Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @dee, apparently i am, i thought installing the patch would clean all the mods as it was announced in the client before i made the update, apparently it didn't and keep the mods while updated my game to 1.2.0 version.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55

@dee

I hate for this to be my first post in what appears to be a great communituy following the greatest games ever made, but here goes...

Very profound and thought out in your last post...however, I and many others would be thrilled if someone in an official capacity would expound so thoughtfully on the impact (timeframe really) that this patch is going to have on the release for Android. It really should have been sufficient time to evaluate based on past statements by Trent stating this patch would make Android viable. Coming soon just doesn't really cut it anymore. Android may ultimately account for a really small piece of the revenue pie, but several people have already asked and been ignored. Is it really so difficult to not ignore and just give us some love and talk to the Android release? It would really be appreciated. I for one would buy a month's supply of Ramen and send it your way.

Couldn't agree with this more, in sure the developers are sick of the question, but in honesty, we're sick of asking it and feeling ignored. I don't want to sound harsh but that's the truth.

I want to ask 1 question, are we likely get an Android version in 2013?
    Spellsword82Serra
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    C'mon how many years it will take to release this patch also on steam ?!. Why is atari so damn slow in that case ?!. I really want to play this game again but i can't do that... JUST DO ANYTHING ATARI
    JarvisFoxhounder
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Just what is the "Law of conservation of cursed scrolls"? :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    kamuizin said:

@dee, apparently i am, i thought installing the patch would clean all the mods as it was announced in the client before i made the update, apparently it didn't and keep the mods while updated my game to 1.2.0 version.

Other people get their saved games deleted via hardlink, and you don't even get your override deleted?
    I'm pretty sure the installer deletes everything in the override.
  • Ironmancal2131Ironmancal2131 Member Posts: 23
    I only have 1 nitpick with the patch. Cadderly is a cleric, not a mage!
    elminster
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400

I only have 1 nitpick with the patch. Cadderly is a cleric, not a mage!

He looked like a Cleric to begin with, but I think someone saw that as a bug since Cadderly's preferred outfits consist of robes.
    elminster
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148

kamuizin said:

Other people get their saved games deleted via hardlink, and you don't even get your override deleted?
    lol I thought the same. I had to reinstall my own mod like 5 times
    edited November 2013

kamuizin said:

Well, for some reason it didn't. Anyway i deleted all my old saves anyway, except for one barbarian game i'm keeping for the future.

Sicerelly i don't see this as luck, cos even today client installations doesn't have a button to reset modded installations as the site install have. In fact i don't have a choice but play with all the mods installed BEFORE the patch what will surelly lead to some bugs as i have seen :(!
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Well slap me in the face and call me dolly, it bloody works now!
    After some tinkering I found that i somehow set my color depth in Windows itself at 16-bit color depth (probarly to make the earlier BG:EE incarnation compatible with my intel chipset, anyways i completely forgot.)
    When i set it to 32-bit, it worked!

Thanks @Saradas for pushing me in the right direction
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752

I just did the update to v1.2 using the standalone client. It left several things in the game directory as well: override (no mod but a personal tweak), an override backup and several directories where I had extracted files from the game. It also left Near Infinity and other files in the main directory.
    BGEE.exe is version 0.2.6.2 dated 2012/11/30.

On the contrary, the update of the beta patch has always removed everything that was not from the game. On the same computer I did the beta update just before the normal game update, and it actually killed everything I had in the beta directory.
    BGEE.exe for the beta is version 0.1.12.0 dated 2012/11/28.

I wonder if there is a difference with people who use the Beamdog client instead.
  • mirceapuimirceapui Member Posts: 26
    Ok, i must ask:
    1. Will be another patch in the future after this one?
    2. Are you planning to make an Enhanced Edition for IWD or PST?
  • wampawampa Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2013
    "Twenty-five spells may now be displayed"

Displayed where?

"Mirror Image and Stoneskin no longer grant immunity to poison"

Does this mean the PC can be poisoned from an attack that targetted a mirror image and destroyed it now?

