Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    sobiyang said:

Sometimes I wonder if it's too hard to balance between fun and not-being-op... It must take lots of testing to add some interesting items.

I have this struggle with some of my characters, but it largely a conflict between the powergamer and the roleplayer in my soul, and will likely never be resolved. One day I will strike a balance that means that 95 I rolled at character creation isn't somehow overpowered. :P
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Overpowered is spells from BG 2. Eg. Cast fireshield red and blue, stoneskin and drizzt dead in seconds. :) At least can't found Protection from Normal Weapons and lesser deflect spell. Only Shadow Keeper manually can add. Sunfire cool spell too (ignores spell resistance).

Meh, Drizzt deserves it. His stats are literally cheating.
    Eudaemoniumsunset00CrevsDaak
  • Can you get the Nightclub if you don't have Eldoth in your party (to enter the silvershield estate). I want it but I dont want to rescue Skie, I kill Eldoth on sight because he is Bhaalspawn, right @KidCarnival ?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yes, you can still get it, since it is found on a crate in the garden, not inside the manor itself.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2013
    I've noticed while playing with the 1.2 patch that some of the duplicate items have been removed from the game. So far I've noticed these two:

1. The Ring of Fire Resistance found in a rock-face in the gibberling-infested area in the Cloud Peaks no longer seems to be present. In fact, the container which held it seems to be gone as well.

2. The hobgoblins of the Ulcaster area no longer seem to carry a pair of the Boots of Stealth. (This sort of bothers me, to be honest.)

Can someone else ( @Dee ?) confirm whether these items were truly removed or if it's just something weird going on with my game?

False alarm! Nothing to see here!
    Post edited by Adul on
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Adul I'm guessing it has something to do with this thread.

Hopefully the items will return with improved and unique descriptions.
    Adul
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Adul said:

I've noticed while playing with the 1.2 patch that some of the duplicate items have been removed from the game. So far I've noticed these two:

1. The Ring of Fire Resistance found in a rock-face in the gibberling-infested area in the Cloud Peaks no longer seems to be present. In fact, the container which held it seems to be gone as well.

2. The hobgoblins of the Ulcaster area no longer seem to carry a pair of the Boots of Stealth. (This sort of bothers me, to be honest.)

Can someone else ( @Dee ?) confirm whether these items were truly removed or if it's just something weird going on with my game?

I just tested it and they are both there. The ring is at x=1960, y=2380 in AR5500, the hobgoblin that has the boots is south of the Ulcaster ruins. Are you sure you were looking in the right place?
    Adul
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Sceptenar Thanks for checking up on it, turns out they were there. Strange, because yesterday I was sure I triple-checked it. Well, I'm a dunce. :)
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @ajwz
    Karaj studded leather +3 - Chest on bottom floor of durlags tower! Just an update I may be wrong but iam pretty sure that this item is actually a leather armour +3 not a studded leather. :)
    elminster
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Adul @Sceptenar If items were removed by the last update, I think it'd only affect new games. In old saved games the items should still be there.

@Adul @Sceptenar If items were removed by the last update, I think it'd only affect new games. In old saved games the items should still be there.

I just started a new game to check it, they are both there.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    With the Boots Hobgoblin, I thought it was changed so the enemy can only be killed once, since before it previously turned up in 2 different areas (and was a unique enemy).
    [Deleted User]
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013
    Already mentioned elsewhere - EDIT:ABOVE!- (patch v1.2 addition), but might be worth mentioning here too again) ; the Demon Knight at the end of Durlag is now also dropping the 'cursed' "Helmet of Opposite Alignment" (&work also from old 2014 saves before it)..

nothing extraordinary, but might be useful/fun to play Dorn(etc) in a goody/goody party even with REP20.. already tested on Ajantis (paladin).. kinda hilarious (becomes chaotic evil)..when removed from party and reintegrated, immediately leaves again the party (REP20!) and disappears for good (as a true evil now!).. but always saying his reversed 'your evil ways end here!(..)'.. "lol" ;*)
    Post edited by sunset00 on
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Adul said:

@Sceptenar Thanks for checking up on it, turns out they were there. Strange, because yesterday I was sure I triple-checked it. Well, I'm a dunce. :)

The boots are gone for me too. I will test it again.
    @ankheg
    They should be on a hobgoblin at around x=2050 y=2670, they were for me when I tested it earlier today.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Sceptenar said:

@ankheg
    They should be on a hobgoblin at around x=2050 y=2670, they were for me when I tested it earlier today.

Still nothing.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Can you get the Nightclub if you don't have Eldoth in your party (to enter the silvershield estate). I want it but I dont want to rescue Skie, I kill Eldoth on sight because he is Bhaalspawn, right @KidCarnival ?

Th́is ͡i̶s͟ ͏c̡or͠re͝ct͡.

• KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    I noticed that the boots spawn in Ulcaster if you havent gotten them from the other area, S. of Beregost. So it seems like either or. Also I cant get the lady who buys bandit scalps to spawn. The kid doesnt track me down before I goto the bandit camp. Can anyone confirm?
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    Khrondor said:

I noticed that the boots spawn in Ulcaster if you havent gotten them from the other area, S. of Beregost. So it seems like either or. Also I cant get the lady who buys bandit scalps to spawn. The kid doesnt track me down before I goto the bandit camp. Can anyone confirm?

That's not the case for me. I've had the first pair (south of Beregost) since the start of the game, and I recently went to Ulcaster for the second pair. I found it on the third group of hobgoblins I killed.
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    Corvino said:

@ajwz - Any plans for a new version of this thread for the BG2:EE content? You did a great job with this one. You have my sincere thanks for compiling and updating it.

Yea, i quote Corvino, and hope you make another one for BG2 EE too :)
    sunset00PibaroEudaemoniumJuliusBorisov
  • there are even a fool knows that (thats how I know)
    jackjack
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    I need spoilers of new stuff!!!!
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2013
    Since I still have to strengthen my party for the final fight in the black pits, I begin to wonder if the magic items from there, for example the bag of plenty +1, the quiver of plenty +1 and some other nice Items, like that shiny war hammer can be gained for BG:EE or BG2:EE?
    Sidenote: don't buy the sandthief ring, it has only 1 charge, even though the description doesn't say anything about charges or uses per day.
    edited November 2013
  • silofsilof Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    EDIT: nvm :)
    @Dee or any moderator: Can you move this to the BG:EE discussion forum? since it's counterpart was moved to the BG2:EE discussion forum