2? Only character and his/her stats? Does completing the companion quests in BG1 matter in BG2?

Is your Throne of Bhaal going to be more difficult than the original version?

Some of the mods upped the difficulty of the boss fights to truly delightful levels.

Are the evil characters as malleable in terms of alignment as they were in the original BG series?

RPG games tend to lack proper champions of evil who are committed to evil as a moral choice. Instead you encounter mostly insane, deeply traumatized people who are evil because of their "nature", horrible upbringing, fate etc. This tends to mean that if they're romanceable, they are redeemable with a little bit of love.

Any chance of a romance where you're not the "omnipotent authority figure" in your special someones life?

Playing it coy or even being at more or less equal footing with your lover is not really ever an option. Most love interest NPCs are very demure and the "assertive" ones are usually just underlining their own insecurities or traumas with their assertiveness. Especially the female NPCs have a bad habit of falling for -and only for- the first "take charge" -kinda guy/gal they meet.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

RPG games tend to lack proper champions of evil who are committed to evil as a moral choice. Instead you encounter mostly insane, deeply traumatized people who are evil because of their "nature", horrible upbringing, fate etc. This tends to mean that if they're romanceable, they are redeemable with a little bit of love.

Dorn's pretty evil...

Any chance of a romance where you're not the "omnipotent authority figure" in your special someones life?

Dorn's got a different omnipotent authority figure in his life.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Will there be new portraits for charname in Bg2:EE?
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Now that patch 1.2 is done and dusted (for the most part), could we have some updates about what's going on with the Android version(s) please?

Sort of a "The Road to Android release" thread like there was for the patch, in the Android forum perhaps?

There doesn't appear to be a "source" for updates on it currently. I have to track between a couple of threads and twitter accounts to get the tidbits of news.

• jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    In bg2 original a imprisonment spell followed by the freedom spell caused a party member to exit the group, also flesh to stone caused this and when turned back to flesh. A result of which would end any inner party npc interactions ie (romances etc) also in a general form any members leaving the party and being reacquired would end npcs interactions. Will this bug be fixed for the enhanced edition of bg2?
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    I am wondering something. Not sure if it was adressed aka asked but didn't see in last 20 pages and on a serious note to much of text to look through it all.
    My question is how will we import a character to BG2, from our final save (which I know will be possible) or can we import an exported character in BG, in forms of, I passed the game, forgot to get him pantaloons, exported him from that final save and went to pick them up and exported him again with them (didn't happen but am wondering if that is possible to do aka exported character transfered into BG2 "before/after" final save.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I would assume that you can just import an exported character no matter where they were exported from. Wasn't that how it worked in the original?
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    TBH I don't know, I got BG2 way after I deleted BG1 (I know, sacrilege but I had a good reason, my CD2 got damaged by family so was unplayable :/ ) so I never imported from BG1
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I believe the best way to continue playing your BG:EE character in BG2:EE is to import a save game (possibly the final save) instead of a character file, because I'm assuming that way the items on your party members will also count as being present for item-porting purposes.

E.g. if you had the Helm of Balduran equipped on Khalid, importing the whole save will likely get the helm to appear in Irenicus's dungeon, while if you import your character file you will likely miss out on it.
  • WickedGuideWickedGuide Member Posts: 3

Dorn's pretty evil...

Dorn's got a different omnipotent authority figure in his life.

Yes, Dorn is maybe the best evil party member in the series, but like you pointed out he lacks autonomy and seems to act under some sort of constant threat/promise of being reduced to a effeminate "good boy" that is helpless or dependant on some significant other. Even his very evil marauding experience seems little more than acting out against this designation. Rather than defying this designation it seems to be more like succumbing to it since it results in him being rendered utterly helpless and subservient to his current omnipotent authority figure.

When he has nobody "pulling his strings", he is often terribly insecure: he can't seem to cope with flirting or the idea that someone in the group might be badmouthing him without getting all paranoid. It's like he can't function in a social setting without picturing himself being betrayed and rendered helpless in that Luskan prison all over again. All this dependancy just makes one fear he's just one cuddle or touchie-feelie discussion away from making you his new "patron".

But even if he manages to become his own "patron", Dorn doesn't really address the lack of NPC party members that are 1)hard to read and 2)don't need authority figures in their lives. I'm hoping Hexxatt is something different.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Yes, Dorn is maybe the best evil party member in the series, but like you pointed out he lacks autonomy and seems to act under some sort of constant threat/promise of being reduced to a effeminate "good boy" that is helpless or dependant on some significant other. Even his very evil marauding experience seems little more than acting out against this designation. Rather than defying this designation it seems to be more like succumbing to it since it results in him being rendered utterly helpless and subservient to his current omnipotent authority figure.

As misinterpretations of established characterization go, that one's thorough in how badly it misses the mark.

Dorn's aggression and violent behavior started long before he made his pact with Ur-Gothoz. If you want to take the psychological approach, you can argue that it was the result of his upbringing and status within the il-Khan clan, but he was operating independently up to and including the Barrow massacre.

He never speaks of Ur-Gothoz in a fearful tone, as if he's acting the way he does specifically to avoid displeasing his patron - it's more a matter of convenience that the fiend just happens to think in similar terms. Which is, of course, the same logic he uses when swearing loyalty to evil Charnames.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @Cerevant

That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Of course, now I have ~13 days to beat BGEE with a new evil character...
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Cerevant without giving us any spoilers again, will dorn be able to fit in a neutral party without big roleplaying inconsistencies? i mean, might there be a choice between evil and supr-evil?
This discussion has been closed.