"Sunfire no longer bypasses magical resistance"

That was half of the reason so many people had sunfire in the first place! You've relegated it to mediocrity!

"Mages are now correctly limited by their Intelligence when determining the highest-level spells they can write into their spellbooks"

Wait, does this mean all the INT 16-17 NPC casters Imoen/Nalia/Aerie won't be able to scribe 9th level spells? I'm not sure what you mean by "correctly limited".
  • stevecatstevecat Member Posts: 8
    "Increased maximum dexterity and charisma for Dwarves
    Increased maximum wisdom for Halflings"

These aren't working...max DEX on Dwarves is now 16 and CHA is now 15, max WIS on Halflings is now 16 as well.
    kamuizin said:

kamuizin said:

Well, for some reason it didn't. Anyway i deleted all my old saves anyway, except for one barbarian game i'm keeping for the future.

Sicerelly i don't see this as luck, cos even today client installations doesn't have a button to reset modded installations as the site install have. In fact i don't have a choice but play with all the mods installed BEFORE the patch what will surelly lead to some bugs as i have seen :(!
    Bump @Avenger_teambg, @Dee.

I believe this issue of not removing some/all of the mods to be a bug in this new patch. Apparently another player already reported it too.
    Isaya said:

I just did the update to v1.2 using the standalone client. It left several things in the game directory as well: override (no mod but a personal tweak), an override backup and several directories where I had extracted files from the game. It also left Near Infinity and other files in the main directory.
    BGEE.exe is version 0.2.6.2 dated 2012/11/30.

On the contrary, the update of the beta patch has always removed everything that was not from the game. On the same computer I did the beta update just before the normal game update, and it actually killed everything I had in the beta directory.
    BGEE.exe for the beta is version 0.1.12.0 dated 2012/11/28.

I wonder if there is a difference with people who use the Beamdog client instead.
    Apparently there's something to do with the client installation.

As an request: PLEASE add an reset mods button to the client as it's done with the internet directly installations.
  • stevecatstevecat Member Posts: 8
    Nvm, it's all good. Turns out that was my steam copy running lol
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    Guys, I haven't had any time to play the game since I installed it last yr. I managed to install the beta for this patch to try it for a day or two a month or so ago, and I just wanted clarification if I'm playing the patched version now, or the beta? My version says 1.0.2028. I don't recall the beta ever saying it was a beta version though when I installed it, and I don't have enough time in game to really know the changes other than the obvious ui changes.
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone have an approx time frame for an iPad update? Not a specific date, but a "this week" or "before 2013 ends" would be nice. Thx for the update though, I can finally play on my laptop!!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @blazeheroic
    Approval time is usually around 10 days or so.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    wampa said:

"Twenty-five spells may now be displayed"

Displayed where?

"Mages are now correctly limited by their Intelligence when determining the highest-level spells they can write into their spellbooks"

Wait, does this mean all the INT 16-17 NPC casters Imoen/Nalia/Aerie won't be able to scribe 9th level spells? I'm not sure what you mean by "correctly limited".

@wampa

In your spellbook :)

And yes, it means you actually have to use those Potions of Genius for spellscribing. Not too much of a hazzle :)
  • raquoraquo Member Posts: 22
    Does the patch work with existing save games?
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    raquo said:

Does the patch work with existing save games?

Yes. Generally works flawlessly, although you might encounter one or two minor bugs.
  • KubusKubus Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    mirceapui said:

[bla] ...
    2. Are you planning to make an Enhanced Edition for [...] PST?

Beamdog plz!
    JaySee84
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

What the hell?

Why is Mulahey burping in my face?

He's apparently now taking the role of an enemy who also serves as comic relief. :)
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    Steam patch?
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    Can somone in authority have the common courtesy to answer whether or not this patch/reimplementation has any bearing on the Android release of either BG:EE or BGII:EE?
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Matchmaking Multiplayer is already working, or is it just for beta testers?
This discussion has been closed.