Skip to content

Android release date

Comments

• amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    On the plus side.... Shadowrun Returns should be out soon, and Terraria is out on Android...

• pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    Chet said:

Buying the PC version does not help. The desire for the ability to run such an awesome game on a portable device just becomes stronger.

That is my problem i know if i buy it on PC i would still end up buying it on my tablet and then never touch PC version

• TiredofWaitingTiredofWaiting Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Promotion of piracy for any reason is not permitted on these forums.
    -Dee
    Post edited by Dee on
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The android version will come some time after this patch http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21440/open-beta-how-we-ll-get-there-or-the-road-to-v1-2/p1.

You can keep an eye on that thread to see the current patch status. I realize it is not a definite release date but it is better then the "soon" we have been getting for the past year.
  • TeethOnTheEyeTeethOnTheEye Member Posts: 6
    Dee said:

Android turned out to be a much more complicated implementation than we anticipated. It's still something we're working on actively (and a lot of the improvements in this patch are stepping stones toward that goal), but there's unfortunately not a lot to report in the way of Android "news".

YAY
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59

Dee said:

Android turned out to be a much more complicated implementation than we anticipated. It's still something we're working on actively (and a lot of the improvements in this patch are stepping stones toward that goal), but there's unfortunately not a lot to report in the way of Android "news".

YAY
    I wouldn't call this a "YAY" statement...
  • jonasnichollsjonasnicholls Member Posts: 7
    ya parece broma esto... si no saben cuando va a salir el juego no le pongan "coming soon" por q no es cierto!!!!!
  • SiriomSiriom Member Posts: 12
    Agree , remove the coming soon from the front page , its obviously a lie.
  • AckillesAckilles Member Posts: 6
    Well the only BGIIEE sale they will get from me is the Android version. No Android copy, no sale. I bought the Windows version of BGEE because I was foaming at the mouth but that's it.
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Ackilles said:

Well the only BGIIEE sale they will get from me is the Android version. No Android copy, no sale. I bought the Windows version of BGEE because I was foaming at the mouth but that's it.

Agreed; I preordered BGEE for PC when I heard there was a possibility of an Android version, and I even bought a second copy just to give away to support the devs... Had I known it was going to take this long to get the Android version going, I might have re-thought that whole plan.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    I've been holding off purchasing BG:EE until the Android release... Never mind BGII:EE
  • NiltNilt Member Posts: 4
    diggerb said:

Ackilles said:

Agreed; I preordered BGEE for PC when I heard there was a possibility of an Android version, and I even bought a second copy just to give away to support the devs... Had I known it was going to take this long to get the Android version going, I might have re-thought that whole plan.
    Same here. I ordered the PC version of the first one to help support them but after the interminable delays with getting it ported to Android after promising they'd do it "soon", well, no second chances. Yeah, I know "soon" can mean almost anything but a year is too long, IMO. No more of my money until we get Android versions. The instant one's available (and I know about it) I'll be buying it, both #1 and #2. I'll likely get the PC version of #2 as well, but not until the Android one is released.
  • ZappyZappy Member Posts: 2
    Trent posted this on Twitter:
    "The #Android work turned out to be much worse than anticipated. Major re-writing of large systems."

Didn't he say something similar last year? I convinced there will be no Android release this year either. Sigh.
  • SchnitzelSchnitzel Member Posts: 17
    Zappy said:

Trent posted this on Twitter:
    "The #Android work turned out to be much worse than anticipated. Major re-writing of large systems."

Didn't he say something similar last year? I convinced there will be no Android release this year either. Sigh.

He said exactly same thing like 3-4 times.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    etotheo said:

I've been holding off purchasing BG:EE until the Android release... Never mind BGII:EE

Same for me.
    I bought my tablet earlier than planned (earlier than having all the money for it, hello student overdraft!) in the hope of getting BGEE.

• giantyakgiantyak Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    I'm still patiently waiting and watching for the android release.
    (fingers crossed for good support across 10inch devices, tegra 2 onwards etc. i'll buy a new tablet if i have too hah :) (just not an ifad XD ))
  • SerraSerra Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1
    Trent Oster, posted this tweet yesterday:

Trent Oster @TrentOster
    Follow
    We are going to lead #BGII:EE on PC on Beamdog. Mac on Beamdog is next. iPad BGII:EE is #3 . Android BG:EE is #4. Android BGII:EE is #5
    7:56 PM - 12 Nov 2013
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    Serra said:

Trent Oster, posted this tweet yesterday:

Trent Oster @TrentOster
    Follow
    We are going to lead #BGII:EE on PC on Beamdog. Mac on Beamdog is next. iPad BGII:EE is #3 . Android BG:EE is #4. Android BGII:EE is #5
    7:56 PM - 12 Nov 2013

Almost always last with the love. *sigh* It's cool though...got LEGO Marvel Superheroes to keep me happy.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    I reckon getting bgii:ee out was in the legal agreement which ended the halt in development. Think when arguments about money and returns came up, androids priority took a hit against the proven figures for pc, Mac and ipad
    Of course, pure speculation, glad to here they hope to get out out before Xmas though
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    This is good news, hears hoping we can get Android versions soon...although...going to make it hard to work with Android BG:EE right at my fingertips all the time...Beamdog...if I lose my job...I blame you...lol
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    Android release by Xmas? I've heard this somewhere before...
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    Just download Splashtop and play any PC game on your android phone, for free! I am playing SWTOR!
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    That would be great, if I had a fulltime internet connection on my wifi tablet during my commute to work.

• ImpatientlyWaitingImpatientlyWaiting Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Seriously. I've been waiting for an Android release since the Baldurs Gate 1 hit its Android release date and is still TBA. I also bought a copy of the PC game just to help the devs on the first round of these shenanigans. Now we're a year later on the first game still in hiatus on Android with a second TBA release for another whole game. Come on guys, give us already paying customers some honesty. I know I'm not the only one who feels betrayed that the cake really is a lie.
  • SiriomSiriom Member Posts: 12

I also bought a copy of the PC game just to help the devs on the first round of these shenanigans.

Loved that part where you gave em free money to help them :)
    So sweet and naive . You gave them free cash , boosted PC sales and therefor help bg ii for pc come out before the android you actually wanted. Stop comin to the forums . Get splashtop or learn to use gem.
  • IrianIrian Member Posts: 3
    Somewhat my thoughts. I will buy the Android version of both games for my tablet as soon as they come out - and THEN probably the PC versions, too, but not before. My priority is the Android version and thus I will not sabotage it by boosting PC sales first. Get it out and you'll have at least 2, probably 4 more sales.
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    well I caved, I went out and bought an Acer Iconia W3. BGEE on an 8 inch wonder, will be marvelous, oh yes.
  • ImpatientlyWaitingImpatientlyWaiting Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Siriom said:

"Stop comin to the forums . Get splashtop or learn to use gem.

Isn't that the said piracy that you aren't supposed to be discussing?

Also, I don't mind having the game to play on PC, or supporting devs on games I love. I just wish they'd stop marketing Android releases that never come.